Author Topic: Anybody ever been stalked?  (Read 2636 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Anybody ever been stalked?
« on: December 03, 2006, 04:55:30 PM »
I had situation at work. A young lady who I helped a few times before, had criminal case. Next thing you know, she's calling me at work, asking me, what am I doing. She doesn't have a job. Well She would annoy the women I work with because she would call and get an attitude with them. And if she was told that was busy, she said she would hold for an hour.  She would come to the counter and demand for me. And wouldn't let another female talk to me.

I knew that she was Bi-Polar, and had issues with Ovarian Cancer (the girl is 26), so I wasn't curt with her, but empathetic, so she wouldn't go off on my co-workers. She is very attractive (5'1 and curvaceous). Top it off, her mother is dating one of the bailiff's, whom she calls dad. She has asked him if I was single, of course he would egg her on...

Well, one day she called like five times and people were asking if I was dating her, I had to go to my boss and tell her that I am not dating her, I do not not talk to her after work, I only helped her at the counter.  In no less than 20 minutes, she came to the counter asking for me, and said, "I had to get out of bed to see you". After I calmed her down, she said, "why couldn't you pick up the phone"..
She then called againe five times

at her court date, the judge told her attorney that she needed to cut that mess out, because people were thinking of filing harassment charges against her.

She hasn't called since...but I have seen her....

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
Re: Anybody ever been stalked?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 05:21:34 PM »
I had situation at work. A young lady who I helped a few times before, had criminal case. Next thing you know, she's calling me at work, asking me, what am I doing. She doesn't have a job. Well She would annoy the women I work with because she would call and get an attitude with them. And if she was told that was busy, she said she would hold for an hour.  She would come to the counter and demand for me. And wouldn't let another female talk to me.

I knew that she was Bi-Polar, and had issues with Ovarian Cancer (the girl is 26), so I wasn't curt with her, but empathetic, so she wouldn't go off on my co-workers. She is very attractive (5'1 and curvaceous). Top it off, her mother is dating one of the bailiff's, whom she calls dad. She has asked him if I was single, of course he would egg her on...

Well, one day she called like five times and people were asking if I was dating her, I had to go to my boss and tell her that I am not dating her, I do not not talk to her after work, I only helped her at the counter.  In no less than 20 minutes, she came to the counter asking for me, and said, "I had to get out of bed to see you". After I calmed her down, she said, "why couldn't you pick up the phone"..
She then called againe five times

at her court date, the judge told her attorney that she needed to cut that mess out, because people were thinking of filing harassment charges against her.

She hasn't called since...but I have seen her....

You always attract drama, Parker.

Perhaps if you showed more Venom and less Parker, that might change.

.....or you'd attract less of the scandalous and more of the straight-up real women.

You're too nice.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 06:19:30 PM »
Oh Puleaze!

Div, There's nothing wrong with Parker. The woman clearly has issues which those around her egged on.

Yes, I have been stalked. And it's not a comfortable feeling. Once by an ex-boyfriend who was both desperate to get me back, and wanted to know what the heck I was up to. It annoyed me more than anything, and my attitude was if he snooped enough and found out things that would only upset him, ...it was his own damn fault.

Then there was the time I was stalked by the crazy delusional mentally unstable fan of an ex-boyfriend. He had to get a restraining order against that one. Stupid me, ...I wanted to meet some of his fans so I went to a reunion of his fan-club. Big mistake. Someone found out who i was, ...some of the fans were cool, and to this day I'm still great friends with some of them, but some were flat-out whack jobs.

Another time was a little more unnerving because this guy was off mentally. He fell in love at first sight... before I'd even spoken a single word to him, and he got into a fist fight with another guy who said he was going to come over and introduce himself to me. This guy's obsession lasted years  :o And over the years, he developed fantasy scenarios in his head about things that flat out NEVER happened. He would insinuate himself into situations to get proximity to me. And he would keep just enough of a distance that I could never really call the cops about, but he was always there creeping me out like a bad penny turning up everywhere. Getting himself on VIP guest lists to get access, or turning up backstage at events. He was always well behaved, but I sensed his imbalance and could do nothing about it. This also was before they instituted stalking laws. He kept showing up at my workplace begging me to phone him. His obsession was bizarre. Finally, I decided better the devil you know than the devil you don't know. I decided to call him. I called him, and his sister answered the phone, and told me he was in the shower. I breathed a sigh of relief thinking I was off the hook, didn't have to talk to him, ...but I called. When she discovered who i was, she said "Oh hang on." ...and then I could hear her running through the house screaming at the top of her lungs "Judi is on the phone, Judi is on the phone". You would have thought it was a phone call from the queen of England, or Ed MacMahon was at the front door with Publisher's Clearing House and a giant cheque. The guy comes running out of the shower to take my call. These would have been the first few words spoken to him 8 yrs after the start of his obsession.

In that conversation, I discovered he worked in Mississauga at an insurance firm 9 - 5. At the time I was managing a store for a San Diego based Hallowe'en costume company, and as mgr. I made the schedules for the staff. I knew with rush hour traffic, he had to leave him home by 7:30 - 8am in order to get to work on time, and couldn't possibly get back into my vicinity until at least 6pm. Needless to say I scheduled myself to open the store at 9:30am well after he was already at work, and made sure I left by 4:30pm was in a cab and already home before he got off work. My asst mgr. Jason would close. It was only 2 more weeks until Hallowe'en, then the job would be over, and i could disappear again

After 10 yrs., when I thought I had finanlly gotten him OUT of my life, ...wouldn't ya know...his Mom runs into MY Mom at the hairdressers. They start up a friendship. As soon as his mom discovered my mom's last name... all crap hit the fan for me. As soon as his mom discovered I was this woman's daughter, she set about trying to insinuate herself into our lives. My mom had no idea who this woman was or her psychotic son. One year, they even planned for both families to have Christmas celebrations together.  Needless to say I didn't go home for Christmas that year. My mom and his mom became allies in orchestrating little chance meetings. My mom thought there was nothing wrong with it, and since he was such a nice guy, that maybe I'd recognize what a nice guy he was, ...and love would blossom. Sha right! Ya, he was a nice guy, ...but he was also a mental case.

One year, my mom held a dinner party, and among the guests was my old grade 8 teacher, as well as this woman. I didn't know she was gonna be there, or I wouldn't have shown up. All throughout dinner she regaled me with stories her son had told her about our wonderful times together. I was reeling the whole time. Everyone thought I had eaten something that had disagreed with me, and was about to throw up or something, ...but it was just the shock of hearing the extent of this guys' psychosis. It was THAT night, that I was finally able to get through to my mother the importance of her keeping the heck out of my love life, because none of these scenarios this woman discussed ever happened. How do you tell a woman her sweet son is a psychotic delusional whack job, ...and the only time I ever noticed him was to run like hell in the other direction?

The guy is married now with kids, but he's still obsessed with me, ...and thankfully he keeps his distance, but only because he doesn't know where to find me.

w

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 09:04:16 PM »
Oh Puleaze!

Div, There's nothing wrong with Parker. The woman clearly has issues which those around her egged on.

I've known Parker for a longtime and spoken with him offline about some of these issue before.

I know him.

That's why I can make these comments with such certainty.

You don't know him.

DIV

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 11:30:14 PM »
I've known Parker for a longtime and spoken with him offline about some of these issue before.

I know him.

That's why I can make these comments with such certainty.

You don't know him.

DIV

Fair enough. I just hate it when I hear guys saying Men are too nice. Makes my blood boil,
...and with the approach of the full moon, ...not a good idea to make my blood boil.  ;)
w

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 04:41:15 AM »

You always attract drama, Parker.

.....or you'd attract less of the scandalous and more of the straight-up real women.

You're too nice.

DIV

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 04:46:08 AM »

I did one time, she was at the counter, demanding me again, and I lit into her. She wanted to show me pics of her bikini (She was going to be a cardgirl at the Mayweather fight) I told her off in a way in which I wouldn't get into trouble
Fair enough. I just hate it when I hear guys saying Men are too nice. Makes my blood boil,
...and with the approach of the full moon, ...not a good idea to make my blood boil.  ;)

I am too nice, been told this many times, it helps sometimes, but it is quite annoying to the other side.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 06:05:18 AM »
Those are pretty tough situations but in all honesty my advise would be to be firm with her. It has gotten to the point where it is out of control and it is affecting you at your place of work. Do you want your co-workers and more importantly your boss to see this? If this persits, then you need to get a restraining order and possible go forward with harrasment charges before it escalates.

PB

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 08:56:51 AM »
The only real stalker I hever had was in high school.  I met this girl at a swim meet and we hit it off.  It was cool because she was into me but it went downhill fast.  She invited me to go somewhere and I accepted at first but then decided to go to another place that night and said I would take a rain check.  This girl called me 30 times in 2 hours.  I turned off my phone for 2 days.  I had a full voicemail inbpx and she called me during school.  I called her back and told her to f**k off.  She continued to call all the time and then eventually it died down.  She calmed down and I told her I didn't mind her being around me at parties.  This turned into an even bigger nightmare because everytime I would meet a girl at a party and do something, this girl would flip and go nuts and try and make my life hell with emails and phone calls all the time.  She would call my friends and show up places univited and try to piss me off.  It was funny because she flat out told me all she wanted was to be with me but I told her that if she wasn't psycho.  Granted I dicked her over on the "get together" but I am damn glad I didn't have sex with her.  I would probably be a dad today with this nut job.

I SAW THIS MOVIE!!

(SWIMfan: i think it was called)

PS: she is going to kill 2 cops,steal there squad car and come after you and your girlfriend!)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 08:59:32 AM »
Swimfan (2002)
Twentieth Century Fox

CAP86 has it all, great friends, a great girlfriend and a sure-fire college scholarship. But his life is turned upside-down when new girl Madison Bell entices him into a one-night affair. When CAP decides he wants to stay with girlfriend Amy, Madison turns from No.1 fan to No1. stalker!

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2006, 10:54:21 AM »
wow judi, awesome stories, but they sound difficult to have to have coped with.  And still live with.

I've just had someone curb crawl at me and that's about it lately, thank the Lord.

I have a multiple killer theory:  Even a serial killer has to turn back into a nice guy to get the next victim to go with him.

The news is upsetting me at present too.
But I so shopped today so that was fun.  I hate everyone looking at me though.

Take care (lots)
xL

Oh, by the way, that was something I learned in NY.  you can't smile at anyone in case you upset them and they punch your perfect teeth in.  I just do a half smile nowadays and walk up the middle of the road so noone can follow me home without being in full view.

Oh, it's Monday so I'm having my weekly rant.

Happy full moon.  Don't go out unless you have to.

ps:  parker:  most other men would have bonked the curvy girly, so well done for knowing in advance that she was not your type.

Mr. Arvilla:  you're hilarious, but obviously never need worry about being stalked by a maniac.  That's one of the best things about being (or being with) a big man, I figure.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2006, 01:03:24 PM »
 ;)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2006, 02:47:48 PM »
I did one time, she was at the counter, demanding me again, and I lit into her. She wanted to show me pics of her bikini (She was going to be a cardgirl at the Mayweather fight) I told her off in a way in which I wouldn't get into trouble
I am too nice, been told this many times, it helps sometimes, but it is quite annoying to the other side.

Parker,

You just need to keep it real at work, that's all.

If she crosses that line, you get your boss or someone else to deal with her.

Remove yourself from the situation, holmes.

Your niceguy qualities will attract the wrong type of women in general, but once in awhile you will attract a quality nice girl who is about something, but it's up to you to recognize that.

There are plenty of women looking for a good dependable man.

DIV

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2006, 02:57:49 PM »
Those are pretty tough situations but in all honesty my advise would be to be firm with her. It has gotten to the point where it is out of control and it is affecting you at your place of work. Do you want your co-workers and more importantly your boss to see this? If this persits, then you need to get a restraining order and possible go forward with harrasment charges before it escalates.

PB

I have been firm, plus, my boss talked to the judge about her. She has been told by her attorney to not come up here again. She hasn't, soo far.

I remember when she has me how my car was ( I had told her I could not goo ut with her one day due to having brake pads replaced, which was true), I thought after that, she could be in the parking lot scoping out what type of car I have...