Author Topic: Ethyl Esters and BCAA  (Read 1537 times)

24Hourpro

• Getbig III
  • Its hard to be humble when you're huge.
Ethyl Esters and BCAA
« on: January 20, 2007, 09:12:20 PM »
Ok, I'm seeing more and more BCAA made with Ethyl Esters.

Is the Ethyl Ester delivery really that much better for absorption that it warrants the cost increase of BCAA to 2x the normal price?

Any opinion or experiences?

Is CEE also really that much better?

I know it's expensive to produce EE, but that doesn't necessarily make them effective.
ironmass.com

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: Ethyl Esters and BCAA
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 09:59:21 AM »
Ok, I'm seeing more and more BCAA made with Ethyl Esters.

Is the Ethyl Ester delivery really that much better for absorption that it warrants the cost increase of BCAA to 2x the normal price?

Any opinion or experiences?

Is CEE also really that much better?

I know it's expensive to produce EE, but that doesn't necessarily make them effective.

It's absolute Bullshit.

No BCAA needs a ethyl ester.
Esteryzing thing make them dissolve in oil, so you would have to take the bcaa with oil, which would slow them down.
As for creatine, it gets more stable in water this way, but IMO that's bullshit. plain monohydrate is best.

simple BCAA are best.

mar10s

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 06:37:27 PM »
Hey DonkeyKong, in reference to you saying that taking simple BCAA's are the best...would you consider the Liver tabs to be a substitute?  I take about six to nine a day with food instead of taking in a BCAA tab because it was my understanding that the Liver tabs carry a decent amount of some BCAA's namely Leucine...whats your take on this?

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 01:41:03 AM »
Hey DonkeyKong, in reference to you saying that taking simple BCAA's are the best...would you consider the Liver tabs to be a substitute?  I take about six to nine a day with food instead of taking in a BCAA tab because it was my understanding that the Liver tabs carry a decent amount of some BCAA's namely Leucine...whats your take on this?

What liver tabs are you referring to?

mar10s

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 05:29:13 AM »
Universal Nutrition's 30 gram Uni-Liver

pinchharmonic

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 03:31:26 PM »
It's absolute Bullshit.

No BCAA needs a ethyl ester.
Esteryzing thing make them dissolve in oil, so you would have to take the bcaa with oil, which would slow them down.
As for creatine, it gets more stable in water this way, but IMO that's bullshit. plain monohydrate is best.

simple BCAA are best.

i have to agree with donkey kong. I have attempted creatine ethyl esther 3-4x. attempted meaning, i would go on it for about 2-3 weeks, taking 2.5 grams before/after workouts then taking another  week off of it as an experiment.

every single time i come off the creatine, my stomach feels better, my energy is better, and obviously i'm stronger in the gym. Just take a wiff of that ethyl esther crap and you will be wary of putting it in your body. I think it really screws up the body's alkaline/acid ratio, which i heard should be more alkaline ideally.

never had that problem wtih micronized creatine, so i know it's the ethyl esther that's screwing me up.  Considering three rather popular supplements now come in ethyl esther forms, like arginine ethyl esther, creatine ethyl esther, bcaa ethyl esther, you can get really carried away with all that HCL(acid) that's in those supplements so i'd try to limit that intake if not avoid.