Author Topic: how many of you finish your workouts under 30 MINUTES?  (Read 7444 times)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Re: how many of you finish your workouts under 30 MINUTES?
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2006, 07:49:37 AM »
No, I have decided to go 100 percent natural. I was natural before, but took creatine and a host of other suppliments. I drink a coffee then just get it done.

I can dig it. I let these fools on here turm me away from high volume training. But it is better for me too. When i go dumb heavy i get big but i also get hurt with little to no pump. im all about the 80 min workouts. do you train alone.

body88

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2006, 07:50:57 AM »
Forgot to mention the warmup set is included in the 5 set total in the latter stages of the workout.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2006, 07:51:42 AM »
I understand what you are saying. I was training heavy and decided I just do not have the structure for it. I like to feel the pump and need alot of reps to get it going.

Volume is def not for everyone. My muscle tends to look more full now. For whatever reason I do not get tired from this ???

my structure for the most part is good for heavy training, once i decide to go heavy on a movement i usually progress pretty fast on it.
nasser=piece of shit

body88

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2006, 07:52:45 AM »
I can dig it. I let these fools on here turm me away from high volume training. But it is better for me too. When i go dumb heavy i get big but i also get hurt with little to no pump. im all about the 80 min workouts. do you train alone.

I train alone. I cannot concentrate when I am working out. My gym is not a serious gym either. So most the people are there to talk anyway. I talk a bit before I start, but after that I just lift.

I see no issue with 30 plus sets per major bp if you work them in a weekly cycle. I love it.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2006, 07:52:55 AM »
chest and back = 40 mins
Shoulders and arms = 40 mins
Legs = 35 mins

chest and back = 40 mins = 20 total sets
Shoulders and arms = 40 mins = 28 total sets
Legs = 35 mins = 22 total sets
K

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2006, 07:54:26 AM »
Mine are done in roughly 9-11 min.

body88

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2006, 07:55:18 AM »
my structure for the most part is good for heavy training, once i decide to go heavy on a movement i usually progress pretty fast on it.

I assume you are more of a pure mesomorph? I am an ecto mesomorph. If I had to compare my structure to a pro it would be identical to that of Serge Nubret. Obviously not on par with the level of development he showed. Speaking of bones and shape of course.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2006, 07:56:11 AM »
With a gym in the store I get to workout when ever I have down time.  Rarely do I get 30 min of undisturbed workout time, but clients get off when I train with them.  I spend about an hour if I figured it out, but answering the phone, a customer, sales rep or someone else is always bothering me when I want to get a good non interrupted workout, so I come in an hour before opening, get a good one in, go home shower, come back and do it all over again, but not with the intensity of my early, by my self workout.  Today is legs, so every break I do a set of leg presses or any other leg exercise.  By 5:00 the legs are fried and I need a walker to make it  to my car.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2006, 07:56:35 AM »
Chest workout today. Five sets. Two dumbell presses. One set neck press and two machine presses for feel/finish. Fried in less than twenty.  :) 

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2006, 07:59:06 AM »
Chest workout today. Five sets. Two dumbell presses. One set neck press and two machine presses for feel/finish. Fried in less than twenty.  :) 

Neck Press  8) no gironda dips ?
K

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2006, 08:02:39 AM »
I assume you are more of a pure mesomorph? I am an ecto mesomorph. If I had to compare my structure to a pro it would be identical to that of Serge Nubret. Obviously not on par with the level of development he showed. Speaking of bones and shape of course.

I have mesmorphic tendencies along with some endo thrown in there, I'm not the kind of guy who can walk up to a bench and throw around 315+ whenever I want but I can if I concentrate on that movement for awhile.  I don't have any problems gaining weight when i want to, I have a little trouble getting ripped but I have not had to be in shape for along time.  short stocky physique.
nasser=piece of shit

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2006, 08:55:58 AM »
45 minutes sounds about right, unless I do just 1 bodypart, and 30 is plenty. 
Most are all show no go!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2006, 08:58:33 AM »

Trimming the time between sets actually gives me a really nice cardio boost.

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
  • DC Comics Pro and TEAM MUSCLECENTER
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2006, 09:05:54 AM »
I do workouts under 30 minutes every now and then, especially when I'm pressed for time.  It's brutal, mostly a ton of drop and/or supersets, but I tell you I get the most intense soreness after these short workouts. Intensity in weight-lifting can be increased by either:

--doing your same workout with increased weight
--doing your same workout with the same weights, but increase in reps
--doing your same workout with same weight and reps, but in a decreased amount of time

My chest workout last month was a personal record 15 minutes--including warm-ups!  I had a busy day and had to get the workout in...but I was just as sore if not more than if I spent an hour doing them.

SM

Weightpit

• Getbig III
  • Remember Sharon Tate...Carpe Diem
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2006, 10:36:47 AM »
All my workouts are 40 - 50 minutes tops. Last night I did 20 sets for shoulders and got it done in 40 minutes. No more than 30 seconds rest in between. My motto is to go in, go hard, go fast....and get out!

Just like with a woman!!   ;D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2006, 11:51:31 AM »
All my workouts are 40 - 50 minutes tops. Last night I did 20 sets for shoulders and got it done in 40 minutes. No more than 30 seconds rest in between. My motto is to go in, go hard, go fast....and get out!

Just like with a woman!!   ;D
Haha. I had a bud who used to say about sex: 'get in; get out; no one sees anything - just like a heist'  ;)

SDMF

• Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2006, 02:01:34 PM »
My workouts are usually 30-45 minutes..sometimes I can bang chest out in 25 minutes

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2006, 03:04:00 PM »
mine are an hour to an hour and half. depends what im training, and how i feel on that day. Legs and back take longer for me, with chest, arms or shoulders I can just tell when im done.
bodybuildersreality.com

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2006, 03:50:40 PM »
Half hour sessions are rare for me, particularly on days where I do certain exercises (e.g., pullups) that I like to take up to 5 minutes rest between.

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2006, 04:16:12 AM »
Back and legs take time, about an hour,
mainly due the time between sets, have to focus mentally,
chest and shoulders within 30 minutes.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2006, 04:58:15 AM »
I got legs done last week in 30 mins. I was about to leave wen my friend came in, he asked how long id been and was surprised wen i sed only 1/2 hour, as i looked absolutley nackered!!

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2006, 06:25:28 AM »
high volume rules. 90min of pure high volume. body parts 2 times per week. 80% of the time.20% of time throw in lighter weeks and some weeks of lower volumer and heavier training to push the poundages..and then use the strength to go back to higher reps (8-10). never ending cycle. often the magic happens when you change workout programs.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2006, 06:29:05 AM »
Friday I did Chest, shoulders and Tri's all done in DC fashion...in and out in about 45 minutes but I took my time between movements and did something special for chest at the end.  Today it's Calfs, Hams and Quads along with a little ab work, I'll be done in under an hour but I don't think I could be in and out in under 30 minutes.
nasser=piece of shit

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2006, 06:38:47 AM »
damn i feel like i didnt to anything if im in there for one bodypart for under an hour.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2006, 09:34:03 AM »
Today I did legs, in and out in under an hour, went something like this...all done in DC training fashion:

Calves:  435*14 reps, 5 count negative and hold in the stretched position for a 15 count then explode up, if you're honest with yourself each rep should take 20 seconds.  By the end my legs are shaking like mad then I take a 20 second break and start pumping out partial reps..I got 30 partials.  I added 5lbs this workout and 1 additional rep.

sumo leg press.  465*15.  These are done feet high up on the leg press, pushing with the heels, slow negatives and explosive positive reps then I did a 20 second static and a 1 minute stretch on each leg.  5lbs increase and reps stayed the same.

Leg press-875*8, up 5 lbs and 1 more rep, my max on this was 905 for 4 reps, I backed off and upped the reps so I'm trying to hit 905 for 6-8 reps this time, I did a 20 second static unloaded the machine and went over to the life fitness leg press for 1 set of 20 which is called a "widowmaker" wehn you do DC.  I'm still trying to find a movement that I like for my Widowmaker this is the first time I ever used this machine, did my 20 reps.

Then I did 2 sets of 12 on the hammer crunch machine with light weight.

nasser=piece of shit