Author Topic: Hahahahaha, look at these bench shirt clowns!!!!!!!!!  (Read 8747 times)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
Re: Hahahahaha, look at these bench shirt clowns!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2006, 01:44:36 PM »
Let's put all of this in perspective, shall we? 

All of these negative comments from the men who aspire to be, compete in, or like to watch bodybuilders who rub oil all over themselves and then stand up in front of a crowd in nut-hugging Speedo-style trunks and nothing else and "pose".  Lest we not forget these same men give themselves bikini waxes so their ball hair will not show through their itsy-bitsy bikinis...

People in glass houses should not throw stones.

I don't care for the bench shirts myself but you guys have to realize that shirted competitions are the norm.  These men wear these shirts which aid their lifts but they are competing against others wearing shirts thus making the playing field relatively even. 

I don't think anyone was laughing at the fact they were using bench shirts,just the partial rep part...could be wrong though.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2006, 01:50:14 PM »
dont know if this was posted but THIS is how you bench!!!

Scouser on Tour

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2006, 01:52:56 PM »
  I wonder how much that guy weighs...he looks big as a house.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2006, 01:53:44 PM »
@chris... i have nothing agiants powerlifters in fact....  i have trained with them... and have powerlifting affiliations in fact  my training... is filled my powerlifting principlles as well a bb movements...
where i have the proble is with bench shirts.. etc..... i just cannot understand why not just lift what you can lift without it....it would desroy me mentally if i knew that i could bench 500 lbs.... but not without a shirt...

that's the reality of the sport today, so you either adapt with it and be competitive or you take some sort of bullshit "moral" standpoint and no one gives a shit.

it's all fine and dandy if you want to lift raw, i think it's a hell of a lot easier from a practical perspective, but bitching and moaning about it at this point is fuggin pointless because guess what? they aren't going away any time soon.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2006, 02:28:54 PM »
Why not take a public stand and call out all these clowns on their bogus shirt lifts and stir the sport back in the right direction. These shirts are turning it into pro wrasling.
TEAM REPTILIAN

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2006, 02:30:49 PM »
Why not take a public stand and call out all these clowns on their bogus shirt lifts and stir the sport back in the right direction. These shirts are turning it into pro wrasling.

lol....wrasling

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2006, 03:00:41 PM »

what do you mean "call out"? the hell do you think you're going to do, get all of the raw lifters and shirted lifters to have a big showdown?

hey, that's a great idea. let's try it this way: the shirted lifters all max out raw, and the raw lifters all max out in the shirts. do you think the raw lifters will be able to bench as much as the shirted lifters? i mean, if the shirt guys are all cheaters, that means all you need to do is thrown on a shirt and bench a half ton, right? right?  ::)

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2006, 03:03:11 PM »
Call out means just what it says... Everytime you have the oppoutunity to do an interview, call out these fools on their phony lifts. Generate some publicity. These shirt lifts are as phony as synthol.
TEAM REPTILIAN

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2006, 03:27:20 PM »
I've heard that Rylachk (sp) can't even lower the bar to his chest UNLESS it holds 600 pounds, hahhaa...what a joke.  RAW...go back to raw benching and we will all realise that the raw bench hasn't moved too much since KAZ did in the 600's 25 or more years ago.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2006, 03:32:40 PM »

Absoultely!

MassInMass

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2006, 04:02:49 PM »
Funny how on the third "rep", he actually comes close to a full range of motion and can't complete it...what a jerk-off session...there are so many clowns in my gym that do that same stupid shit...

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2006, 05:14:39 PM »
I've heard that Rylachk (sp) can't even lower the bar to his chest UNLESS it holds 600 pounds, hahhaa...what a joke.  RAW...go back to raw benching and we will all realise that the raw bench hasn't moved too much since KAZ did in the 600's 25 or more years ago.

Yep. These 700+ benchpresses don't mean anything when you wear a heavy duty suit with arms you can't even press down. It's comical.
TEAM REPTILIAN

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2006, 06:45:58 PM »

Just an FYI, that is Nick Winters and he is an incredible raw bencher.  He weighs well over 300 lbs (mid 300s to my recollection).  He ALSO benches equipped so for those who think the shirts are such a joke there you have a man that benches with a shirt and does so raw.  I interviewed Nick for PLUSA and the interview will appear in an upcoming issue.

Chris
w

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2006, 06:51:08 PM »
Does he have any videos of himself pushing monster weight in a t-shirt? Watching this, I doubt he could do 315 for 6.
TEAM REPTILIAN

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2006, 06:59:03 PM »
Just an FYI, that is Nick Winters and he is an incredible raw bencher.  He weighs well over 300 lbs (mid 300s to my recollection).  He ALSO benches equipped so for those who think the shirts are such a joke there you have a man that benches with a shirt and does so raw.  I interviewed Nick for PLUSA and the interview will appear in an upcoming issue.

Chris

The shirts are a joke.  That doesn't mean that the guys using them aren't strong and that some of them are amazing benchers.  It's like a high jumper using a track shoe with a spring sole.....They are ridiculous and should simply be banned.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2006, 07:42:16 PM »
It's amazing these clowns keep trying to defend their suits of armour. Really rediculous shite.
TEAM REPTILIAN

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2006, 08:43:56 PM »
  You could give me the tightest most expensive shirt on the market....and I still could not come close to benching over 500 pounds.  I don't know much about them,but aren't the bench shirts good for safety also? What I mean is,doesn't that help against injury having the muscles all pulled together tightly or whatever? Like extra support? Just a thought.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2006, 08:50:44 PM »
" You could give me the tightest most expensive shirt on the market....and I still could not come close to benching over 500 pounds."
----------------------

Yes you could. If you can bench a clean 315, within 6-8 weeks of training and using a shirt, you would bench 475-525.
a

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2006, 08:54:08 PM »
I'm waiting for someone to invent a shirt that is about 2" thick in the chest area and under it is a spring that is compressed and when touched it will expand and help push the bar.  Why not?

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2006, 09:00:05 PM »
  I used to work with a guy who was like 54 or something.He wasn't that big,about 220 lbs. and maybe 5'7. He competed in powerlifting. His best bench with a shirt was only about 425.I forget what his total was I am thinking he deadlifted somewhere around 675-700 and squated close to that.I might be wrong it has been a few years....But he never benched without a shirt,because he said his competition used them so why train without one. The hillarious thing about him was this; We worked in a factory,and everyone knew he was a powerlifter,but he had a doctors statement restricting him to pick up no more than 10 lbs... hahahahaha he always was on easy jobs and the foremans absolutely could not stand that.  ;D There was nothing they could do because he had a legit doctor's statement. When they confronted him about it his response was that power lifting was brief and he could do that,but he could not do anything "heavy" for the full 10 hour shift. hahaha what a bunch of shit.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2006, 09:15:12 PM »

hey, you know mendy? scot mendelson? guy with the world record raw bench press? well, when he uses his shirt, he needs over 1000 pounds to touch his chest.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2006, 09:18:32 PM »
hey, you know mendy? scot mendelson? guy with the world record raw bench press? well, when he uses his shirt, he needs over 1000 pounds to touch his chest.

Wow that is insane.Are the shirts just that ungodly tight? I seen a guy putting one on at the gym once and it was quite comical...looked like a wrestling match.

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2006, 09:21:15 PM »
That's just pityful.  I wouldn't even look at any of those guys if they were training at my gym.  They want you to look at them...it feeds their ego/warped mindset that they are something special or something one should desire to immulate.

In reality, those guys are flat out delusional and are an embarassment to the entire fitness/bodybuilding community.  Pathetic.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2006, 10:44:24 PM »
Wow that is insane.Are the shirts just that ungodly tight? I seen a guy putting one on at the gym once and it was quite comical...looked like a wrestling match.

i have a rage-x that i have yet to test out, used to have a denim, and that's pretty much it. the material is thick as hell and they're retardedly tight. a lot of the time it's a multi-man effort, depending on the type.

the part people forget is that equipped powerlifting is a sport all by itself. it's a separate sport, with an entirely separate type of training. it's like comparing football and rugby. the nfl lineman would shatter to pieces if they weren't covered in those pads a la rugby, but that's how the game works.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2006, 10:53:57 PM »
The shirts exists for one reason:

To put money in the pockets of John Inzer.

He's the man who started out all the shit in the late 80's. Originally, the shirts were made to support the shoulders, preventing injuries. ::)

For many years, into the 21st century, this clown had a monopoly on benchpress shirts with the major organisation, the IPF. Meaning he could put out the notoriously shitty EHPHD shirt, who would break at the first lift for many lifters.

Then finally, Titan was allowed in, as well as Metal, and now we at least have durable shirts.

In several of the more lenient feds, different brands have been allowed for many years, but the major ones have been stuck with the fcuking Inzer until a few years ago.

There is going to be a throwback in the IPF in a year, with shirts having more stretch. Either you will never see a new world record in the IPF, or you will see new weight classes.

My guess is the latter, and removal of quite a few of the lighter classes, emulating the weightlifting in some ways.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise