Author Topic: mommies on the board  (Read 7670 times)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: mommies on the board
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2007, 12:35:58 PM »
Hmmmmmmm.  let me check the show schedule.  see if yours is on our list.
I hope so <jumping up and down with excitement>!
:D Weee

newmom

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2007, 02:01:48 PM »
let me know tascha and can see what my mom can do..we are going in a few weeks to a show and we are in times square and the rooms are only 45 each night..i love my moms marriott discount...

I cannot believe she is not here yet..mimi get cracking sistah princess is waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2007, 04:29:10 PM »
T - I was left off the baby poll! I demand a recount!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:(
X

proschic

• Getbig III
  • like a midget in a urinal.....
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2007, 05:26:10 PM »
T - I was left off the baby poll! I demand a recount!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:(

Its still going Lord!!  You have a chance to put in your vote.  She is not here....YET.  But I did just have to leave Target because I was feeling very icky and crampy.  These contractions have not let up ALL DAY.  They are getting stronger! 

I'm getting a little nervous. :-[

newmom

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2007, 06:21:24 PM »
tasha I read bob will be at the king kamali classic in june..that would be great if you could come then...or anytime for that matter

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2007, 05:35:11 AM »
Wifey is only at 6 weeks but she said shes totally wiped out. Any of you ladys exhausted that early?
X

newmom

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2007, 07:15:26 AM »
sure was and it was tough when working in retail management..

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2007, 08:08:54 AM »
oh my Tasha, you're about ready to pop... I think it'll happen today, ...but I could be wrong.  :)

as for being a mommie, ...can I count my goldfish as my kiddies?

Personally, if I were you, I'd call the on-call ObGyn. I wouldn't necessarily wait for your water to break.
My sister was fully dialated, and giving birth, ...and her water still hadn't broken.

Wow, ...I can hardly wait to see the little Chicklet.  :)
w

proschic

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2007, 08:56:31 AM »
tasha I read bob will be at the king kamali classic in june..that would be great if you could come then...or anytime for that matter

oh yea...I forgot about that show.  I may see about going. 

Wifey is only at 6 weeks but she said shes totally wiped out. Any of you ladys exhausted that early?

YEP...for the first 12 weeks, she will be really hormonal, nauseaus, and tired.  But give in to her needs, Lord, this is the most IMPORTANT time in her pregnancy.  This is the vital time for the baby to mature and grow.  The second trimester will be better for both of you.

proschic

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2007, 08:59:06 AM »
oh my Tasha, you're about ready to pop... I think it'll happen today, ...but I could be wrong.  :)

as for being a mommie, ...can I count my goldfish as my kiddies?

Personally, if I were you, I'd call the on-call ObGyn. I wouldn't necessarily wait for your water to break.
My sister was fully dialated, and giving birth, ...and her water still hadn't broken.

Wow, ...I can hardly wait to see the little Chicklet.  :)

ohhh Jag...I am so miserable right now.  I did not sleep...leg cramps and contractions.  My back and stomach are sore from the constant tightening in my belly.  I just want to get my little girl out!!  I hope today is the day!! I am spent!!  :-[

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2007, 09:29:35 AM »
oh yea...I forgot about that show.  I may see about going. 

YEP...for the first 12 weeks, she will be really hormonal, nauseaus, and tired.  But give in to her needs, Lord, this is the most IMPORTANT time in her pregnancy.  This is the vital time for the baby to mature and grow.  The second trimester will be better for both of you.

Thanks Tasha, a few of her friends said its way to early to be tired. I told her I thought that was normal, and ya shes nauseaus most of the time but usally in the evenings. I bought her all the go to items for upset tummys, Saltine crackers, bagels, toast, soup and sorbet. Shes become a carb-o-holic and im on a low carb diet  :'(. Ive been putting together a cd of classical and progressive music to stick on her belly as soon as lil' Stella forms ears  :)
X

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2007, 09:41:39 AM »
ohhh Jag...I am so miserable right now.  I did not sleep...leg cramps and contractions.  My back and stomach are sore from the constant tightening in my belly.  I just want to get my little girl out!!  I hope today is the day!! I am spent!!  :-[

Ok sister, this is what you need to do...go make yourself a nice salad with Balsamic Vinegar (Not the Vinaigrette. There's no time to mess around now) on it...wait a few hours, make another one and so on...i think the critter will be out in no time then. With my first i did it and then decided chili and Balsamic Vinegar sounded good :-X...not a pretty picture if you know what i mean.

Lisa

PS. I was sure my due date for last night /this early AM was a going to be right on...i need to go change that now :-*

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2007, 12:46:46 PM »

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2007, 12:55:35 PM »
 :D thats was funny as hell!
X

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2007, 01:31:46 PM »
as soon as lil' Stella forms ears  :)

:D  :D   :D    ;D
R

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2007, 01:41:35 PM »
a few of her friends said its way to early to be tired. I told her I thought that was normal

I remember being tired right from the get go...your body starts changing immediately (even if you don't know you're prego) and that's usually what then makes us suspicious of "possibly being pregnant".

Lisa

diamond

• Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2007, 03:11:43 PM »

proschic

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2007, 03:35:23 PM »
Shes become a carb-o-holic and im on a low carb diet  :'(. Ive been putting together a cd of classical and progressive music to stick on her belly as soon as lil' Stella forms ears  :)

Thats sweet!!  Lil Stella will react to voices and songs after about the 5th month.  Thats when I felt Milania move for the first time.  She loved to hear Frank Sinatra...she would kick the most when he was on her ipod.  As well as Bob's deep voice.  Make sure to talk to your wife's belly after the 5th month....your baby will react and recognize you.  Its a bonding thing.

I kept a pack of tums in my purse, at home, and in the car.  Tums are the best!!  As well as Ginger ale.  It works wonders as well.  I wasn't too sick during my pregnancy...but some foods (chinese) made me GREEN!!

Ok sister, this is what you need to do...go make yourself a nice salad with Balsamic Vinegar (Not the Vinaigrette. There's no time to mess around now) on it...wait a few hours, make another one and so on...i think the critter will be out in no time then. With my first i did it and then decided chili and Balsamic Vinegar sounded good :-X...not a pretty picture if you know what i mean.

Lisa

PS. I was sure my due date for last night /this early AM was a going to be right on...i need to go change that now :-*

I wish your date was right too, Lisa!!  I would love to be holding her right now. 

I'm making my salad RIGHT NOW!!  I assume it will keep me on the toilet....from the pretty picture you describe.  I'll have another one for dinner.  I'll keep you posted on my progress.

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2007, 10:29:17 PM »
Thanks Tasha, a few of her friends said its way to early to be tired. I told her I thought that was normal, and ya shes nauseaus most of the time but usally in the evenings. I bought her all the go to items for upset tummys, Saltine crackers, bagels, toast, soup and sorbet. Shes become a carb-o-holic and im on a low carb diet  :'(. Ive been putting together a cd of classical and progressive music to stick on her belly as soon as lil' Stella forms ears  :)
I started getting morning sickness and extremely tired by the time I was two weeks "late", and that continued until about 4 months. My second one was easier, I only had morning sickness for about 2 weeks but was still really tired. Just bear with her, it will pass. Being supportive is the best thing you can do for your lady.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2007, 03:01:42 AM »
arrggggggg

no baby yet.  :-[

newmom

« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2007, 05:19:24 AM »
thank god I never had morning sickness...I got sick twice but that was because I had a 50k ecoli count and thats how I found out I was pregnant

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2007, 05:30:23 AM »
Thats sweet!!  Lil Stella will react to voices and songs after about the 5th month.  Thats when I felt Milania move for the first time.  She loved to hear Frank Sinatra...she would kick the most when he was on her ipod.  As well as Bob's deep voice.  Make sure to talk to your wife's belly after the 5th month....your baby will react and recognize you.  Its a bonding thing.

I kept a pack of tums in my purse, at home, and in the car.  Tums are the best!!  As well as Ginger ale.  It works wonders as well.  I wasn't too sick during my pregnancy...but some foods (chinese) made me GREEN!!

I wish your date was right too, Lisa!!  I would love to be holding her right now. 

I'm making my salad RIGHT NOW!!  I assume it will keep me on the toilet....from the pretty picture you describe.  I'll have another one for dinner.  I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Wife is starting to get a little grouchy  :) I just stay clear when she is. To bad Oscar doenst know to hit the dusty trails and avoid her when she comes home from work. Right now im trying to imagine lil Stella as a tadpole and it kinda wigs me out :-X. I think I'll keep the classical music for me, it will go well with my double dirty martini.
The one thing that seems to be bothering her the most is no more Prilosec OTC. The doc ok'ed Tums and she has been downing them about 3 per meal. At this point she hasnt gained a pound but shes hungry for everything ;D to bad for me, I'll just stick to chicken and salads for my meals  :'(.
T, buddy, this is no place for toilet humor. I think my eggs made me sick yesterday, im still on fire.   >:(
X

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2007, 05:41:58 AM »
I started getting morning sickness and extremely tired by the time I was two weeks "late", and that continued until about 4 months. My second one was easier, I only had morning sickness for about 2 weeks but was still really tired. Just bear with her, it will pass. Being supportive is the best thing you can do for your lady.

Thanks Buff, she was concerned she was feeling crappy too soon according to some gals she works with. One of her girl friends said she felt about how you discribed crappy from the start and feeling good at the 12 week mark. Im trying to be supportive but its hard to be nice when she shovels in the pizza and im eating a plain hamburger with no bun :'( ( is it wrong of me to hope she chokes on it a little?)
X

newmom

« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2007, 08:04:39 AM »
ya know heartburn is an old wives tale that the baby is gonna have a lot of hair...

did'nt get much heartburn till my last 6 weeks and boy was she born with a full head of hair

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2007, 08:05:28 AM »
Thanks Buff, she was concerned she was feeling crappy too soon according to some gals she works with. One of her girl friends said she felt about how you discribed crappy from the start and feeling good at the 12 week mark. Im trying to be supportive but its hard to be nice when she shovels in the pizza and im eating a plain hamburger with no bun :'( ( is it wrong of me to hope she chokes on it a little?)
>:(