Author Topic: Go Get your Oranges NOW!  (Read 1826 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Go Get your Oranges NOW!
« on: January 17, 2007, 06:26:00 PM »
Hey Folks,

Thanks to Global warming wreaking havoc with weather patterns throughout the world, the price of your oranges are expected to go up by 200%. The recent cold snap in California has destroyed about 75% of the oranges. Oranges currently priced at $1 .lb here, are expected to rise to $3 .lb in the next few days. If the same effect takes place in Florida, we'll soon be taking out mortgages to have a glass of OJ in the morning.
Estimates are close to a Billion dollars has been lost so far. (the bears and skunks will have good eatin' tho. ) :)
w

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: Go Get your Oranges NOW!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 09:10:11 PM »
o yeeah..i told my dad about this 3 weeks ago..and he laughed..

he apologized to me today...
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 09:11:06 PM »
oo and also watch out for insect populations this summer ;)

man o man its ognna be bad..

can u spell killer beez and locusts..
carpe` vaginum!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 04:04:40 AM »
That's fine. I'll eat apples instead.
Z

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 05:19:40 AM »
can u spell killer beez and locusts..

Let's eat locusts and honey like John the Baptist.  That's your protein and carbs right there.  ;D

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 05:31:48 AM »
Let's eat locusts and honey like John the Baptist.  That's your protein and carbs right there.  ;D

yanno..people actually do that...shudder..
carpe` vaginum!

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 11:30:57 AM »
Hey Folks,

Thanks to Global warming wreaking havoc with weather patterns throughout the world, the price of your oranges are expected to go up by 200%. The recent cold snap in California has destroyed about 75% of the oranges. Oranges currently priced at $1 .lb here, are expected to rise to $3 .lb in the next few days. If the same effect takes place in Florida, we'll soon be taking out mortgages to have a glass of OJ in the morning.
Estimates are close to a Billion dollars has been lost so far. (the bears and skunks will have good eatin' tho. ) :)

I don't see the need to shove your (thinly-veiled) politics down everyone's throat on a nutritional board.

johnnyx

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 05:28:18 PM »
I don't believe raising the price will help the situation, they lost there crop this year isn't going to make anybody feel sorry for them and people will just hold out on buying oranges/juice untill someone sell them at the regular price. Supply and demand sucks but this isn't gasoline.... hopefully the farmers saved up from the previous years of selling there goods to take a hit and hope for a better year.

Aeternitatis

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 03:41:33 PM »
It was interesting when my friend went to Cali... he said the oranges there sold for like 50 cents per pound. lol, I guess when you can just grow an orange tree in your yard, there's no reason to buy the fruit at the store. :D

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 12:43:10 AM »
I don't see the need to shove your (thinly-veiled) politics down everyone's throat on a nutritional board.

since when was the topic of weather a political issue?
DAWG

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 08:44:47 AM »

Let's start with the basics- For starters it's not a nutritional issue, which is the essence of my take.

Second, global warming is a substantial and hotly-debated political issue dividing the parties in the United States and was the cornerstone of Al Gore's failed presidential run (I realize that the poster was Canadian, but that doesn't change the analysis).

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 09:17:30 AM »
This year is El NINO...  Funny how they bring up climate change so harshly when it is an el nino year.  I remember the last one, it was hotter than hell in Los Angeles.  Lots of flooding too in the spring.  If I remember correctly, we had the same orange problem.

On a lighter note, we won't need as many illegals now since there won't be nothin to pick.   ;D
Most are all show no go!

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2007, 04:00:13 PM »

By the way, this is on GetBig's Political Issues and Board Rules (See General Board, Politics) which lists what are considered political issues for purposes of this site.  I've taken the liberty of highlighting the relevant item:

"Political Issues
This is a list of issues which are commonly considered to be political issues.  Please post on these subjects in this forum or send topics from this list to this forum if you're a mod of another forum.  thanks.

I tried to think of everything but if there is a major political issue missing from this list, let me know.

Abortion
Affirmative Action
Agricultural Policy
Animal Rights
Campaign Finance Reform
Corporate Corruption
Conspiracy Theories involving the Government.  Example: 9/11 belongs in Politics, Chupacabra would not.
Censorship
Church-State Issues
Communications Decency Act
Conscription
Death Penalty
Drug Policy
Deregulation
Economy
Education Policy
Elections
Energy Policy
Environment
Firearms Policy
Flag Burning
Foreign Policy
Global Warming
Government Fraud and Waste
Gay Marriage
Hawaiian Sovereignty
Health Care Policy
Homelessness
Immigration Reform
Language Policy
Local Government.
Medical Marijuana
Minimum Wage
Missile Defense System
National Tobacco Settlement
Nato
Oil and Gas policy
Political Correctness
Presidential Administrations
Prayer in the Public Schools
Race Relations
Social Security Reform
Space Policy
Stem Cell Research
ANY Tax issue
Term Limits
Third Parties
Trade
Treaties, Pacts, and Agreements
United Nations
U.S. Budget
U.S. War on Drugs
Unemployment
Vieques Controversy or any military controversy where a policy chance is sought.
Voluntary National Testing
Terrorism & War
Weapons Disarmament and Nonproliferation
Welfare Reform"

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 12:22:12 AM »

???

There was no mention of politics whatsoever in that post. Simply facts.
The post was about oranges (a food full of nutrition) ...what happened to them,
what was about to happen to them, ...and a suggestion to go get 'em before the prices went up.

I hope you don't get any oranges at all, ...and that your teeth fall out from scurvy.  >:(
w

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2007, 07:57:56 AM »
Hey Folks,

The entire premise of your post assumes that global warming is connected with the recent citrus crop freezing, so you're pushing enironmentalist views on the board, which you should not assume everyone shares. Your post then adds some economic views.  I'm not seeing alot if anything on nutrition (hint: calories, vitamins, carbohydrates, application to fitness, etc.).  Stick to the politics board where I see that you're a regular, albeit somewhat mundane, contributor.