Author Topic: Ronnie Coleman - Racism quote 'one white man's opinion'  (Read 64917 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: You just heard the racism straight from Ronnie's mouth!!
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2007, 05:42:49 PM »

You wouldn't??

So it would be perfectly okay for Jay to say the same thing about "one negro's opinion", right?

(hint- given your premise, if you say "no", you're even more of a racist than Ronnie.)

it's not the same thing.
Z

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2007, 05:43:51 PM »
I think Ronnie was jsut trying to say he has superior genetics for bodybuilding.
follow the arrows

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2007, 05:44:08 PM »
yeah, I guess since Ronnie is black then its ok  ::)

i wouldnt say its ok, but its not the same thing. clearly in the us there's a race issue which doesnt exist in europe for example. i guess you have a lot of history to fix.
Z

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2007, 05:44:47 PM »
i wouldnt say its ok, but its not the same thing. clearly in the us there's a race issue which doesnt exist in europe for example. i guess you have a lot of history to fix.

Can you bash other races in Europe?
E

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
  • Sergio can split the atom. With his bare hands.
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2007, 05:45:18 PM »
what would black people say if Jay said, "Ronnie's opinion is just one black man's opinion"

If Bodybuilding were mainstream, Ronnie would be in lots of trouble now, Michael Richards type trouble. Sucked in, you didn't break King Haney's record you racist turd, I'm glad Jay won now.

SERGIO!!!!
Ugh, my retirement grease

JimmyTheFish

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2007, 05:45:33 PM »
Rob,

If Jay said..."yea...well thats just an opinion comming from a BLACK GUY" he'd have mutha fkn Jesse Jackson flying out to vegas with the Rainbow PUSH coalition to demonstrate in front of Golds-Vegas on West Flamingo Dr.

He'd have Al Sharpton on the O'reily Factor talking about it...

He'd be fined, punished, and reprimanded. It would be a great big fkn 'scandal'.

Your darn tootin...if Jay said it he'd be f-cked!

WORD B!!!!!!

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2007, 05:45:52 PM »
being white is what helped ronald win 8 O's in a row.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2007, 05:47:48 PM »
Can you bash other races in Europe?

sure there's a lot of racism in europe, but it's not the black/white situation that exist in the us, blacks is just a minority like any other. there's no slave history or debate like that.
if you mean you "can" as in legally can, there's laws against it in a lot of european countries, far tougher than in the us.
Z

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2007, 05:51:14 PM »
sure there's a lot of racism in europe, but it's not the black/white situation that exist in the us, blacks is just a minority like any other. there's no slave history or debate like that.
if you mean you "can" as in legally can, there's laws against it in a lot of european countries, far tougher than in the us.

You guys are meaner to black sports stars, like in soccer. I saw it on HBO. You guys throw them bananas.
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2007, 05:54:27 PM »

You guys are meaner to black sports stars, like in soccer. I saw it on HBO. You guys throw them bananas.

yup that's part of the audience subculture at soccergames. lot of rivalry between teams and fans, violence etc especially in some countries where part of the crowds are facists and nazis.
ive been to games where they trowed in darts and pool balls etc  ;)
Z

Beth Chapman

• Getbig II
  • RIP B.K.
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2007, 05:57:01 PM »
Seems like the governing body of the sport would have to fine a man for saying something racist in that fashion. 

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2007, 05:58:18 PM »
What if Jay said that Ron's opinion was just one black man's ?  >:(
L

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2007, 06:09:20 PM »
What if Jay said that Ron's opinion was just one black man's ?  >:(

ronnie as a black man apparantely in some way still see blacks from an underdog perspective, and historically they are. where as jay being white isn't. so it's not the same thing. in this particular case it doesnt make sense to bring it up though, but apparantely he makes some kinda difference between white and black men. but then that's the impression i get that a lot of black and white people do in the us (tv shows  with blacks, for blacks, still being an issue if white men marry black women or vice versa and so on)
Z

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2007, 06:12:28 PM »
Surely if Ronnie was going to play the race card, he would have done so 10 years ago.  What's with the constant reference to his opponents' skin colour now, 8 Sandows later?
Thread Killer

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2007, 06:14:51 PM »
ronnie as a black man apparantely in some way still see blacks from an underdog perspective, and historically they are. where as jay being white isn't. so it's not the same thing. in this particular case it doesnt make sense to bring it up though, but apparantely he makes some kinda difference between white and black men. but then that's the impression i get that a lot of black and white people do in the us (tv shows  with blacks, for blacks, still being an issue if white men marry black women or vice versa and so on)

That's assuming he accepts himself as an inferior, or an underdog as you describe. This type of infeririorty complex is founded only in a person's brain and society cant be put to fault for this.... otherwise, we're almsot accepting black's as inferiors. So it really works ass backwards in that respect IMO.

There should be zero tolerance for racism, whether it be from black people OR white. It's only worse for black people for this type of behavior to be accepted by society.
follow the arrows

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2007, 06:15:27 PM »
Surely if Ronnie was going to play the race card, he would have done so 10 years ago.  What's with the constant reference to his opponents' skin colour now, 8 Sandows later?

i dont think that's what he was doing. surely he cant possibly believe jay won because he was white, that would be more than stupid to say considering the only two people on the planet with 8 sandows are both black  :D
Z

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2007, 06:21:50 PM »
i dont think that's what he was doing. surely he cant possibly believe jay won because he was white, that would be more than stupid to say considering the only two people on the planet with 8 sandows are both black  :D

Maybe he thinks Haney was more 'Mocha' ;D
Thread Killer

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2007, 06:35:21 PM »
As long as he doesn't call Samir a 'Dune Coon', and Dickersen a 'Butt Pirate', I say we give ol' Coleman a break.
a

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2007, 06:36:34 PM »
This is completely outrageous and inappropriate behaviour for a pro bodybuilder--------------------------------------------------------------Is this the kind of man Ronnie is?----he has to demean himself to racist remarks!!

Ronnie have some honor and stop being such a graceless and sore loser.

Did Jay ever make any remarks anywhere near this degree of disrespect when he took 2nd place time after time to Ronnie----------I think not----because Jay is a true professional and ambassador for pro BB.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2007, 06:38:00 PM »
jay cutler did say that he thought time was catching up with him etc i dont think ronnie like to hear that
Z

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2007, 06:39:33 PM »
jay cutler did say that he thought time was catching up with him etc i dont think ronnie like to hear that

Well when u have a torn tricep and lat--------it's obvious time is catching up with Ronnie and his reign is over forever!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2007, 06:40:36 PM »
Well when u have a torn tricep and lat--------it's obvious time is catching up with Ronnie and his reign is over forever!

you seem to believe ronnie is human? why is that
Z

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2007, 06:58:29 PM »
it's all the white judges and white population in the sport this year who pushed jay in as the no 1 guy this year, in the olympia and shows after................... ....ronnie is still king, who cares what you fools think, he sure as hell doesnt!!!!!!!!!!!  Hell go to his town and he will throw your trailer trash asses in the slammer.

amoney86

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2007, 07:04:39 PM »
Freakin racist I knew it.

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2007, 07:11:58 PM »
least he called Jay a "white man" not a "white boy".
real men= no rubbers