Author Topic: It's a small world... a thread about the old mate you ran into 20 years later...  (Read 1809 times)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
It’s small world thread…  for some reason this memory re-visited me tonight…  I’m sure someone else will have a better story, but here’s mine.

I used to live in Toronto, having moved there as a child. But I moved back to England just after I turned 30.  My parents were divorcing.   Then my Dad retired and moved back to Canada, not to Toronto, but to BC.  Not to Vancouver, but to Vancouver Island.  That’s a 2 hour ferry and then a 2 hour drive up the island to Campbell River.

The first time I went to visit I’m taken out for a hike on a trail at 9am one Monday morning, near the ocean by a river on the most beautiful forested mountain.  It was 2 hours hiking.  We see noone, like noone and it’s awesome.  Then coming toward us is a bloke with a dog.  As we passed (it was a single-file trail), he looked at me and said “Linda?”

It was my first boyfriend (from 10 years previous, from Toronto, 3,000+ miles from Vancouver and the same again as many miles away from England).  I hardly recognised him.  I was embarrassed, so I just took photos and did my silly smile pose.  (I just now jumped up out of bed to look at my pix…)  After that he took me out to all the best places on all the best boats to all the best islands and I remembered why it was that I left him.  He got jealous when anyone else spoke to me or even looked at me. 

But he told me great stories I’d completely forgotten (about me) and he told me he still wanked about me, which was, I guess, a good memory.

I’m wondering what happened to him as I doubt I’ll ever make it back to Vancouver Island, so I’ll never know.

xxxLinda

have you got a small world story? 

I ran into someone who knew me from Toronto in Leicester Square a few years ago.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
I'm confused.  You said you dated him 10 years prior, but the thread is labeled "the old mate you ran into 20 years later..."

But ya, I know what ya mean.  I've been there, done that and it wasn't a good experience to say the least.  ROFLMAO  Went to my 20th high school reunion and bumped into my first boyfriend.  Hadn't seen him since we graduated.  He chased my tail through the whole night and we started seeing eachother again (mind you...we split up as kids because he cheated on me a couple times).  We ended up getting married and guess what?  That mother-f**ker never changed.  We obviously split again...this time for good.

Let's just say...

I'm far happier where I am now.   ;D
:D Weee

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
Yeah, you got me, I was up all night after all.  I fudged the stats, it was 20 years ago, I just didn't want to own up to being older than you Cheri, (I'm more than 43 and have another birthday coming up).

He told me we'd been to see the BeeGees 3 times and i didn't remember that at all...

& i do know what happened to him, he got some 15 year old who worked at the gas station pregnant, then spent years attempting to see his child.

Thanks for being there.
I'm trying to think of more "small world" stories, I've had more than a few.

But I'm certain someone else on getbig has a better one.

It's kinda fun to run into old boyfriends and remember how much better off you are having left them.  The funny thing is that they're drop dead gorgeous when you're with them then they're ugly as sin when you see them again 10-20 years later.  I've been googling people I used to know in Toronto and most of them have ended up great, one's a music producer, another owns the best restaurants (although he ought not to have posted his pic, he looks like 55...

xL
we had snow in London last night.  it's lovely.

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
Ok, would love to spend lots of time with this but the precious 2 year old is about to bless me with her presence as soon as she wakes...let's try to make a long story short...

Went to highschool (graduated in 83' :-X) with a guy that i eventually "grudge fucked" in 99'...he wasn't a bad person in highschool in fact he was SO HOT, but when i saw him home on leave at a party i was like "there's David Blah Blah, i'm going to fuck him" (i was feeling a bit secure at that time apparantly)...well i did and i did and i did the whole time he was home...no biggie at all...then comes boyfriend Hans and then boyfriend Hans dies in 2002...thought i'd contact David a few months later(very safe especially because he was on a ship in the middle of nowhere), we emailed eachother (i have over 5000 of them printed and in a chest at the foot of the bed) for 5 months, i met up with him at the pier in Florida, we did long distance for a little over a year, got married in 2004, had a baby in 2005 and here i am today (on GetBig, of course ::)). Best thing was, he's from my hometown (i NOW believe family history is extremely important), i am bestfriends with his sister, i used to live with his parents and my mom works with his family...SWEET SWEET STORY!!!

Lisa

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
Ok, would love to spend lots of time with this but the precious 2 year old is about to bless me with her presence as soon as she wakes...let's try to make a long story short...

Went to highschool (graduated in 83' :-X) with a guy that i eventually "grudge fucked" in 99'...he wasn't a bad person in highschool in fact he was SO HOT, but when i saw him home on leave at a party i was like "there's David Blah Blah, i'm going to f**k him" (i was feeling a bit secure at that time apparantly)...well i did and i did and i did the whole time he was home...no biggie at all...then comes boyfriend Hans and then boyfriend Hans dies in 2002...thought i'd contact David a few months later(very safe especially because he was on a ship in the middle of nowhere), we emailed eachother (i have over 5000 of them printed and in a chest at the foot of the bed) for 5 months, i met up with him at the pier in Florida, we did long distance for a little over a year, got married in 2004, had a baby in 2005 and here i am today (on GetBig, of course ::)). Best thing was, he's from my hometown (i NOW believe family history is extremely important), i am bestfriends with his sister, i used to live with his parents and my mom works with his family...SWEET SWEET STORY!!!

Lisa
please, Lisa, embellish this story when you have time?  it's the perfect happy love ending story which I wanted.  I guess that's why I did this thread, I've always said that when my ship comes in, I'll be at the airport...

modify going on----------

sweet?  that's beautiful, amazing, glorious, fantastic and wonderful !!!

i've just remembered another one (not an old boyfriend).

I'm in a remote part of southern Spain with a girlfriend who owns a house there and we're walking up the hilly mountain from her house to town.  On the way there's a garage, a petrol/gas station.  Me, i'm always looking up, down, sideways and all over and I spy the guy filling his car up.  I stop, squint and shout, walking across the empty road to the garage.  It was Peter, who lives just 10-20 houses up the street from me.  He was on his way to Granada airport.  I would have missed him if I had been looking the other way at the lemon and olive trees.

He even knew the woman I was with, I asked him later and he said oh I danced with her once at some drunken party.

ppps: second re-modify (I'm learning...

I used to think that you only ever meet the people you need to know (all the rest are extras).
But now that I'm getting older, I'm wondering.  I ran into some bad luck and recently I've met a few people I didn't need to know.

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
Ofcourse i'm not going to read all that but i just wanted to say: Hi Linda...whats up?.. ;D
?

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
depends on what went down?

xL

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V

how're the boys, linda?

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
How are you, AlG?

is it cos i'm going to run into some boy i knew 20 years ago?   will he look 30 or 40 or 50?  will he be bald or mad hairy?

I've another small world story, cannot you tell us yours?  You must have more than a few.
x
x
x
L