Author Topic: Abuse could push Katrina costs to $2 billion  (Read 1242 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Abuse could push Katrina costs to $2 billion
« on: December 25, 2006, 01:19:47 PM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15587326/

True conservatives (i.e not neo-con ideologues) should be all over this shit.  This really is your money being wasted.  Look for the "no-bid" contracts in Iraq and post Katrina to be a really ugly story next year. 

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Re: Abuse could push Katrina costs to $2 billion
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 05:18:08 PM »

Then iraq came along, as an opportunity to siphon US taxpayer dollars to fix their country, instead of fixing our own.  That's really the crux of this, isn't it?  Hundreds of bililions of US dollars spent in Iraq... those dollars belong to Americans and should be spent on Americans.  Not Iraqis.

amen.. but all you'll hear on the other side is that they're keep our country safe.  ::)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Re: Abuse could push Katrina costs to $2 billion
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 05:55:25 PM »
I don't see how sunnis and shiites shooting each other is going to make the streets of NYC any less safe.  If anything, the men we bring home can hold up rifles at airports or work as sky marshalls. 

And if some group does move in and set up shop with nefarious purposes, the nearby US bases (ya know, for the oil we're managing) will prompty cook the SOBs.

Try communating that to them and they'll fight back with the same flawed arguements that have been proven to not only be faulty, but also dangerous in the long-run health of the US. Trillions spent on a war that's going nowhere can't be a good thing, and neither can creating more world wide contempt towards America. Arond the 90's, the US was probably the most beloved country in the world, people spoke very highly of this country and Clinton. People around the world have now shifted their opinions and I can't say I blame them.