Author Topic: Can C. Titus actually receive the Death P.?  (Read 2331 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Can C. Titus actually receive the Death P.?
« on: December 20, 2006, 05:27:35 PM »
I'm not to informed with the legal matters of the C.T Case, in the state he may have committed the crime, does this state have the Death P.?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Re: Can C. Titus actually receive the Death P.?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 05:32:18 PM »
Yes, but the DA has already announced the state will not ask for the death penalty. He can still get life without parole, which is even worse, IMO.
a

bigben280

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 05:35:57 PM »
no he wont, it will not be first degree murder by any means, he did not have this "pre-planned or anything like that.  My thought he will only do 10-15 for manslaughter (since their was drugs in the body), but i think the autopsies will show that she had meth (and whatever in her system) and if that is the only reason that they find that caused her murder --then they are only guily of "after: the fact--which I personally think Titus get 10 (do 5,then 10 years on probation.) "the most" and Kelly will do 1 year in lockup- 10 years probation.
just my 2cc's.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 05:38:39 PM »
no he wont, it will not be first degree murder by any means, he did not have this "pre-planned or anything like that.  My thought he will only do 10-15 for manslaughter (since their was drugs in the body), but i think the autopsies will show that she had meth (and whatever in her system) and if that is the only reason that they find that caused her murder --then they are only guily of "after: the fact--which I personally think Titus get 10 (do 5,then 10 years on probation.) "the most" and Kelly will do 1 year in lockup- 10 years probation.
just my 2cc's.

You are the CO roight?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 05:41:34 PM »
Some Nevada death penalty info:

Nevada
Q: Does my state have the death penalty?
A: Yes, Nevada has executed a total of 11 people since 1976.

Q: What is my governor's position on the death penalty?
A: Governor Kenny Guinn (R) supports the death penalty

Q: How many people are on Death Row in my state?
A: There are currently 84 prisoners on Death Row in Nevada. Of the 84 Death Row prisoners, 33 are black, 42 are white, 8 are Latino, and 1 is Asian.

Q: Is there anything like the Center on Wrongful Convictions in my state?
A: Rocky Mountain Innocence Center
358 South 700 East, B235
Salt Lake City, UT 84102
(801) 581-4661

Q: Was anyone on Death Row ever found innocent in my state?
A: One innocent person was exonerated on Death Row in Nevada. Roberto Miranda was released in 1996 after serving 14 years.

a

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 05:43:02 PM »
This is crazy jealous drugged out chick kind of stuff, if you know what I mean (KR).  CT got the girl a hotel room.  Don't think he did the deed.
Most are all show no go!

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 05:43:35 PM »

Q: Was anyone on Death Row ever found innocent in my state?
A: One innocent person was exonerated on Death Row in Nevada. Roberto Miranda was released in 1996 after serving 14 years.

14 fugging years that alone is reason enough to get rid of Death Row all together... it works in Europe, it should also work in the States... one day...maybe.

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 06:14:25 PM »
14 fugging years that alone is reason enough to get rid of Death Row all together... it works in Europe, it should also work in the States... one day...maybe.

Can you imagine what it would be like to spend 14 years on death row knowing the whole time that you are innocent. Good thing they have DNA testing now.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 06:23:19 PM »
Yes, but the DA has already announced the state will not ask for the death penalty. He can still get life without parole, which is even worse, IMO.

I don't think that you fully understood what you just said
Here comes the money shot

AlliedPowers

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 06:25:07 PM »
I don't think that you fully understood what you just said

Dying of cancer in a cage would suck.  Why not die with a nice potassium buzz?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 06:32:06 PM »
just my 2cc's.

Actually the prosecution would have a very good case in proving that this was planned. You've got Craigs admission (if you believe it) that they found that she was stealing from them,Craig admitting to an alledged affair, you've got Kelly going to the store to purchase lighter fluid, you've got the testimony of friends that Craig and Kelly spilled the beans too...the cover up, the cross country pusuit, the alledged planning to tak out the witnesss by way of hiring a hitman....

Don't be too sure the pros. wont seek the death penalty...much will change before the trial date.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2006, 06:53:03 PM »
Dying of cancer in a cage would suck.  Why not die with a nice potassium buzz?

Dying of cancer anywhere would suck. So why not commit suicide now on the chance that you might get it?
Here comes the money shot

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2006, 07:38:19 PM »
Can you imagine what it would be like to spend 14 years on death row knowing the whole time that you are innocent. Good thing they have DNA testing now.
Yeah, there are a lot of innocent people in jail.  Barry Sheck (sp) has something called the innocence project and gets many people exonerated after many, too many years in jail.  One guy from Brooklyn got released 2 months ago after 16 years in jail....No easy jail either, it was a ny state prison.  The guy was sending letters to the da or someone for 16 years to please look closer into my case....she refused to and 16 years later he is released.  Too many other stories like this one.  As a potential juror, I would DEFINITLY rather see a guilty guy on the street than a innocent person in jail...even for a day, it just aint right.  Too many people get convicted with really no evidence.  Eye witness accounts are the WORST and very un reliable.  I read stories of teachers with impeccable records getting charged with crimes against children.  Obviously these crimes are among the worst, but we take the word of a child, that may have a vandetta against a person, and is probably too naive to understand the ramifications of their accusations then ruin some peoples lives, jobs, marriage and most of all reputation only later to be found innocent of the accusations.  If the crimes are being committed it shouldn't be too difficult to get some legit evidence.  I don't know, excuse the rant but the topic of innocent people in jail get me fired up.  Although it seemed ok in the video if it happened to a terrorist in guantanamo it would be front page news, like others have said.       

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2006, 07:43:14 PM »
Yeah, there are a lot of innocent people in jail.  Barry Sheck (sp) has something called the innocence project and gets many people exonerated after many, too many years in jail.  One guy from Brooklyn got released 2 months ago after 16 years in jail....No easy jail either, it was a ny state prison.  The guy was sending letters to the da or someone for 16 years to please look closer into my case....she refused to and 16 years later he is released.  Too many other stories like this one.  As a potential juror, I would DEFINITLY rather see a guilty guy on the street than a innocent person in jail...even for a day, it just aint right.  Too many people get convicted with really no evidence.  Eye witness accounts are the WORST and very un reliable.  I read stories of teachers with impeccable records getting charged with crimes against children.  Obviously these crimes are among the worst, but we take the word of a child, that may have a vandetta against a person, and is probably too naive to understand the ramifications of their accusations then ruin some peoples lives, jobs, marriage and most of all reputation only later to be found innocent of the accusations.  If the crimes are being committed it shouldn't be too difficult to get some legit evidence.  I don't know, excuse the rant but the topic of innocent people in jail get me fired up.  Although it seemed ok in the video if it happened to a terrorist in guantanamo it would be front page news, like others have said.      

With so much at stakes (lifetimes of incarceration), I think they should put a lot more resources into polygraphing.  If the accused agreed - and this would be voluntary - to take a shot of truth serum (morphine and other work fune), then to take a series of lie detector exams about the crime, it would just make sense.  The DA should LOVE the idea... he/she would immediately know if the person was guilty or not.  And the innocent would love it... shit, gimme that test on day 1, and let me go home! 

Weird they stick with witness testimony, so easily manipulated, over the clear words of the accused.

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2006, 08:46:48 PM »
Too bad bodybuilding isn't a sport, otherwise Craig might be a celebrity then and get out of being convicted. Man, it's be interesting if we could blame his death on Ben Weider's exaggerated mainstream wet dreams.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2006, 07:34:16 AM »
Actually the prosecution would have a very good case in proving that this was planned. You've got Craigs admission (if you believe it) that they found that she was stealing from them,Craig admitting to an alledged affair, you've got Kelly going to the store to purchase lighter fluid, you've got the testimony of friends that Craig and Kelly spilled the beans too...the cover up, the cross country pusuit, the alledged planning to tak out the witnesss by way of hiring a hitman....

Don't be too sure the pros. wont seek the death penalty...much will change before the trial date.

Stick with bodybuilding.  No way that will happen.  They can't even prove how she died.
Most are all show no go!

OneBigMan

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2006, 11:56:43 AM »
It is very awkward that we have to continue talking about this situation since one IFBB pro appeared on courttv to discuss the case :(

It is still somewhat hard to believe I accidently first saw the story in one of the supermarket tabloids and no one called me up and told me about the situation.

In a seemingly odd and twisted way, this story would have been interesting to me had it happened before this post 9/11 society started. Who would've thought after seeing guess who on VH1 helping a rock star get a complete makeover by doing some personal training sessions that we would be here talking about what happened and what has given this industry some more unnecessary negative news and more blood stains ??? :-[

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2006, 12:51:51 PM »
if titus was as famous a OJ he could get out of this
irongearco.com

bigben280

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2006, 04:40:32 PM »
good point Chick, but i just dont think he will get the death penalty--I dont see it happening.