Author Topic: De Mayo  (Read 1846 times)

Figo

• Getbig V
De Mayo
« on: November 29, 2006, 06:35:03 AM »
We've all heard how he was arrested and got hooked up in drugs, which led to his passing.

But did anyone know him, or have details on the circumstances leading up to arrest or his eventual street drug addiction?

A very popular amateur that did well as a markeatable individual, and made good money with guest-appearances,  and I thought him turning pro was great for bbing. Big loss.

Wasnt he good mates with Matarazzo?

Army of One

• Getbig V
Re: De Mayo
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 06:37:23 AM »
Gayer than Pink Slippers.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 06:39:30 AM »
Gayer than Pink Slippers.

Quadzilla?

venom gang.bronze

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 07:23:14 AM »
from the chick that used to cook up a lot of oxy 80's with him: "paul owed a big dealer a lot of money. in fact, in our area, he owed a lot of dealers money. they'd given him much credit on the basis of him being "quadzilla." however, that being said, when said credit ran out, and he wasn't paying his bills, which were way in arears, they gave him and his buddy a hot one(very pure dose of heroin) so that they'd easily o'd and die. end of story.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 07:41:38 AM »
Thats fucked-up. :-\ What was jail-time for, also junk?

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 08:01:59 AM »
Thats fucked-up. :-\ What was jail-time for, also junk?

I think he fired a gun....he was fighting with his GF and he got pissed a shot a gun into the air, he lost all his endorsements due to his jail time.... :( :(
nasser=piece of shit

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 08:17:10 AM »
We've all heard how he was arrested and got hooked up in drugs, which led to his passing.

But did anyone know him, or have details on the circumstances leading up to arrest or his eventual street drug addiction?

A very popular amateur that did well as a markeatable individual, and made good money with guest-appearances,  and I thought him turning pro was great for bbing. Big loss.

Wasnt he good mates with Matarazzo?

De Mayo was a awesome bber!!!! Huge legs!!!! BTW what happened to Matarazzo?
S

theonlyone

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 08:22:10 AM »
De Mayo was a awesome bber!!!!
Fibo 95 when he posed he trembled as an invalid Paul Dillet hasn't even stood nearly to trembling and shaking so much while posing, De guy didn't even smile. He freaked out a lot of people int he audience. A truly invalid. A steroid freak as you say

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 08:22:59 AM »
De Mayo was a awesome bber!!!! Huge legs!!!! BTW what happened to Matarazzo?

Severe heart probs. And financial as a consequence. Amazing how he was so popular and obviously made good cash from guest appearances, and didnt think of the future. More striking in light of fact that hs father also passed away of heart-disease.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 08:26:03 AM »
Fibo 95 when he posed he trembled as an invalid Paul Dillet hasn't even stood nearly to trembling and shaking so much while posing, De guy didn't even smile. He freaked out a lot of people int he audience. A truly invalid. A steroid freak as you say

I thought he was an approachable, personable individual from other accounts... ???

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 08:46:54 AM »
from the chick that used to cook up a lot of oxy 80's with him: "paul owed a big dealer a lot of money. in fact, in our area, he owed a lot of dealers money. they'd given him much credit on the basis of him being "quadzilla." however, that being said, when said credit ran out, and he wasn't paying his bills, which were way in arears, they gave him and his buddy a hot one(very pure dose of heroin) so that they'd easily o'd and die. end of story.

That's kinda the way I herd it too.  Paul started with percs to help with the pain or training.  It all went down hill after that.  Oxy's than dope.  He tried to get away from it and went to Vegas to train with Trevor Smith.  After a few month it was back to Boston only now he was installing carpets.  Sad.  From the Olympic stage to a down and out junkie.  I herd the hot bag too.  He was a collector, but when the bills got too high, he paid with his life.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2006, 08:47:37 AM »

What the fuck are you talking about???

The Beef

venom gang.bronze

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2006, 11:02:17 AM »
That's kinda the way I herd it too.  Paul started with percs to help with the pain or training.  It all went down hill after that.  Oxy's than dope.  He tried to get away from it and went to Vegas to train with Trevor Smith.  After a few month it was back to Boston only now he was installing carpets.  Sad.  From the Olympic stage to a down and out junkie.  I herd the hot bag too.  He was a collector, but when the bills got too high, he paid with his life.
partially true. he started training with trevor(rip) when trevor still lived in marina del rey. i know, because i was at trevs house when zilla got there the first day.
trev was very sincere in resurrecting zilla's career. but what was zilla up to? trying to call everyone in the book for 'bain, percs, oxys, etc. this is not to speak ill of the dead, just the facts.
so, when trev took him to vegas, under the auspecies of repping nuclear nutrition, paul left the booth and went around trying to get the other, older, bigger more established companies to pick him up (again). this, on trevors dime.
you just have to realize- drug addicts come in all flavors. some, just happen to be (gasp) ...bodybuilders.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2006, 11:51:11 AM »
Saw an interview when he was 23, already massive, just fresh out of winning jr nats, looked like focused individual. I suppose its who you hang with, what you experiment with, and how strong willed you are.

Always thought he was upstanding guy, but fuck it, still inspirational nevertheless.