Author Topic: Ronnie and Ruhl are the only bbers that really have strength?  (Read 6046 times)

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
Ronnie and Ruhl are the only bbers that really have strength?
« on: January 16, 2007, 09:59:18 AM »
More and more today's bbing is about drugs... For what I have been seeing, Ronnie and Ruhl are the only ones who actualy perform heavy workouts, the rest is 100% drug based.
Discuss...
S

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
Re: Ronnie and Ruhl are the only bbers that really have strength?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 10:07:02 AM »
What the hell have you been watching? This just might be the most idiotic post I have ever read.

Moving massive amount of weights = Building Muscle

Building Muscle = Becoming Strong.

Anything else?

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 10:13:26 AM »
More and more today's bbing is about drugs... For what I have been seeing, Ronnie and Ruhl are the only ones who actualy perform heavy workouts, the rest is 100% drug based.
Discuss...

Johnnie jackson's got a rep of going heavy, as does Branch, although I have to see it to believe it. I know Dennis James trains hard and heavy. Can't think of anyone else at the moment.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 10:18:44 AM »
They're bodybuilders. Apparantely training heavy is not necessary for a bodybuilder.
Z

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 10:26:53 AM »
They're bodybuilders. Apparantely training heavy is not necessary for a bodybuilder.

Thats what pussies like say

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 10:29:31 AM »
Thats what pussies like say

That's what results say. I didn't find Jay Cutler on your list, yet he's Mr Olympia. I didn't find Dexter Jackson on your list, yet he's been third many times. The list goes on.

Z

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 02:14:37 PM »
What the hell have you been watching? This just might be the most idiotic post I have ever read.

Moving massive amount of weights = Building Muscle

Building Muscle = Becoming Strong.

Anything else?

I guess you didn't read well the question...
"Moving massive amount of weights = Building Muscle" this is the problem, most bbers don't move massive amounts of weight... bu massive amounts of drugs
"Building Muscle = Becoming Strong." not entirely true, iguess that only Pudzianowski can prove something like that...
I hope you learn somethig with this
S

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 02:38:23 PM »
That's what results say. I didn't find Jay Cutler on your list, yet he's Mr Olympia. I didn't find Dexter Jackson on your list, yet he's been third many times. The list goes on.

all right, the list goes on. so continue with it. for your jay cutler i list a ronnie coleman. for your dexter jackson i say kevin levrone. and then for the next few you plan on naming i'll point out chris cormier, johnnie jackson, branch, and ruhl.

JOEBEAST

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 03:52:31 PM »
kevin leverone 500lbs. benching with perfect form.ruhl loves the smith machine which is not true strength.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 03:55:42 PM »
i don't know where this fallacy of Jay Cutler not being strong comes from, on one of his videos he inclines 405 for 4, hack squats 8 plates per side for reps, barbell rows 405 for 5, shoulder presses a pair of 140's, he's plenty strong.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 04:25:13 PM »
kevin leverone 500lbs. benching with perfect form.ruhl loves the smith machine which is not true strength.
Levrone is not even a bber anymore. Looks like a tennis player... very weak!!
S

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 05:10:52 PM »
i don't know where this fallacy of Jay Cutler not being strong comes from, on one of his videos he inclines 405 for 4, hack squats 8 plates per side for reps, barbell rows 405 for 5, shoulder presses a pair of 140's, he's plenty strong.

because he's one of the few pros who doesn't ego lift for the camera. i often wonder if one of the reasons ronnie is all torn up is because, from what i've heard, he doesn't lift the way he shows in the videos year round. but when it's time for a cost of redemption or the unbelievable, he goes balls out and starts lifting like a maniac.

jay, on the other hand, has no problem with being on video smith squatting 365, because he let the results speak for themselves. if he feels like inclining 405 then he'll do it, if he feels like db pressing a pair of 120s he'll do that.

milos claims jay has, in the heat of the offseason, shoulder pressed the 200s for a few. what do you think about that?

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 05:17:12 PM »

Jay's strength pales in comparison to Yates or Coleman. Yates was benching over 500lbs for reps in the 92 offseason, Coleman rows 495 like a peanut...etc.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2007, 05:18:25 PM »
Discuss...

That's important b/c there is "how much can you bench round" at the Olympia ::)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007, 05:21:17 PM »
Jay's strength pales in comparison to Yates or Coleman. Yates was benching over 500lbs for reps in the 92 offseason, Coleman rows 495 like a peanut...etc.

pales? hardly. he's not as strong as those two, but saying it pales is pretty ignorant.

oh, and then there's the fact that both ronnie and dorian have seen their careers halted due to multiple torn muscles, while jay remains injury free and has a sandow. yes, i'm sure it bothers him SO much that people scoff at him for not training ultra-heavy all the time.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 05:35:18 PM »
pales? hardly. he's not as strong as those two, but saying it pales is pretty ignorant.

oh, and then there's the fact that both ronnie and dorian have seen their careers halted due to multiple torn muscles, while jay remains injury free and has a sandow. yes, i'm sure it bothers him SO much that people scoff at him for not training ultra-heavy all the time.

uh, Jay may have a sandow, but he hasn't achieved near the physique that Coleman or Yates did.....

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2007, 05:45:31 PM »

Well that's just it. Clearly the risk of injuries is greater and clearly lifting heavy is not necessary in order to place well (or even best).
Z

Big Lee

• Getbig II
  • Roadhouse was a great movie.
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2007, 05:47:55 PM »
Definately one of the stupidest threads of the year.  Obviously by someone who doesnt even workout themselves.  This is a bodybuilding website.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2007, 05:52:59 PM »
Well that's just it. Clearly the risk of injuries is greater and clearly lifting heavy is not necessary in order to place well (or even best).

That's becuase Coleman and Yates are possibly the only bodybuilders who went at it 100% without fear. Do you honestly think Jay this year would have beaten a prime ronnie or dorian :-X

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2007, 05:55:05 PM »
Discuss...

what about candidate (candy for short)? he said that he lifts the same as ronnie at 1/3 of his weight
Here comes the money shot

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2007, 05:58:52 PM »
That's becuase Coleman and Yates are possibly the only bodybuilders who went at it 100% without fear. Do you honestly think Jay this year would have beaten a prime ronnie or dorian :-X

Some say Ronnie and Dorian was able to do what they did because they trained so hard. I say had they trained lighter and smarter, they've accomplished even more.  :)
Z

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2007, 05:59:39 PM »
yes you have to lift heavy but smart also. you see pros getting injuired more and more trying to lift to heavy..look at ronnie....he is human after all. \

bottom line bodybuilding is not powerlifting..nobody asks you on stage how much you lift.

irongearco.com

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2007, 06:00:28 PM »
Here are some of Dorian's poundages in the 92 offseason from his log:

decline bench: 440 x 5
smith squat: 560 x 7
standing calf raise: 1400 x 7
reverse row - 425 x 6
db row: 215 x 12
flat bench: 435 x 5

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2007, 11:55:11 PM »
Here are some of Dorian's poundages in the 92 offseason from his log:

decline bench: 440 x 5
smith squat: 560 x 7
standing calf raise: 1400 x 7
reverse row - 425 x 6
db row: 215 x 12
flat bench: 435 x 5

:o
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2007, 12:17:35 AM »
dennis james is a strong s.o.b.
real men= no rubbers