Author Topic: The aging of Arnold Schwarzenegger  (Read 20780 times)

ramazon

• Getbig III
Re: The aging of Arnold Schwarzenegger
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2007, 08:30:53 PM »
anybody have a more recent pic?...... i thought i saw one floating around where he looked pretty decent
Here's one of Arnold and me taken in November '06 by Ironman's John Balik
at a cocktail party in L.A.  Since our friendship began 23 years ago, I've trained, jogged, swam, and practised sword-fighting with him in his backyard. He introduced me to the movie business, both here and in Rome, and I even attended his bachelor party.  More recently, as a reporter, I was in the media pool for the entire recall campaign.  So I've seen Arnold in many different conditions, smooth and shredded, wounded and recovered, happy and sad, you name it.  And he was in top form on this November night.  Instantly spotting me in the crowd, he moved with quick masculine grace crossing the room to greet me.  Up close, his skin was clear and aglow. He wore no make-up.  His voice was deep and untroubled, his laugh warm and easy.  Arnold's v-shape had returned and his flesh was remarkably firm.  We could've shot "Terminator IV" right there and then.  Instead, he went skiing, took a hard twisting fall and broke his leg.  As long as he's got one good leg to stand on though, Arnold will stand..and WORK. HE LIKES TO WORK.  There are brick walls and chimneys all over Santa Monica and Venice that he built with Franco Columbu, together with their shirts off in the sun, bare-handedly.  Flesh is fragile.  If Arnold teaches us anything, it's that SPIRIT IS STRONGER THAN FLESH.  When Arnold's flesh is gone, it'll be his SPIRIT that we most remember him for. 

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2007, 08:36:00 PM »
I've...practised sword-fighting with him in his backyard.

Is that what he calls it?  ;D

he was in top form on this November night.

Did he try to grab your ass? If so, we'll know he's made a full recovery.

ramazon

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2007, 08:51:30 PM »
Is that what he calls it?  ;D

Did he try to grab your ass? If so, we'll know he's made a full recovery.
Maximum irreverence is what YOU'll be remembered for, Ribo!  Don't
ever change. ::) 

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2007, 08:57:40 PM »
Maximum irreverence is what YOU'll be remembered for, Ribo!  Don't
ever change. ::) 

It's true that I'll never be Mr. Olympia or the Governor of California.   :'(

On the other hand, I'll never have to settle a sexual harassment suit or pay millions to the Simon Weisenthal Center to wash away the stink of my father's association with the Nazi Party.   :D

I try to see the glass as half full.  :)

ramazon

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2007, 09:25:44 PM »

On the other hand, I'll never have to settle a sexual harassment suit or pay millions to the Simon Weisenthal Center to wash away the stink of my father's association with the Nazi Party.   :D

After reading 2 pages of your previous posts, I'm curious what ambitions
a person with your particular gifts WOULD endeavor.  You are frightfully
well-informed and intellectually gifted, Ribo.  If I had one-tenth of your writing
skills, I'd never look at that glass again.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2007, 10:29:21 PM »
After reading 2 pages of your previous posts, I'm curious what ambitions
a person with your particular gifts WOULD endeavor.  You are frightfully
well-informed and intellectually gifted, Ribo.  If I had one-tenth of your writing
skills, I'd never look at that glass again.

don't be so hard on yourself teagan. your writing skills are pretty good. you've certainly got a good imagination.

just ease up on the adjectives a bit.

oh, btw, if arnold ever saves the world, eliminates terrorism and famine or, perhaps, merely following through on his election promises i'll praise him with reverence.

until then he's just another person to me that has used his gifts to succeed in the entertainment industry.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2007, 12:12:03 AM »
Nobody wins over Father Time!  >:(

Try telling that to the 82 year old guy that recently deadlifted (legit, no straps) over 450, a weight that under 5 people may be able to do at most typical gyms throughout this country at ANY age.  Also, I think Jack LaLanne has done a pretty good job. 

Of course people age, but if you are blessed to be healthy then you can do miraculous things at most ages.  I would bet there are many over 60 year old guys powerlifting today that can out lift lots of under 30 year old typical day to day guys.  If anyone has Powerlifting USA can you post their older divisions?

OneBigMan

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2007, 07:31:28 AM »
I'm surprised that no one has revealed to the austrian arnold what he should do with some of his millions so that the acting governor can do some science fiction experiments to find the medical fountain of youth of yesteryear.

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2007, 11:44:49 AM »
Was arnie a bricklayer???

yes, Arnold and Franco did that together.

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2007, 12:03:46 PM »
Here's one of Arnold and me taken in November '06 by Ironman's John Balik
at a cocktail party in L.A.  Since our friendship began 23 years ago, I've trained, jogged, swam, and practised sword-fighting with him in his backyard. He introduced me to the movie business, both here and in Rome, and I even attended his bachelor party.  More recently, as a reporter, I was in the media pool for the entire recall campaign.  So I've seen Arnold in many different conditions, smooth and shredded, wounded and recovered, happy and sad, you name it.  And he was in top form on this November night.  Instantly spotting me in the crowd, he moved with quick masculine grace crossing the room to greet me.  Up close, his skin was clear and aglow. He wore no make-up.  His voice was deep and untroubled, his laugh warm and easy.  Arnold's v-shape had returned and his flesh was remarkably firm.  We could've shot "Terminator IV" right there and then.  Instead, he went skiing, took a hard twisting fall and broke his leg.  As long as he's got one good leg to stand on though, Arnold will stand..and WORK. HE LIKES TO WORK.  There are brick walls and chimneys all over Santa Monica and Venice that he built with Franco Columbu, together with their shirts off in the sun, bare-handedly.  Flesh is fragile.  If Arnold teaches us anything, it's that SPIRIT IS STRONGER THAN FLESH.  When Arnold's flesh is gone, it'll be his SPIRIT that we most remember him for. 

# of bricks laid = # of photo sessions

ramazon

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2007, 06:41:00 PM »
don't be so hard on yourself teagan. your writing skills are pretty good. you've certainly got a good imagination.

just ease up on the adjectives a bit.

oh, btw, if arnold ever saves the world, eliminates terrorism and famine or, perhaps, merely following through on his election promises i'll praise him with reverence.

until then he's just another person to me that has used his gifts to succeed in the entertainment industry.
I value your naked opinion, Beast. 

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2007, 06:57:21 PM »
I'm not much of a fan of Arnold's physique... even less so of his personality. But he didn't come from money or marry any until he was already a multimillionaire in his own right. He did a hitch in the army and laid bricks for a while, as I understand it. No honest person could say the guy doesn't have a work ethic. So the phrase "easy life" - which is almost uselessly relative to begin with - isn't one I would apply here.

Agree he definitely had the work ethic in the gym, but the initial years of training, hanging out tanning on the beach, being paid to write articles while carousing in LA with no serious job is hardly gruelling. Same thing as an actor. Who wouldn't take that contract? He wasn't born with money but did in fact lead a charmed life beginning immediately with his arrival in the 60s.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2007, 07:00:05 PM »
yes, Arnold and Franco did that together.

Classic example of revisionist history. They ran a company for a minute called Pumping Bricks, but there's no evidence Arnold did more than hire others to do the work. ;)

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2007, 07:02:43 PM »

Agreed.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2007, 07:15:17 PM »
True except albert is still juicing and dosent have the state of california to run.

If the tables were turned and Arnold had the free time that beckles does youd be surprised what a little bit of juice and 3 months training could do

I seriously doubt Albert Beccles is juicing these days.
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2007, 07:16:31 PM »
Writer Robert Salladay is using a pic from a few years back when Arnold had just had heart surgery.

Does the LA Times think it's funny to print old photos of a man while recovering from surgery and post the story this month?

If you have questions or concerns about The Times' journalistic standards and practices, or you believe we have made an error, you may contact:

Los Angeles Times Readers' Representative Office
E-mail: readers.rep@latimes.com

Yeah, the article took several weasely back-handed stabs at him.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2007, 07:19:39 PM »
Pathetic rationalizations from an Arnold groupies, including that baseless juicing claim. Just accept Al looks great for his age & also accept that Schwarzenegger's first 9-5 job was as governor; Arnold's had nothing but an easy life essentially.

You are a moron. You don't think Arnold worked his ass off to become arguably the greatest body builder of all time, a college graduate, learning a second language, a real estate mogul, an author, a movie star and now the twice elected governer of California? He started off with nothing in Austria. What the fuck have you done in your life pray tell?

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2007, 07:20:59 PM »
Classic example of revisionist history. They ran a company for a minute called Pumping Bricks, but there's no evidence Arnold did more than hire others to do the work. ;)
lets talk bout this for a sec, did they make a lot of $$$$$

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2007, 07:21:41 PM »
You are a moron. You don't think Arnold worked his ass off to become arguably the greatest body builder of all time, a college graduate, learning a second language, a real estate mogul, an author, a movie star and now the twice elected governer of California? He started off with nothing in Austria. What the f**k have you done in your life pray tell?

Schwarzenegger didn't work his ass off-didn't have to you idiot. This fool can't tell the difference. ;D

This from an angry hotheaded loser with issues. Shown here with monster 13" guns - so much for "working his ass off". haahahahahahaha...WTF is he doing on a BB site? LOL

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2007, 07:22:57 PM »

I have read three books on Arnold. Right now I am reading the best of the three. "Fantastic" To be fair Arnold was making large contributions to the Weisenthal Center starting way back in 1982 way before he had any political aspirations.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2007, 07:25:08 PM »
Schwarzenegger didn't work his ass off-didn't have to you idiot. This fool can't tell the difference. ;D

This from an angry hotheaded loser with issues. Shown here with monster 13" guns...WTF is he doing on a BB site? LOL

Wheres your picture of you and your Bowflex coward? Like I said before. If I am so small why are you scared to meet me in Central Park? Someday I will find out your name from someone on the many boards you troll and I will pay you a visit you anonymous coward.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2007, 07:25:35 PM »
I have read three books on Arnold. Right now I am reading the best of the three. "Fantastic" To be fair Arnold was making large contributions to the Weisenthal Center starting way back in 1982 way before he had any political aspirations.

Reading 3 books on Schwarzenegger = obviously smitten groupie. :o

"Bmacsys" shown here resting monster 13" guns after a marathon playstation workout. ::)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2007, 07:29:24 PM »
Wheres your picture of you and your Bowflex coward? Like I said before. If I am so small why are you scared to meet me in Central Park? Someday I will find out your name from someone on the many boards you troll and I will pay you a visit you anonymous coward.
strong stalking

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2007, 07:29:57 PM »
Reading 3 books on Schwarzenegger = obviously smitten groupie. :o

"Bmacsys" shown here resting monster 13" guns after a marathon playstation workout. ::)

Your groupies are in Greenwich Village I suppose.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2007, 07:31:10 PM »
strong stalking

Excellent job. Bwahahaahahahahahahahah

Get a life.. ;D