Author Topic: Well, I finally figured out how those guys in the 19th century got so ripped....  (Read 10279 times)

Galvanized

• Getbig II
I agree with the race issue, but fat and stupid people are not as much people as everyone else.  ;D ;D

HAHA! 

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
Was watching the history channel on 19th century patent medicine for 4 hours.  After watching it, I simply put two and two together and figured it all out.  Fact is that you could problably get shredded easier then than you could today.  The Pure Food act wasn't enacted until 1906 so the manufacturers could get away with putting anything they wanted in the potion and didn't even have to list the ingredients

Basically, For weight loss and energy from tiredness, the ingredient of that day was cocaine.  It was practically used for everything at the time, cocaine mouth drops, cocaine toothpaste, straight cocaine powder.  Heck, they could grab a Coca-Cola and have an 8 pack in no time.  Weightlifters in that time would take a sniff before they did their performance.  Also a lot of the pain medicine back in the day contained 15% morphine!!!

What's my point.  Is there really such a thing as natural???  Just because it was a long time ago doesn't mean they were helpless.  And they did have steroids too but I'll get to that another day

his point was about the supposed idea that everyone was natural and pure back then, which is a joke in itself. people have never been pure/natural as much as we like to think we were/are.

god, i wish the self righteous hypocrites never found out about cocaine and morphine. good days back then.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Vince, maybe they were ripped because they lowered the amount of food they ate.  You should try it next time you 'compete' so you are actually competitive.

I'm sure you won't take that advice because you believe you are 220lbs at 3% body fat,  i.e. you're a delusional jackoff.

Thanks for the advice.  Unfortunately, I can't offer any for your legs..... :'(
A

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com

Thanks for the advice.  Unfortunately, I can't offer any for your legs..... :'(

Vince, bast has good legs...he just believes that training calves is a sin against god. And as such won't partake in a activity that might even remotely engage the calf muscles.

why can't you be more understand of his religion?
Here comes the money shot

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Vince, bast has good legs...he just believes that training calves is a sin against god. And as such won't partake in a activity that might even remotely engage the calf muscles.

why can't you be more understand of his religion?

Don't know.  Maybe because I do train my legs and they show.  Bast is simply too lazy to train legs like a lot of people. 

My main point to this is that all of this stuff about "the good old natural days of bodybuilding" is bullcrap.  You could get away with a lot more stuff back then.  Heck you could order morphine out of a Sear's Catalog along with a hypodermic needle!! 

Unfortunately, all of this stuff is also the main cause as to why so many people didn't live too long in that short era.  Drug Overdoses and of course heart failure from all of that cocaine use.
A

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163

Don't know.  Maybe because I do train my legs and they show. 

hahaahahaaaaaaaaaaa,

i haven't noticed that!

both are lies.  ;D ;D

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
VINCE you are wrong! the real reason is worms.!! ALL fatties have to be fed worms that eat their food inside of their fat tummies.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
worms+cocaine+meth+high protein diet+lots of vitamins and minerals

DK II

• Getbig V
worms+cocaine+meth+high protein diet+lots of vitamins and minerals

Don't forget loads of alcohol to get really ripped.  ::)

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
na not alcohol too much calories

DK II

• Getbig V
na not alcohol too much calories

You're wrong. Ask daddywaddy. You have to turn something negative into something positive by worshipping the sheep godess behind the barn 4 hours a day. Then all the bad calories will be gone to hell.  ::) ::)

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
maybe his injecting himself with semen from a horse

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women

Don't know.  Maybe because I do train my legs and they show.  Bast is simply too lazy to train legs like a lot of people. 

My main point to this is that all of this stuff about "the good old natural days of bodybuilding" is bullcrap.  You could get away with a lot more stuff back then.  Heck you could order morphine out of a Sear's Catalog along with a hypodermic needle!! 

Unfortunately, all of this stuff is also the main cause as to why so many people didn't live too long in that short era.  Drug Overdoses and of course heart failure from all of that cocaine use.

You would place LAST in Mr.Getbig.

You look like a bitch.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

Jujoshu

• Getbig III
  • Front Row Tickets
One of the dumbest ideas people promote to condone drug use is that if it "grows in nature" it's okay. As if there is some kind of idyllic fantasy land where anything that grows in nature is pure, untainted, refreshing an oh so good for us. Let me put it this way. There are literally hundreds of plants that grow in nature that will cause vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, coma or death if consumed by humans. Think about that the next time some moron claims doing such and such has great health benefits.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
it's getting better every day with you.

So which is better, alcohol or cocaine?

You should give heroin a shot.  :-[
I was think the same thing. And after heroin he should give a chance to LSD, to train for a week non-stop ;)
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Vince I truly believe that you have no idea what ripped is.  I don't need to post the pictures but I personally contend that you have not a single clue what you're talking about regarding this subject.

Vince is a seasoned competitor, rocket.  He used gear back in the day.  I'm quite sure he knows about being ripped.  Vince, show this guy a pic of you back when you were 'on swole'.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board

Don't know.  Maybe because I do train my legs and they show. 

Best wheels ever ::)  How come all the crack heads arn't walking around with six pacs?

I think you've been testing your methods for too long on yourself.  The shit's got to your brain.

The History Chanel is on Cable.   Cable cost $  Don't lie.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..

hahahahaha  two dildos with a combine I.Q of 28.....the way you scroll across the screen, Wow

and care to go for three,    why not ....lets play

lol
just push some weight!

D-Jay

• Getbig II
Best wheels ever ::)  How come all the crack heads arn't walking around with six pacs?

I think you've been testing your methods for too long on yourself.  The shit's got to your brain.

The History Chanel is on Cable.   Cable cost $  Don't lie.

C'mon.....Iggy Pop has a six pack.  No flame Buff....

But seriously...did any of you ever see how cocaine is made? http://poststuffx.entensity.net/121506/media.php?media=coke.wmv

It is anything but natural!

RJB

• Getbig II
  • Everyone on the internets is rich.
Actually, they couldn't afford food. That's why they were ripped.
Ronnie looked like doodoo

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
The strongmen of the 19th and earlier 20th century were leaner also because of the day jobs they performed.

Being a logger, stevedore, blacksmith, foundry worker, etc.... is far more work than an average man today would see.

Also it depends on how one defines ripped, some of the smaller strongmen were very lean. But once you jump in the 200lbs plus range, many were just average or rather porky.

Bast175

my squads actually have some separation, yours have none Vince.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
my squads actually have some separation, yours have none Vince.

lol its like comparing grapes and raisins!
just push some weight!

Bast175

Alexxx I tore ligaments in my knee.  My quads will surpass yours very soon. 

I'll post pics in 6 weeks just for you.

;)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Alexxx I tore ligaments in my knee.  My quads will surpass yours very soon. 

I'll post pics in 6 weeks just for you.

;)

Yes I heard that lame excuse about a year ago. Its 2007 get with the program you skinny little dwarf!
just push some weight!