Author Topic: Strongman/PL Hybrid  (Read 2685 times)

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
Strongman/PL Hybrid
« on: December 06, 2006, 04:44:08 PM »
Does anyone have a workout plan or source that has been effective for both at the same time?

I am planning to implement my own program for this in the spring. I have found others on the net for one or the other but I believe I can make something much better. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
Re: Strongman/PL Hybrid
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 04:46:58 PM »
im intersted to see this haider posted something about it on goudys page but never wrote a routine

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 04:53:39 PM »
Dont turn completely to bodybuilding bro  :'(

A strength training routine centered around gaining mass is where its at, especially with someone with strength potential like you. I think this is similar to what u have already been doing, plus doing legs  ;D
He was speaking of strength/mass. Nothing to do with strongman really. Im looking for proven Strongman/PL Hybrid routines.

Most of the Strongman routines I have seen make little to no sense. Anyone know of any good ones?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 05:21:05 PM »
He was speaking of strength/mass. Nothing to do with strongman really. Im looking for proven Strongman/PL Hybrid routines.

Most of the Strongman routines I have seen make little to no sense. Anyone know of any good ones?

If you're natural, I can give you some feedback from what guys at my PL club does.

Otherwise, I'd have to say that searching sites like T-mag and such for articles is a good way to get started.

In general, I'd say that during the outdoor season, and if you have the proper equipment available (like tractor tires, sleds, farmers walk et al, I would suggest training twice a week on strongman and once a week in the gym on the three lifts.

If you are looking for specific excerises, then one is to try to emulate the Apollon's, with a regular barbell, by first hoisting the barbell up with a over under grip to the waist, then all the way up to the chest and at the same time turn around the grip, just like the big guys do with an Apollon's.

There are a few strongman forums you can try to ask for tips on how to go about building your own equipment, here's one:

http://www.brutestrength.com/forum/

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 07:35:04 PM »
Yes, Im a lifetime natural. What is it that your friends at the PL club do?

Thanks for the link. Pretty sure I checked them out before but I will give it another go.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 01:37:02 PM »
Yes, Im a lifetime natural. What is it that your friends at the PL club do?

Thanks for the link. Pretty sure I checked them out before but I will give it another go.

During summer season, they train once or twice a week in the gym, and twice strongman events.

Be a little more specific, would you like suggestions on what excersises to do?

What kind of equipment do you have, do you have access to a big wheel (approx 700-800 lbs) for flipping, stones, et al.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 04:09:22 PM »
I can get the tire. I have a friend who welds, so I can do things in that regard. The equipment isnt an issue really. I can get it or make it.

What I am interested in is if anyone has any training protocols that have been efficient for PL/Strongman simultaneously. If not, I understand. I have found Strongman routines that work and PL routines that work, BUT never have I seen a routine that worked for both.

Have you seen anything like this?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 05:11:02 PM »
I can get the tire. I have a friend who welds, so I can do things in that regard. The equipment isnt an issue really. I can get it or make it.

What I am interested in is if anyone has any training protocols that have been efficient for PL/Strongman simultaneously. If not, I understand. I have found Strongman routines that work and PL routines that work, BUT never have I seen a routine that worked for both.

Have you seen anything like this?

I understand what you're looking for.

Let me ask one of the guys tomorrow, and I'll get back to you in a few, k?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 05:19:01 PM »
Werd 8)