Author Topic: ‘Testosterone Boosters’  (Read 3027 times)

Davo

• Getbig I
‘Testosterone Boosters’
« on: January 09, 2007, 05:24:00 AM »
1). Has anyone used Axis-HT?

2). What do you think of these so called ‘Testosterone Boosters’ do they benefit training in any way? 

Any advice appreciated

Davo

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
Re: ‘Testosterone Boosters’
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 08:04:36 AM »
1. No

2. I've used different tribulus products and found them not to be worth the cost.  Conversely, what I have found is that you can do so much more nutritionally to enhance testosterone production (and counter estrogen) that you are better served to focus your efforts in that area.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 12:22:15 PM »
1. No

2. I've used different tribulus products and found them not to be worth the cost.  Conversely, what I have found is that you can do so much more nutritionally to enhance testosterone production (and counter estrogen) that you are better served to focus your efforts in that area.

Tribulus is not that expensive. For example, I just bought a bootle of Ultimate Nutrition's Bulgarian Tribulus Terrestris, priced at $22.50. With the GNC Gold Card discount, the price dropped to $18.

I take it on the days I train, which is four times per week. So a bottle will last me for quite some time. Two caps give 1500 mg of Tribulus with at least 45% saponins. I can stretch that for 21/2 months.

You can try something that I've been doing for nearly a year: Combining Trib with ALC, NAC, and Vitamin C. That is:

- Two caps of Ultimate Nutrition Tribulus, 750 mg : a bottle costs $25 (or less, depending on discounts; again, I got it for $18).
- Two caps of GNC ALC w/alpha lipoic acid, 500 mg ALC, 200 mg ALA : a bottle costs $22 (which is cheaper than GNC ALC capsules at $35).
- Two caps of Vitamin C, 500 mg : any store brand will do, usually around $5-$7.
- One cap of GNC NAC, 600 mg : a bottle costs $13.

That's less than $70 for those four products (even less, if you get the GNC discount) and should last you for at least two months.

It is basically a duplication of MuscleTech's old (but good) product, Acetabolan II (minus the ZMA, which you can add, if you wish). This combo should give you 1500 mg Trib, 1000 mg ALC, 400 mg ALA, 600 mg NAC, and 1000 mg Vitamin C. I got the idea to do this from an old MuscleMag "special report" (issue 206), talking about Acetabolan and Acetabolan II. In addition, I used an article from FLEX (May 2005) magazine, courtesy of its "Beat the Ban" article.

Give it a try and see what you think.

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 01:03:56 PM »
1. No

care to share your stratgies diet wise on enhancing test  :)

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 01:39:59 PM »
care to share your stratgies diet wise on enhancing test  :)

Pretty basic really.  You want to stress three components:

(1) cruciferous vegetables : (broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, etc.) for their well documented anti-estrogenic effect.  Not only do you want to boost testosterone, you want to alter (in your favor) the ratio of testosterone to estrogen.  The body tends to keep these in balance unless something interferes;

(2) healthy fats/cholesterol  : in practical terms for me this means beef on a consistent basis; I prefer top sirloin; and

(3) zinc-containing foods: the old myth about oysters and potency is true; also red meats (beef, lamb, and pork), liver, herring; whole wheat, rye, and oats; nuts (pecans and brazil nuts in particular); pumpkin seeds; ginger root;  mustard, chili powder, and black pepper; throw in a zinc and magnesium supplement to boot;

bonus #1: try experimenting with garlic as an addition to your food or in supplement form.  Rodent studies have indicated that high dosages increases serum testosterone levels,  It can't hurt (breath mints suggested); and

bonus #2: avoid alcohol consumption, or at least moderate; alcohol interferes with the body's production of testosterone.

Good luck.

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 02:14:31 PM »
cheers dude   :)

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 03:30:11 AM »
Pretty basic really.  You want to stress three components:

(1) cruciferous vegetables : (broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, etc.) for their well documented anti-estrogenic effect.  Not only do you want to boost testosterone, you want to alter (in your favor) the ratio of testosterone to estrogen.  The body tends to keep these in balance unless something interferes;

(2) healthy fats/cholesterol  : in practical terms for me this means beef on a consistent basis; I prefer top sirloin; and

(3) zinc-containing foods: the old myth about oysters and potency is true; also red meats (beef, lamb, and pork), liver, herring; whole wheat, rye, and oats; nuts (pecans and brazil nuts in particular); pumpkin seeds; ginger root;  mustard, chili powder, and black pepper; throw in a zinc and magnesium supplement to boot;

bonus #1: try experimenting with garlic as an addition to your food or in supplement form.  Rodent studies have indicated that high dosages increases serum testosterone levels,  It can't hurt (breath mints suggested); and

bonus #2: avoid alcohol consumption, or at least moderate; alcohol interferes with the body's production of testosterone.

Good luck.

Darn, after ur tip to me about getting zinc and magnsium tablets, i found myself ata acostco last week and got more  weight gainer, but forgot all about the tablets.ahh. well il be back there in a few weeks, so its on my to buy list lol.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 05:59:34 PM »
If you want a good Test Booster try Gaspari's Novedex XT
I used it with awesome results.  The only downfall is it supresses estrogen, so for that reason if you have a job that realies on creativity ( webdesign, graphics, ext ) you might think twice before taking it.  Also after about a month of taking this stuff you will notice your sex drive will go away.  This is great if you are the type that beats off 5 times a day  ;D Great product, I went through 4 bottles of the stuff.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 01:47:29 AM »
If you want a good Test Booster try Gaspari's Novedex XT
I used it with awesome results.  The only downfall is it supresses estrogen, so for that reason if you have a job that realies on creativity ( webdesign, graphics, ext ) you might think twice before taking it.  Also after about a month of taking this stuff you will notice your sex drive will go away.  This is great if you are the type that beats off 5 times a day  ;D Great product, I went through 4 bottles of the stuff.

Why would a test booster make ur sex drive go away, i thought it would enhance it? sorry if im way off base!
It isn't the mountains ah

TestDummy

• Getbig IV
  • 5%
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 03:37:47 AM »
yeah for a "natural supp" novedex XT is good.  I also heard if you beat off at least 3 times a day that might help also...

Cooker

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 06:36:18 PM »

(

I am in agreement that we should eat an adequate amount of healthy fats, but beef is not a source of a healthy fat.  The primary fat in beef and animal products is saturated fat, not a good fat.

The healthy fats can be found abundantly in nuts, natural peanut butter is great for this, and flax seeds/oil. 

mwkcronin

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 06:53:24 AM »

The Animal stak 2 is a pretty good product.  Have been using that for about 5 months now.  Regarding tribulous products, there are quite a number of nay sayers. 

Personally, since I do not use gear,  so my take is to cycle trib in order to keep what is already in my system(free testosterone), at it's peak you know.  Can't hurt anyway, that is my motto!

hooker

• Getbig II
  • Anthony Roberts
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 07:05:23 AM »
I just recently came out with the first product in a three product line, and it happens to be a testosterone booster.

If you're interested, check it out:

http://proteinfactory.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=829

I'm really proud of it.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 10:48:47 AM »
I am in agreement that we should eat an adequate amount of healthy fats, but beef is not a source of a healthy fat.  The primary fat in beef and animal products is saturated fat, not a good fat.

The healthy fats can be found abundantly in nuts, natural peanut butter is great for this, and flax seeds/oil. 

We are not talking "heart healthy" here.  We are talking about the type of fats which promote the optimum conditions for testosterone production.  Many pros contend that they cannot add significant muscle mass without adequate consumption of red meat.

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 10:11:12 PM »
Why would a test booster make ur sex drive go away, i thought it would enhance it? sorry if im way off base!

A test booster would enhance it, but Novedex is not just a Test Booster is also supresses Estrogen.  Estrogen is vital to your sex drive.  Also if you do anthing for a living that involves being creative ( graphic design, art, writing ) you will loose most of your imagination becaue the estrogen is needed for that too. That is actually the only reason I stopped taking it.  I found myself stairing at my screen with no creativity.