Author Topic: male's posting questions on female boards...  (Read 3624 times)

az

• Getbig III
male's posting questions on female boards...
« on: December 05, 2006, 05:02:52 PM »
Why is that when "some" male's post questions on our board it turns into a debate between the sexes? And not just a debate but almost harrassment?  If I went on one the predominately "male" boards on GETBIG and acted a fool I'd be put in time out.

Maybe I should try it...

az

• Getbig III
Re: male's posting questions on female boards...
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 05:12:19 PM »
cap sometimes you seek sometimes you aggitate...

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 05:14:38 PM »
lol, u o mske me chuckle and I appreciate you for that... ::)

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 05:21:14 PM »
I really don't aim to mess with you guys.  I ask questions that may be frustrating but I only seek the truth

I don't know, you haven't pissed me off yet, and apparently I have a short fuse.
 ;D
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 05:32:18 PM »
We also haven't been posting many new threads.  In the beginning, we all brought up things women are interested in, then I guess everyone got busy, so we've been answering a lot of "male" questions. But it's true that sometimes it turns harrassing, and I know I kind of lost it at one point...

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 05:37:07 PM »
Sorry  :(.  I thought threads like thise would let women vent about stuff that maybe they think we are misinformed about

Don't take it the wrong way!!  It's fun. Occasionally overpowering male opinion becomes a bit much, but there are checks and balances.  :)  I'm just saying we could also post threads of special interest that maybe wouldn't be hot topics for men. Do you care if I find longer hair a pain to train in, or what someone else might have to say about mammograms?  ;)

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 05:38:44 PM »
I had one...

Say what? Speak on this...

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 05:50:53 PM »
Lump in the chest.  It turned out to be gyno but because of my age they did that first then an ultrasound ;D.  I feel ya Deedee

I had the first one this year...  >:( My sister and I have to get them early because of our mother. You should hang around more often.  ;D

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 07:01:58 PM »
Why is that when "some" male's post questions on our board it turns into a debate between the sexes? And not just a debate but almost harrassment?  If I went on one the predominately "male" boards on GETBIG and acted a fool I'd be put in time out.

Maybe I should try it...
;D
Az, obviously the ones that start arguements arent married. Im married and I know better since women always get their way!!

X

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 07:23:34 PM »
We also haven't been posting many new threads.  In the beginning, we all brought up things women are interested in, then I guess everyone got busy, so we've been answering a lot of "male" questions. But it's true that sometimes it turns harrassing, and I know I kind of lost it at one point...

And then you said that and it all happened!

xxx
with mad love
and thanks.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 07:25:01 PM »
almost harrassment?  If I went on one the predominately "male" boards on GETBIG and acted a fool I'd be put in time out.

Maybe I should try it...

They're all predomiately male boards, even this one.

C U
later
x

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2006, 07:32:07 PM »
?

no, okay welcome all comments.  But try very hard not to get upset when the men are vociferious.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2006, 07:34:23 PM »
I'm a guy...

that explains everything.

x

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2006, 04:42:30 AM »

Maybe I should try it...
Its only natural that there will be a difference of opinion or debate. Men and women have different views. I like to hear what the opposite sex has to say about certain subjects. Its great information to get a hold of when you can get a woman's opinion.

PB

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2006, 06:45:01 AM »
;D
since women always get their way!!

that's what you think, i think not
xL

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2006, 07:52:23 AM »
Its only natural that there will be a difference of opinion or debate. Men and women have different views. I like to hear what the opposite sex has to say about certain subjects. Its great information to get a hold of when you can get a woman's opinion.
PB

Yes, of course men and women have different views, and most are curious and interested to know what the other gender has to say. I think perhaps AZ is pointing out is this: Women can go anywhere to get comments to the effect that all bitches need a man to show them where it's at, all women hate other women, all women prefer to sleep with exciting criminals etc. In fact, you just have to scroll up or down to find all kinds of commentary to this effect.  This board was created so women could discuss concepts intelligently, without those usual, unimaginative stereotypical comments. Because you're male, maybe you don't see how some of the comments come across.  Men are just being asked to keep these things in mind.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2006, 08:48:25 AM »
I told you... ;D.  It was...interesting and embarrassing.

I personally hated it. Too claustrophobic. But let's get back to you... much more interesting.  ;D (Although I hope everything turned out okay for you!)

So did you have to wait in the OB/GYN area with all the women to have it done? Did they give you funny looks, if so?

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2006, 08:52:28 AM »
I personally hated it. Too claustrophobic. But let's get back to you... much more interesting.  ;D (Although I hope everything turned out okay for you!)

So did you have to wait in the OB/GYN area with all the women to have it done? Did they give you funny looks, if so?

how?

power wow...

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2006, 09:01:15 AM »
I went to a private imaging place but yes I did have to wait with all women.  The only other men were with their wives.  I was so embarrassed.  Everything is good; getting surgery in Feb I think.

Oh, didn't realize it was something pending.  I thought it happened in the past... otherwise I wouldn't have thrown the grin smiley in there.  I hear it's painful. Hope everything goes well in Feb!

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2006, 09:10:07 AM »
It's routine for men so it's cool.  When the docs thought I might have breast cancer, I was thinking what are the odds that of the few guys it happens to that I get it.  :o

I read the stats someplace, it's like 1 in 10 women and 1 in 50 men.