Author Topic: crazy BRANCH WARREN quad workout description..  (Read 7924 times)

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
crazy BRANCH WARREN quad workout description..
« on: December 14, 2006, 01:02:52 AM »
that sounds really intense :o

A few years back before I turned pro I did a lot of retarded shit at Metroflex. This guy that I had competed against and beat called me up and challenged me. I told him if wanted to beat me on stage he had to be able to beat me in the gym first.
So this guy shoiws up at Metroflex and its leg day. He said I'm ready. My partner said no your not muthafucker.
We started with extensions 2 warmups then a 50 rep set with the stack and the last set we started with the stack and went tofailure and droped the weight and kept going until we got 100 reps."
Next we did squats I ended up doing 495 for 19 reps. that guy couldn't even do one all the way down. We wouldn't let him quit until he got all of his reps in so we dropped the weight to 315 and made him finish. He fell down and pucked all over the squat rack. next was parking lot lunges. He could barley walk at this point and he sure as hell wasn't used to the heat. We (jay ands I) went up to 225lbs for two long sets of lunges. This guy dissappeared during lunges. We went on to do leg presses. Brian Dobson found this guy passed out on the bathroom floor with one leg proped up on he toliet. I just kept training and did hamstrings harder than ever. Seeing that guy passed out just motivated me more and more. I told myself no matter how bad I was hurting I would never quit a workout. We trained so hard that day my legs were sore for seven days. That poor bastard had to go to the hospital."

"I was in my early twenties and doing legs. Jay and I had just started lifting together and every day was a pissing match who could do more. We started with leg extensions. We did 3 two minute sets. do a rep and down for 2 seconds and hold each one at the top. Next we did squats. 1 light set then 315 for 50 reps. next set 315 for 50. then on to hack squats. I wanted to kill jay so I thought up some retarded shit. 1 plate each side 10 reps. then 2 plates 20 reps, 3 plates 30 reps, 4 plates 40 reps. I was about to hurl at this point but jay was still standing so I said fuck it, 5 plates 50 reps. Jay got something like 39 or 40. I beat him by a couple reps. but hacks are my strongest movement. But the war wasn't over. When we tried to get up neither one of us could walk. Literally. I fucking tried to stand up and fell to the floor. the leg press was right next to the hack squat so I just kinda crawled into it. What weight was on it i just left it and started pressing. i heard Jay pucking and thought I got this mutha. But he wouldn't quit. He did all of his leg presses. When all was done I threw my guts up all over the parking lot. We both did a couple of times and laid on the pavement until we could drive."
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

JasonH

• Getbig V
Re: crazy BRANCH WARREN quad workout description..
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 02:51:23 AM »
Crazy fools.  ::)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 03:53:02 AM »
Crazy fools.  ::)

haha, I know, as if that is necessary.  Is Branch really that delusional?  On the drug stacks and caloric intake he and other pros are on, they would grow literally just eating and sleeping.  You have to love how these guys genuinely think hard training is the biggest factor.  It's kind of sad.  If I was on the drugs Branch was on I would be 220 lean without touching a weight or changing my diet.

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 03:57:32 AM »

A few years back before I turned pro I did a lot of retarded shit at Metroflex. This guy that I had competed against and beat called me up and challenged me. I told him if wanted to beat me on stage he had to be able to beat me in the gym first.
So this guy shoiws up at Metroflex and its leg day. He said I'm ready. My partner said no your not muthafucker.
We started with extensions 2 warmups then a 50 rep set with the stack and the last set we started with the stack and went tofailure and droped the weight and kept going until we got 100 reps."
Next we did squats I ended up doing 495 for 19 reps. that guy couldn't even do one all the way down. We wouldn't let him quit until he got all of his reps in so we dropped the weight to 315 and made him finish. He fell down and pucked all over the squat rack. next was parking lot lunges. He could barley walk at this point and he sure as hell wasn't used to the heat. We (jay ands I) went up to 225lbs for two long sets of lunges. This guy dissappeared during lunges. We went on to do leg presses. Brian Dobson found this guy passed out on the bathroom floor with one leg proped up on he toliet. I just kept training and did hamstrings harder than ever. Seeing that guy passed out just motivated me more and more. I told myself no matter how bad I was hurting I would never quit a workout. We trained so hard that day my legs were sore for seven days. That poor bastard had to go to the hospital."

"I was in my early twenties and doing legs. Jay and I had just started lifting together and every day was a pissing match who could do more. We started with leg extensions. We did 3 two minute sets. do a rep and down for 2 seconds and hold each one at the top. Next we did squats. 1 light set then 315 for 50 reps. next set 315 for 50. then on to hack squats. I wanted to kill jay so I thought up some retarded shit. 1 plate each side 10 reps. then 2 plates 20 reps, 3 plates 30 reps, 4 plates 40 reps. I was about to hurl at this point but jay was still standing so I said f**k it, 5 plates 50 reps. Jay got something like 39 or 40. I beat him by a couple reps. but hacks are my strongest movement. But the war wasn't over. When we tried to get up neither one of us could walk. Literally. I fucking tried to stand up and fell to the floor. the leg press was right next to the hack squat so I just kinda crawled into it. What weight was on it i just left it and started pressing. i heard Jay pucking and thought I got this mutha. But he wouldn't quit. He did all of his leg presses. When all was done I threw my guts up all over the parking lot. We both did a couple of times and laid on the pavement until we could drive."

Where did you get this?

495 squats for 19 after that leg extension routine?

That would make Platz's 495 for 21 weak by comparison. I call bullshit.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 04:08:15 AM »

Where did you get this?

Good point with the Platz comparison.  Branch is quite powerful though.  He handles 405 on the flat bench the way a lot of other pros handle 225 or 315, but pros do have a way to enhance their lifts a little bit.  Branch posted this on the MD boards:

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/forums/showpost.php?p=29631&postcount=217

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 04:28:58 AM »
Good point with the Platz comparison.  Branch is quite powerful though.  He handles 405 on the flat bench the way a lot of other pros handle 225 or 315, but pros do have a way to enhance their lifts a little bit.  Branch posted this on the MD boards:

That's true- Branch was a powerlifter previously, I think?

I wonder how many reps he would be able to get with 495 fresh.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2006, 05:34:26 AM »
steroids is a powerful drug
L

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2006, 06:31:30 AM »
steroids is a powerful drug

"steroids are powerful drugs"

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2006, 06:34:12 AM »
I could never imagine doing walking lunges with that kind of weight.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2006, 06:52:14 AM »

"I was in my early twenties and doing legs. Jay and I had just started lifting together and every day was a pissing match who could do more. We started with leg extensions. We did 3 two minute sets. do a rep and down for 2 seconds and hold each one at the top. Next we did squats. 1 light set then 315 for 50 reps. next set 315 for 50. then on to hack squats. I wanted to kill jay so I thought up some retarded shit. 1 plate each side 10 reps. then 2 plates 20 reps, 3 plates 30 reps, 4 plates 40 reps. I was about to hurl at this point but jay was still standing so I said f**k it, 5 plates 50 reps. Jay got something like 39 or 40. I beat him by a couple reps. but hacks are my strongest movement. But the war wasn't over. When we tried to get up neither one of us could walk. Literally. I fucking tried to stand up and fell to the floor. the leg press was right next to the hack squat so I just kinda crawled into it. What weight was on it i just left it and started pressing. i heard Jay pucking and thought I got this mutha. But he wouldn't quit. He did all of his leg presses. When all was done I threw my guts up all over the parking lot. We both did a couple of times and laid on the pavement until we could drive."

this story is bullshit, the reason i say that is because it's the same story but he tells it ten diferent ways, there's literally like ten different versions of this story now, he's full of shit.

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2006, 07:01:59 AM »
this story is bullshit, the reason i say that is because it's the same story but he tells it ten diferent ways, there's literally like ten different versions of this story now, he's full of shit.

def bullshit....

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2006, 07:26:04 AM »

Where did you get this?

It is bullshit, pure bullshit.

Has anyone ever seen the youtube vid of Branch doing 150's in the dumbell bench press? He does 1/2 reps and his form is shit. I am sure his leg training would be no different.

The Beef

Farcry

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2006, 07:41:07 AM »
doesn't branch do 20 reps w/ 405 on the military press, im sure 495 pound squats for 19 are nothing to him ::)

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2006, 01:30:31 PM »
i am also gonna go with bullshit on this one.
-

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2006, 01:48:13 PM »
225 for lunges, wow he's strong ::)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2006, 02:29:15 PM »
I see you plan on getting mentioned in MD again.  ;D
yeah i lnow, anytime you call out any pro on a bullshit claim they make, you're an "internet nerd" a "cybergeek", you never worked out in your life, blah, blah, blah. ::)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2006, 02:39:47 PM »
yeah i lnow, anytime you call out any pro on a bullshit claim they make, you're an "internet nerd" a "cybergeek", you never worked out in your life, blah, blah, blah. ::)

in your case it happens to be true!
Z

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2006, 03:34:37 PM »
Yes, major bullshit.  40 reps with 5 plates on "deep" hack squats, after doing all the previous things mentioned?  Funny, cause in Culter's video, he only manages something like 12 with 6 plates.
Where do people come up with these MD "hardcore" stories.
I love how these guys try to sound like it's because of their "sick" routines that they have crazy gains.  They're all drug abusers, plain and simple.  Take that away, then see where your gains are.  Training natural isn't for everyone though.  Be careful. :'(
N

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2006, 03:50:25 PM »

i dont know if you lifters here are kookoos or just pretend to be kookoos,,,go to hillybilly woods usa or some little no where town to be found in germany/russia,,and you will see 185 pounders at 5'9 with some test var/halo/dianabol and growth benching 405 for clean 6-8 reps with no problems what so ever. 185! not 285!

you guys gotta understand that we pros dont go over 315-405 unless its for video or shit that pays us back,,315-405 is plenty for us. the more muscle/size you got on,, the harder it will be for you to lift with out fuckin up your muscle tendoins somehow.

notice that the strongest guys pound for pound in your gyms,, are also the skinniest/smallest ones,,the ones who rarely add on mass because they come their to show off strength. their tendoins and bones are very strong indeed
fallen angel

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2006, 04:20:16 PM »
so gh15 whats the best way to build muscle then?

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2006, 05:05:27 PM »
the best way to add muscle is to lift as heavy as YOU can go,,and that means with out takin 10 min breaks between sets talkin to your friends in the gym

when you hear people tell you that you need over 45 min in the gym,,it is total bullshit. you only need 2 hours if you talk 5 min betweenn each set and lift too heavy for your size that you cant keep intensity.

you gotta work the muscle not the ego,, with the heaviest poundage possible. nothing will happen to your muscle if you wait too long between sets,,,or if you do half ass set while curving your lower back 40 feet up. it is nice to work the ego one every 2 weeks,,chose a day that all the hot chics/ hoes come in the gym and show up afternoon and come only to work the ego so you can feel good about yourself,,,rest of the time should be on the spot with out playing foolish ego games. meals also!! timing is everything when building bigger muscles.

notice in all the videos im participating the way i work the bench,,,i load it fast!!! and wait maybe a min or 2 max between sets. same for any other body part.
fallen angel

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2006, 05:06:24 PM »
the best way to add muscle is to lift as heavy as YOU can go,,and that means with out takin 10 min breaks between sets talkin to your friends in the gym

when you hear people tell you that you need over 45 min in the gym,,it is total bullshit. you only need 2 hours if you talk 5 min betweenn each set and lift too heavy for your size that you cant keep intensity.

you gotta work the muscle not the ego,, with the heaviest poundage possible. nothing will happen to your muscle if you wait too long between sets,,,or if you do half ass set while curving your lower back 40 feet up. it is nice to work the ego one every 2 weeks,,chose a day that all the hot chics/ hoes come in the gym and show up afternoon and come only to work the ego so you can feel good about yourself,,,rest of the time should be on the spot with out playing foolish ego games. meals also!! timing is everything when building bigger muscles.

notice in all the videos im participating the way i work the bench,,,i load it fast!!! and wait maybe a min or 2 max between sets. same for any other body part.
gh, what rep range do you suggest for arms and traps?
Squishy face retard

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2006, 05:15:39 PM »
Good stuff as always gh15.  I've actually been away from the gym for a month now due to pneumonia for the first half, then just taking it easy for the second half.  What do you think the best way for coming off a layoff is?  I plan to start with a full body workout tomorrow then back to a five day split on Monday.  Not sure exactly how to go about it for best results though.

you planned well. id go 3 times a week first week or 2,,then go back to 4-5 or whatever how ever times you trained before per week.
fallen angel

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2006, 05:27:17 PM »
gh, what rep range do you suggest for arms and traps?

it depends.

building arms for typical 10-15% bf lifter/bodybuilder,, under 20 inch id go with 6-8 at times 9/10 too,,,over 20 inch arms id go with 6-12,,

at the end it all depends on what works for you,,and if youre on or off hormones,,,and if you feel the burn/pump at 6 or at 10,,its an individual thing that only your own brain-body connection can decide about.

some guys can do a session of 10 sets and develop phenominal physiqes,,,some need 17,,,all individual dependent and should be taken case by case

fallen angel

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2006, 05:30:38 PM »
I like 21's for biceps but lower reps for triceps. Plus I am natural
Squishy face retard