Author Topic: Costumes & Conduct in the Olympia  (Read 7461 times)

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
Re: Costumes & Conduct in the Olympia
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2006, 08:10:40 AM »
If you want "cred" choose another "sport."

Who is this Conan or Shredder, or what the hell it is? :o
S

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2006, 08:55:45 AM »
agree with the first two, but don't think the third exists as you describe. I think there are a small percentage of hetero men who still need strong male role models to emulate and admire, because they were neglected/ignored in one way or another from Dad,  but I do not think they have any significant gay sexual impulses that would categorize then as gay. Their anger and homophobia is a related to Dads neglect and phsycological "castration". Leaving them never feeling like real men. They hate that part of themselves thus hate anything perceived as "gay" or less than manly.

Also don't agree that the sport would not exists without gays, that is an overly self important gay centric point of view.

Are you kidding? The third one absolutely exists...you can find a great deal of them right here on this website...just look at how many posts have gay references in it.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2006, 09:02:57 AM »
I should be happy about it...I'm the one who submitted to have the rules enforced on it.

Yes, it is in the rulebook, but as everyone knows...the rule has been softened up over the years.

Let the PDI look like clowns...

Good work and thank you on behalf of all the fans!
just push some weight!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2006, 09:07:13 AM »
agree with the first two, but don't think the third exists as you describe. I think there are a small percentage of hetero men who still need strong male role models to emulate and admire, because they were neglected/ignored in one way or another from Dad,  but I do not think they have any significant gay sexual impulses that would categorize then as gay. Their anger and homophobia is a related to Dads neglect and phsycological "castration". Leaving them never feeling like real men. They hate that part of themselves thus hate anything perceived as "gay" or less than manly.

Also don't agree that the sport would not exists without gays, that is an overly self important gay centric point of view.

I think you'll lose if you are debating against Bay on ths subject

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2006, 09:27:12 AM »
Are you kidding? The third one absolutely exists...you can find a great deal of them right here on this website...just look at how many posts have gay references in it.

I agree they exists at shows and here too but not exactly how Bay described them. More like I did.  I don't believe they are gay. Yes, frustrated, phobic, insecure, lost, desperate to identify with and be accepted by big strong men, but their not gay. Its just unfair to say that and maybe wishful thinking on some peoples part.

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2006, 09:35:55 AM »
I think you'll lose if you are debating against Bay on ths subject
agree, he is quite hard headed (insert gay joke here).

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2006, 10:25:11 AM »
enough gay shit, back on topic.

They should ban costumes and pro tan. And make conduct off and on stage apply, otherwise the "Mr." in front of titles makes no sense. The "Mr." implies character and respect not just muscle, so character should be measured somehow.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2006, 10:34:21 AM »

I rest my case.

I agree they exists at shows and here too but not exactly how Bay described them. More like I did.  I don't believe they are gay. Yes, frustrated, phobic, insecure, lost, desperate to identify with and be accepted by big strong men, but their not gay. Its just unfair to say that and maybe wishful thinking on some peoples part.

Perhaps you misuderstood.  I'm not saying those three groups are the only men interested in bodybuilding.  There ARE plenty heterosexual men competing and among the fans, but I think you underestimate how large the three groups I identify are in the population of this sport.  btw, this isn't the only sport... I think they make up a sizeable portion of pro wrestling fans... but I've written about that previously.

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2006, 10:54:29 AM »
PDI, the New Look of Pro BBing ;D

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2006, 10:55:16 AM »
No it's not Holloween it's the Boys from PDI Pro BBing

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2006, 11:15:08 AM »
I rest my case.

Perhaps you misuderstood.  I'm not saying those three groups are the only men interested in bodybuilding.  There ARE plenty heterosexual men competing and among the fans, but I think you underestimate how large the three groups I identify are in the population of this sport.  btw, this isn't the only sport... I think they make up a sizeable portion of pro wrestling fans... but I've written about that previously.

I realize that, all I am debating is the third type of man you describe. I don't believe they exist. I dont believe any  man would be satisfied with what you describe. I think the men you are characterizing in type three are not closeted gay but rather 100% straight. They are at these events for male bonding but not for homoeroticsm. I think that is too broad a generalization and not fair.  For example the 40 year old straight identifying homophobic guy at a pro wrestling match with a stone cold t-shirt on shouting how much he loves stone and how great and big his pecs are, is not a closeted gay guy struggling with his sexuality. I think that is unfair. I think he has trouble with his own male identity and security but he is straight sexually.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2006, 11:26:10 AM »
I realize that, all I am debating is the third type of man you describe. I don't believe they exist. I dont believe any  man would be satisfied with what you describe. I think the men you are characterizing in type three are not closeted gay but rather 100% straight. They are at these events for male bonding but not for homoeroticsm. I think that is too broad a generalization and not fair.  For example the 40 year old straight identifying homophobic guy at a pro wrestling match with a stone cold t-shirt on shouting how much he loves stone and how great and big his pecs are, is not a closeted gay guy struggling with his sexuality. I think that is unfair. I think he has trouble with his own male identity and security but he is straight sexually.

You're obviously not getting his point...he described 3 types of GAY guys that most likely attend and support bodybuilding.

Thy weren't the ONLY people that support BB (as he pointed out)

Are you saying that there AREN'T any "closeted" gays out there in the world?

You may want to re-read what BAY wrote,I think you misinterpreted what he said...

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2006, 05:25:03 PM »
I do understand he was just talking about three types of gay bodybuildng fans. and I know there are closted fans in and outside of bodybuilding shows, but type one and two cover all of them.

The question of concern is the third type, "deeply closeted guys" The reason I don't like this description is because people, straight and gay, wrongly apply it to too many people too often and I think it excaberates the homophobia in bodybuilding. There may be some poor souls that fit into type three but I think the number is far too few to even mention.

For example according to Bays description, if a guy is with a girl, says he is straight, he says homophobic things, it is unknown whether he has had sex with guys or girls, but he is cheering for a guy in speedos at a bodybuilding show. According to Bay's catagories he may be type three "deeply closeted." This is wrong. This is why some straight guys wont go to a show, there is the fear that they might be perceived as "deeply closeted". Hell you can be married and sucking face with your wife, have kids and walk into a bodybuilding show and there will be some asshole that will think your "deeply closeted"  and your just confused. It's crazy, it creates a kind of paranoia that actually breeds more hatred and homophobia. Just take people at their word and let it be. There is too much distrust in people. Yes there are Ted Haggards in the world but they are a much smaller number than people would like to believe.

It happens to gay guys too. I have been told, "no your not gay, your deeply hetero you just dont realize it, open up to jesus and it will appear. YOur deeply confused and frustrated. YOu may or may not be having sex with girls, but I did see you at a beauty pageant cheering for Ms. New Jersey so you must be straight." Do you see what I am saying, This kind of thinking is mythilogical. It is not real. People are forcing their wishes or fears on each other depending on what their agenda is.

THis kind of thinking is symptomatic of a society that doesn't trust each other, that fears each other.  Its dangerous and always leads to violence.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2006, 06:55:54 PM »
They should ban costumes and pro tan. And make conduct off and on stage apply, otherwise the "Mr." in front of titles makes no sense. The "Mr." implies character and respect not just muscle, so character should be measured somehow.

Conduct off stage shouldn't apply to anything in competition.

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2006, 06:59:16 AM »
Conduct off stage shouldn't apply to anything in competition.

In the NFL or other pro organization if a player  does not show sportsmanship, or outside the field engages in questionable behavior that may embarrase the organization, they are suspended or dismissed. In the IFBB there are no consequences for any bad behavior unless the law is involved. I am sure Craig Titus was acting out way before the law got involved. If that was the NFL or Baseball they would have called him to the office and told him to straighten out or his out. 

And as far as the competition goes I do think Mr. Olympia should be more than just who has the best body, it should also include being an official rep of the IFBB and the athletes. In that case they would need to be judged on their character and what their vision is for the sport and what they want to do to advance it.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2006, 08:39:34 AM »
Of course closet gays (like bay described) exist...

It's just not as common as he would LIKE to believe.

Gays like to think every guy at the wrestling show is a closet homo.

TEAM REPTILIAN

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2006, 08:57:15 AM »
Bob, good work on getting one and all to enforce a rule that already exists.

Are there any other rules that are being overlooked that you are recommending to be enforced?

A bit strange to me that the "rule" is not adhered to in the first place.

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2006, 09:15:55 AM »
Of course closet gays (like bay described) exist...

It's just not as common as he would LIKE to believe.

Gays like to think every gay at the wrestling show is a closet homo.

Agreed.

And some straights also perpetuate the myth in and outside the industry.

I am one gay guy trying to say that the questioning of anyones sexuality is pointless. It
It is creating an atmosphere of hostility and fear and it is all baseless and pointless.

Unless you ablsolutely know, you should take people at the word and leave it at that.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2006, 09:17:55 AM »
Yeah like Abe Lincoln is gay because he slept in a dudes bed one time.

Everyone is closeted. ;D

TEAM REPTILIAN

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2006, 04:19:22 PM »
Yeah like Abe Lincoln is gay because he slept in a dudes bed one time.

Everyone is closeted. ;D

one time?  try regularly and wrote the guy flowery letters after on embossed stationary too.
but president james buchanan was a homosexual.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2006, 05:15:51 PM »
proof?
TEAM REPTILIAN

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2006, 05:31:29 PM »
proof?

library of the united states congress archives

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2006, 05:32:10 PM »
link?
TEAM REPTILIAN

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2006, 05:45:58 PM »
I should be happy about it...I'm the one who submitted to have the rules enforced on it.

Yes, it is in the rulebook, but as everyone knows...the rule has been softened up over the years.

Let the PDI look like clowns...

So was your boy kamali mad at you for it?

I mean, what's he gonna do for attention now? Not like his physique is going to get it (not positive attention, anyways).......

HAHA, RON.....