Author Topic: Embarassing Gym moments  (Read 4538 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Embarassing Gym moments
« on: December 21, 2006, 12:34:50 PM »
I was at a "Y" a couple years back and some dude asked me for a spot.  I was not feeling too good that day but still decided to help.  He was a skinny dude and had about 200 on the bar.  He was going great for 3 reps then BAM he just ran out of gas.  Standing right over his head I had to use all my strength to rack it because he was spent.  As I strained to pull it up I let a fart rip right in this guys face, it was a sick eggy smelling one.  It was truly an accident.  Once I racked it the guy looked at me with a disgusted look and walked off and I was just standing there laughing my ass off.  Way too funny.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Re: Embarassing Gym moments
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 12:37:29 PM »
I was at a "Y" a couple years back and some dude asked me for a spot.  I was not feeling too good that day but still decided to help.  He was a skinny dude and had about 200 on the bar.  He was going great for 3 reps then BAM he just ran out of gas.  Standing right over his head I had to use all my strength to rack it because he was spent.  As I strained to pull it up I let a fart rip right in this guys face, it was a sick eggy smelling one.  It was truly an accident.  Once I racked it the guy looked at me with a disgusted look and walked off and I was just standing there laughing my ass off.  Way too funny.
:-X you probably ruined his gym career forever.
bodybuildersreality.com

Mick33

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 12:39:12 PM »

Early morning a few years back, after a brutal leg workout, I was hobbling to the locker room. I spotted these two hotties going towards the tanning area. They looked my way and I started to give them the ol' pimp wink when I felt the uncontrollable urge of vomit racing into my mouth. I dove towards the garbage can an hurled. Stood up, noticed their revolted faces, and walked away laughing to myself. Nonetheless, embarassing situation. :-X

pinchharmonic

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 03:57:02 PM »
some idiot at a 24 hour fitness was doing pullups and somehow managed to just fall on the ground landing on his ass. i guess he was pulling too hard on the upward and lost grip.

if that wasn't enough, later on he was psyching himself up for a few mins to do a set of incline barbell presses. It looked like he was doing a 35 on each side, turns out, as my friend mentioned to me, that he had a 25 on the other side. so we pretty mcuh just waited anxiously to see what would happen. luckily for him, he unracked it and it started tilting wildly towards the heavier side at which point he nearly got off the seat to re-adjust it bringing it back up.

wish something more chaotic woulda happened.

Galvanized

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 12:10:57 AM »
One day as I was walking into the gym, I looked down to see a brown streak on the floor that curved in an approx. fifteen ft. long arc from the squat rack all the way out of the door!  I didn't see the offender, but a few friends of mine did.  They claim he was doing his set of squats, and on the way down, he EXPLODED on the scene!  Sadly for him, it was peak hours (and this is at the largest college in the nation  :'() and there were alot of hotties there.  He was never seen again (but his streaks were seen for about a week, because the stains had set in).  You had to watch your step!

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2006, 12:48:52 AM »
One day as I was walking into the gym, I looked down to see a brown streak on the floor that curved in an approx. fifteen ft. long arc from the squat rack all the way out of the door!  I didn't see the offender, but a few friends of mine did.  They claim he was doing his set of squats, and on the way down, he EXPLODED on the scene!  Sadly for him, it was peak hours (and this is at the largest college in the nation  :'() and there were alot of hotties there.  He was never seen again (but his streaks were seen for about a week, because the stains had set in).  You had to watch your step!

ohio state? UT?

drop set

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2006, 01:03:20 AM »
wow ! all your strength to rack 200

Alex23

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 01:11:28 AM »
luckily for him, he unracked it and it started tilting wildly towards the heavier side at which point he nearly got off the seat to re-adjust it bringing it back up.

Epic downgrade... 8) ... nice one pinchharmonic 8)

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2006, 01:49:47 AM »

Epic downgrade... 8) ... nice one pinchharmonic 8)
what a big snatch
i

Galvanized

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2006, 04:03:27 AM »
ohio state? UT?

Yeah, that story happened at J.O. South a few years ago.  GO BUCKS!

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2006, 04:07:07 AM »
Yeah, that story happened at J.O. South a few years ago.  GO BUCKS!

GO BUCKS!!! Finally, a fellow Buckeye on here!

I trained at JOS from June 05 to June 06. Thank God I wasn't there for that story, and at any rate, they put in all new stuff. And you're right about all the hotties there!

Galvanized

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2006, 04:37:27 AM »
haha, seriously!  And we're gonna embarrass Florida.  The whole SEC will be ashamed, lol.  No, it might be a good game, but Tress,Troy, Pitt, etc. will control the game as usual.  Anyways,  did you ever go workout at the RPAC?

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2006, 04:41:37 AM »
Been going there since July... It's really good, but not all it's cracked up to be.

I miss the JOS. It's the closest to a hardcore gym you will get on campus!

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2006, 04:41:54 AM »
some idiot at a 24 hour fitness was doing pullups and somehow managed to just fall on the ground landing on his ass. i guess he was pulling too hard on the upward and lost grip.

if that wasn't enough, later on he was psyching himself up for a few mins to do a set of incline barbell presses. It looked like he was doing a 35 on each side, turns out, as my friend mentioned to me, that he had a 25 on the other side. so we pretty mcuh just waited anxiously to see what would happen. luckily for him, he unracked it and it started tilting wildly towards the heavier side at which point he nearly got off the seat to re-adjust it bringing it back up.

Doctor, my friend is very sick. Could you please give me err i mean him some medicine....

;) ;D ;D ;D

Galvanized

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2006, 04:51:11 AM »
Been going there since July... It's really good, but not all it's cracked up to be.

I miss the JOS. It's the closest to a hardcore gym you will get on campus!

Surprisingly hardcore.  I used to be in there with the crew, just tearin it up.  I'll never forget some of those workouts...  But everyone left!  Now it's all the corny ass dudes, and less hot chicks. 

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2006, 01:49:38 PM »
Surprisingly hardcore.  I used to be in there with the crew, just tearin it up.  I'll never forget some of those workouts...  But everyone left!  Now it's all the corny ass dudes, and less hot chicks. 

Exactly which time period are you talking about?

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2006, 02:04:23 PM »

almost had an incident like that. after a set with 315, decided to drop to 275. went over and took a 45 off the left side and put a 25 on, then put a 25 on the right without taking a 45 off. just barely dodged disaster when i tried to unrack it myself and the one side didn't budge. could have had a serious problemo there.  :-X

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2006, 02:05:58 PM »
almost had an incident like that. after a set with 315, decided to drop to 275. went over and took a 45 off the left side and put a 25 on, then put a 25 on the right without taking a 45 off. just barely dodged disaster when i tried to unrack it myself and the one side didn't budge. could have had a serious problemo there.  :-X

My clown of a lifting partner did that to me one time. Almost smacked him right in the face with the extra 45.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2006, 02:24:32 PM »
Walked up to a lady asking her if she needs a spot, she replies with this deep man like voice: Thanks sugar... I keept on walking

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2006, 03:39:10 PM »
When i was just about a year into serious training, back in '03, i was rackin the leg press, coming off 2 first sets, feeling a little woozy and out of breath and without properly chekin that the 45 was on the leg press sled, it bobbled at the edge of the bar and fell off right on to my toe. (from like 3 feet high) I smashed my big toe and cracked the nail and it was messy. Funny thing was i kept goin, finished leg press, and squats, and then, and only then, i decided "lemme check what that hot feeing is in my shoe." and sure enough my sock was half red. i tied my gym towel round it and stopped the bleeding. Hairline fracture. What was embarassing was that i left a little blood trail in the gym i guess. Hey atleast i kept going.haha. :D

I got pissed after 5 days and started training legs again even though it wasnt healed...hahaha im a psycho ;D

Galvanized

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2006, 06:59:49 AM »
Exactly which time period are you talking about?

I'm talking between '01 and '04.  We may know at least a few of the same people.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2006, 07:08:45 AM »

Hahahaha.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2006, 08:08:01 AM »
I'm talking between '01 and '04.  We may know at least a few of the same people.

Possibly, but I wasn't around then... PM me if u like...

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2006, 10:29:33 AM »

lol shit!
i know people that fuck around with their buddies and they change the weights on purpose while they go for a drink of water. They come back and its 20 pounds heavier on one side...not cool if u rip a pec or quad...i'd beat the guy with an e-z bar