Author Topic: BoB Sapp....K-1  (Read 4785 times)

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
Re: BoB Sapp....K-1
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 04:54:50 AM »
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=1175426614
Sapp is a big strong guy, not much of a fighter though. I wonder if he had real fighter training what could he do?
S

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 05:25:57 AM »
Back in Nov 99' I saw him fight Refrigerator Perry in a boxing match on some crazy network. The Fridge didnt really care but it was obvious after a few punches he was a superior athlete to Sapp even though he was in awfull condition. Sapp ended up winning in about 2 rounds over a unmotivated Fridge.....the Fridge took his check and bounced.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 05:30:50 AM »
lol, a while ago there was a thread showing a video of him getting is ass kicked up and down.

The technically trained fighters dismantle him everytime. Sometimes you feel bad for him when you him against someone that is formally trained, he gets his ass kicked proper.
Here comes the money shot

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 05:44:42 AM »
sapps mma record is 8-2-1 and in k-1 he's won over mr perfect twice
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 05:56:13 AM »
" DH: Do you know what your current body fat percentage is?

BS: It fluctuates between 11 and 13 percent when I am in fighting condition. "

refreshing with someone that doesnt claim to be 5% bf!

Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 05:57:20 AM »
Z

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 06:33:37 AM »
Everyone is dissing on Sapp, but numbers can't lie... It remindds me that technique for itself may not do the trick...
S

Tokyo Joe

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 07:04:44 AM »
Sapp is a big strong guy, not much of a fighter though. I wonder if he had real fighter training what could he do?

Um.......he trains with Fujita, Greco and other top MMA fighters every week..every day when he has an upcoming fight.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2006, 11:57:23 AM »

The sad thing is he has been training from the beginning.  AMC (Matt Humes) and Mo Smith have been working with him for YEARS and we still see little or no improvements.  Like it has been previously mentioned, when a 365 lb monster who is an athlete fights a 225 lb Japanese fighter technique makes no difference.  When he fights a Fujita, CC, Big Nog, Sapp loses.  His two wins in K1 against Ernesto Hoost were dubious at best.  (first one was the most legit one)  He is to busy making money to train hard. 

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2006, 11:58:20 AM »
cc nog etc are at the top of the ladder. no amount of training can help against that.
Z

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2006, 12:00:06 PM »
Barnett trains with Hume, and I could hear screaming when he got the kneebar on Big Nog. 

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2006, 12:02:14 PM »

shit, who's king kong is this?
Get Big, or Die Trying

WillRiker

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2006, 12:15:20 PM »
lol, a while ago there was a thread showing a video of him getting is ass kicked up and down.

The technically trained fighters dismantle him everytime. Sometimes you feel bad for him when you him against someone that is formally trained, he gets his ass kicked proper.

Sapp's fighting may not look good but he sure kick the hell out of the most of the 'trained' fighters.

In real street fighting (no rules) he would destroy about anyone with that size and strength. Imagine being tossed around and kicked around by that king kong...

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2006, 12:19:13 PM »
Sapp's fighting may not look good but he sure kick the hell out of the most of the 'trained' fighters.

In real street fighting (no rules) he would destroy about anyone with that size and strength. Imagine being tossed around and kicked around by that king kong...

Sapp is a crybaby when he get his ass handed to him!  ;D

sandycoosworth

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2006, 12:28:02 PM »

exactly

his skills will never match his size, but the boy has been paying attention and made improvements in his game

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2006, 12:28:24 PM »
Sapp vs. Kimbo Slice?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2006, 12:52:23 PM »
Sapp vs. Kimbo Slice?

He would kill Kimbo.  Sapp is a huge fucer and that strength and height and reach all play important parts.  I think he too is a cry baby when he is hit. I don't like his chin.  But when he is coming at you pissed and swinging if just one hits you you will fell it.  Physically he is awesome.  Just need some more skills

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2006, 01:06:28 PM »
How did I know that when I clicked this thread some MMA novice douche bag would be mentioning Kimbo Slice. The guy would get dismantled by any decent fighter in his weight class.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2006, 03:07:38 PM »
Sean "The Cannon" Gannon killed the myth of Kimbo except for the exteme YOUTUBE fan boys. 

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2006, 03:22:20 PM »
He would kill Kimbo.  Sapp is a huge fucer and that strength and height and reach all play important parts.  I think he too is a cry baby when he is hit. I don't like his chin.  But when he is coming at you pissed and swinging if just one hits you you will fell it.  Physically he is awesome.  Just need some more skills

Watch Sapp against CroCop, CC is only 225 and he made Sapp CRY. Not figuratively speaking, he literally was on the ground  crying (with a shattered eye socket)

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2006, 03:27:44 PM »
How did I know that when I clicked this thread some MMA novice douche bag would be mentioning Kimbo Slice. The guy would get dismantled by any decent fighter in his weight class.

are you saying that even a douchebag like gannon with a superb ufc record of 0-2 would dismantle kimbo?

oh wait, he did.

and come on, crocop kills anyone, much less sapp.  not the same league.

berzerk fury, are you also trying to claim that craig titus, in fact, could NOT beat phil baroni?
Deep Tissue Massage

Bast175

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2006, 03:29:49 PM »

yea he looks 11 there.  Most people think that's 5%.

Dorian01

• Getbig IV
  • Coach loves the sticky studs
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2006, 04:27:50 PM »
The sad thing is he has been training from the beginning.  AMC (Matt Humes) and Mo Smith have been working with him for YEARS and we still see little or no improvements.  Like it has been previously mentioned, when a 365 lb monster who is an athlete fights a 225 lb Japanese fighter technique makes no difference.  When he fights a Fujita, CC, Big Nog, Sapp loses.  His two wins in K1 against Ernesto Hoost were dubious at best.  (first one was the most legit one)  He is to busy making money to train hard. 
Bas Rutten has mentioned training him some, but Sapp is huge in Japan so he had barely a few hours a week to train. They have Bob Sapp dildos over there!

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2006, 08:32:32 PM »
Bas Rutten has mentioned training him some, but Sapp is huge in Japan so he had barely a few hours a week to train. They have Bob Sapp dildos over there!

The Fujita fight showed how little he has come.  He got mauled.  He is a stud athlete who better get his stuff in gear otherwise his fifteen minutes of fame may be over.  BTW, his video "Sapp time" is hilarious.