Author Topic: MARTINEZ 's reply in jan md magazine  (Read 4307 times)

400kwgtr

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
MARTINEZ 's reply in jan md magazine
« on: January 16, 2007, 01:54:30 AM »
Just read Victor Martinez's reply to a question he was asked relating to "if steroids are necessary" He relpied with a big fat no! What a load of bullshit. Why do these pros act as though anyone can get to their size naturally. It ##### me. All it does is get peoples hopes up. If there are any young kids out there with any aspirations to become a pro naturally please wake up. The truth is that most pros have to take ####### huge amounts of steroids for over 10 years of their life. This will cost you a huge amount of money. In Australia we are talking at least $15000 per year. Times that by 10 years and add your other food and supplements into it... Its not cheap thats for sure.
 Now i have nothing against using roids but lets not bullshit people. I am no monster but i got asked by a young kid in the gym how i got such big lats as he was blown away by the size of them. I told him the truth about how often i train and about eating right but i didnt deny using gear when he asked me if i did.
What do you guys think ???

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Re: MARTINEZ 's reply in jan md magazine
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 02:00:33 AM »
well did he really say it was'nt needed for pros.

he probably just ment any bodybuilder.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 02:08:37 AM »
They just can't say it like it is for obvious reasons...u got nothing to loose but they DO!

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 02:50:26 AM »
Your back must look like Dorians :o ::)
I

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 03:49:02 AM »
I rather have the kids train naturally and see how far that can take them, than have them doing steroids because they're under the impression it's absolutely necessary in order to get big.
Z

AVBG

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 03:55:51 AM »
what made me laugh was in the same issue he is lecturing a college kid livin in a dorm that he has no excuses not to be living the lifestyle (multiple meals ect..). He seems to not realise the kid isn't delusional and has a life outside the gym and a future that he is working towards.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 04:00:52 AM »
what made me laugh was in the same issue he is lecturing a college kid livin in a dorm that he has no excuses not to be living the lifestyle (multiple meals ect..). He seems to not realise the kid isn't delusional and has a life outside the gym and a future that he is working towards.

If you really want it there is no excuse, how hard is it to spend some time before bed cooking healthy meals for the next day or if the kid has money buying snacks throughout the day which are healthy. I know I get lazy with my shit sometimes but I also know not to make excuses about it. How do you think kids that compete in colligate divisions of BBing do it.
I

AVBG

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 04:10:40 AM »
If you really want it there is no excuse, how hard is it to spend some time before bed cooking healthy meals for the next day or if the kid has money buying snacks throughout the day which are healthy. I know I get lazy with my shit sometimes but I also know not to make excuses about it. How do you think kids that compete in colligate divisions of BBing do it.

Hey Mike, I hear what you saying and I have been doin the same for a long long time.

It comes down to priorities, speaking from personal experience I still believe getting your colllege education with minimal interference (and for that matter living life)is more important than being a purist in the BB lifestyle. 

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 04:14:01 AM »
kids should be able to do both. working out 3 times a week and regular food will take you far if you keep it up for a good number of years, at least if you have the genetics for it, and if you don't, well then you don't have anything to do in the sport to begin with.
arnold, lee, shawn etc started out very young and won titles less than a year after their first time at the gym.
Z

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 04:17:34 AM »

arnold, lee, shawn etc started out very young and won titles less than a year after their first time at the gym.

They all also started juicing in their early-mid teens. If you want to steer kids away from roids they aren't good role models.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 04:19:52 AM »
They all also started juicing in their early-mid teens. If you want to steer kids away from roids they aren't good role models.

it's an example on how early you'd realize you got potential to be someone in bodybuilding. that's how much genetics matter. you not gonna win shows after one year of training at age 15 unless you're born to do this.
regardless of amount of steroids.
Z

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 04:20:54 AM »
Hey Mike, I hear what you saying and I have been doin the same for a long long time.

It comes down to priorities, speaking from personal experience I still believe getting your colllege education with minimal interference (and for that matter living life)is more important than being a purist in the BB lifestyle. 

Better that he Bodybuilds then goes to the party, wouldn't you agree? Most college kids aren't gonna sit around and study all day everyday outside of class, most have plenty of time to party so why not choose to treat yourself good, be healthy and inshape instead of downing another beerbong or dominating a game of beer pong.
I

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 05:10:20 AM »
Just read Victor Martinez's reply to a question he was asked relating to "if steroids are necessary" He relpied with a big fat no! What a load of bullshit. Why do these pros act as though anyone can get to their size naturally. It ##### me. All it does is get peoples hopes up. If there are any young kids out there with any aspirations to become a pro naturally please wake up. The truth is that most pros have to take ####### huge amounts of steroids for over 10 years of their life. This will cost you a huge amount of money. In Australia we are talking at least $15000 per year. Times that by 10 years and add your other food and supplements into it... Its not cheap thats for sure.
 Now i have nothing against using roids but lets not bullshit people. I am no monster but i got asked by a young kid in the gym how i got such big lats as he was blown away by the size of them. I told him the truth about how often i train and about eating right but i didnt deny using gear when he asked me if i did.

ummm..what else is he suppose to say?

dumb f**k
Here comes the money shot

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2007, 05:13:14 AM »
He HAS to say that. Otherwise the kiddies wouldn't buy the protein powder of his great sponsor anymore. ;D

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007, 07:18:06 AM »

maybe vic wanted the guy to open up a gym, but really use that place to sell drugs - steroids, ghb, and ecstacy.

similar to what vic did a few years back. 
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 07:19:22 AM »
Your back must look like Dorians :o ::)
exactly, he must be a beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2007, 10:18:00 AM »
Well lets see here.....Seeing as how Martinez is an ex-con and has been busted before for "enhancements" I think that is a really good reason not to opening and honestly discuss steriods LoL... ::)
You Can't Do It!!!

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2007, 04:27:55 PM »
In Vic's defense, he probably has never read his own column ;D

getfast81

• Getbig III
  • Borat is for the weak................
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2007, 04:30:28 PM »
He was saying what was "politically" correct.  Of course the guys that grace the covers of mags are going to preach the drug free lifestyle.  But to achieve that kind of mass and that leaned ripped condition everyone on this board knows what road you have to go down.    ;)
Truly STOP WHINING

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2007, 04:41:52 PM »
If there are any young kids out there with any aspirations to become a pro naturally please wake up.

Life is a series of disillusionments...

- weaning
- no Tooth Fairy
- favorite ballplayer won't sign autograph
- girls prefer older/more athletic/richer guys
- male pattern baldness
- children reach adolescence
- wife no longer sexually desirable
- prostate inflammation
- adult children blame you for being a bad parent
- senility
- death

Shoehorn "I'll never look like Jay Cutler, even if I do take $10,000 a month in steroids" in there somewhere. Boo fu'king hoo.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2007, 04:42:28 PM »
If he did the oposite, people would come down on him for telling a young kid about roids. So its Lose, Lose.  People should know that Pros are where they are for the work they did and the genetics they have, The gear is what takes them to that unattainable level.
bodybuildersreality.com

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
  • Sergio can split the atom. With his bare hands.
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2007, 06:31:10 PM »
As the below pictures will confirm, if you want to be a pro bodybuilder, you still need LOTS of drugs no matter how genitically gifted you are.

SERGIO!!!!
Ugh, my retirement grease

JOEBEAST

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2007, 06:32:30 PM »
more bullshit,my neighbors a pro ifbb and trust me they all sauce and do more than they say.victor got busted for steriods and lost his gym,honesty goes a long way

diablo78

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2007, 08:13:01 PM »

diablo78

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2007, 08:14:29 PM »
what the hell is he suppose to say to the kid to take all the juice you can get ur hands on. you ass!!!!!!