Author Topic: The aging of Arnold Schwarzenegger  (Read 20822 times)

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
The aging of Arnold Schwarzenegger
« on: January 26, 2007, 09:06:26 AM »
Interesting article on Arnold's decline as he ages.  Wonder who George Butler is talking about in this quote, "One aging specimen was known to superimpose his head on the torso of other bodybuilders in photographs"?  (Joe Weider perhaps?)

Bodybuilding governor feels the unforgiving weight of time
http://www.latimes.com/la-me-arnold26jan26,0,4514629.story?coll=la-home-headlines

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
Re: The aging of Arnold Schwarzenegger
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 09:16:11 AM »
oh man, i can't wait to see all the "what the fuck has that FAT writer ever done!"
$

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 09:37:05 AM »
Nobody wins over Father Time!  >:(
Z

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 09:45:05 AM »
Honestly, I can deal with the fact that Arnold just doesn't work out like he used to & tends not to train to stay lean & muscular in his older years.  If he wanted to (or had the free time) probably could spring back to a great shape & size in no time.

What I do have a problem with....is how is face has morphed over the years & has been stretched/pulled back.  His eyes look more Chinese & slanted than ever before.  It's sad that he doesn't worry about the body that made him millions & he's more concerned with his face which wasn't all that marketable in the beginning.

jonsande

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 11:16:01 AM »
Man that was sad reading that.  Good old Arnie is ancient.  I think after his governorship is over he'll spring back into decent shape though.  He probably just doesn't have the time for it.

Whiskey

• Getbig III
  • Team Billy Of Peace
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 11:36:29 AM »
Except Ageless Albert.

Fat Albert on the other hand, would probably have diabetes at this point or possibly have died from a heart attack.  :-X
True except albert is still juicing and dosent have the state of california to run.

If the tables were turned and Arnold had the free time that beckles does youd be surprised what a little bit of juice and 3 months training could do

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 11:53:15 AM »
Schwarzenegger eventually won more bodybuilding prizes than anyone in history.

this is a quote from the article, and that's a fcuking lie. Arnie won 7 olympias. whoever wrote that article should check the freaking records
Get Big, or Die Trying

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 11:57:24 AM »

this is a quote from the article, and that's a fcuking lie. Arnie won 7 olympias. whoever wrote that article should check the freaking records
A "prize" could be anything though. 
bodybuildersreality.com

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 12:50:20 PM »
What a pointless article.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 01:03:04 PM »

when Arnold retired in 1980 even in 75', he had the record ,,BOZO!!!

And yes it's a pointless article.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 01:03:27 PM »

Maybe being in movies is regarded as a prize.  No matter what he has done more with what he did in bodybuilding than anyone else

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 01:16:49 PM »
Except Ageless Albert.

Fat Albert on the other hand, would probably have diabetes at this point or possibly have died from a heart attack.  :-X

The shoulderpads on the suit are overdone in my opinion.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 05:07:25 PM »
What I do have a problem with....is how is face has morphed over the years & has been stretched/pulled back.  His eyes look more Chinese & slanted than ever before.

Learn your history. The Middle Europeans were just "yellow trash".

bigmoss

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2007, 05:28:44 PM »
that is the shittiest fuckin article ever, and that photo of arnold out of shape is 2-3 years ago! arnold is in much better shape now, somebody posted pics.

the guy who wrote the article was trying pull bullshit out of his ass and get some attention.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2007, 05:34:43 PM »
Writer Robert Salladay is using a pic from a few years back when Arnold had just had heart surgery.

Does the LA Times think it's funny to print old photos of a man while recovering from surgery and post the story this month?

If you have questions or concerns about The Times' journalistic standards and practices, or you believe we have made an error, you may contact:

Los Angeles Times Readers' Representative Office
E-mail: readers.rep@latimes.com

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2007, 05:39:15 PM »
True except albert is still juicing and dosent have the state of california to run.

If the tables were turned and Arnold had the free time that beckles does youd be surprised what a little bit of juice and 3 months training could do

how do you know beckles is still juicin?

i mean, i know you're not going to know for a fact but, seriously, the guy just doesn't appear to have the look anymore.

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2007, 05:57:01 PM »
haney still looks awesome

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2007, 06:21:46 PM »
he's more concerned with his face which wasn't all that marketable in the beginning.

You're right... in THE BEGINNING.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2007, 06:10:47 AM »

Pathetic rationalizations from an Arnold groupies, including that baseless juicing claim. Just accept Al looks great for his age & also accept that Schwarzenegger's first 9-5 job was as governor; Arnold's had nothing but an easy life essentially.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2007, 06:11:48 AM »
that is the shittiest fuckin article ever, and that photo of arnold out of shape is 2-3 years ago! arnold is in much better shape now, somebody posted pics.

the guy who wrote the article was trying pull bullshit out of his ass and get some attention.

Typical defensive Arnold groupie. Endless excuses. Bottom line: the latest accident happened at extremely low speed, basically happened because of Schwarzenegger's lack of coordination coupled with the inflexible artificial hip, that didn't permit the heavy thigh bone to move. Ouch.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2007, 08:10:52 AM »
Pathetic rationalizations from an Arnold groupies...accept that Schwarzenegger's first 9-5 job was as governor; Arnold's had nothing but an easy life essentially.

I'm not much of a fan of Arnold's physique... even less so of his personality. But he didn't come from money or marry any until he was already a multimillionaire in his own right. He did a hitch in the army and laid bricks for a while, as I understand it. No honest person could say the guy doesn't have a work ethic. So the phrase "easy life" - which is almost uselessly relative to begin with - isn't one I would apply here.

Whiskey

• Getbig III
  • Team Billy Of Peace
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2007, 08:27:37 AM »
I'm not much of a fan of Arnold's physique... even less so of his personality. But he didn't come from money or marry any until he was already a multimillionaire in his own right. He did a hitch in the army and laid bricks for a while, as I understand it. No honest person could say the guy doesn't have a work ethic. So the phrase "easy life" - which is almost uselessly relative to begin with - isn't one I would apply here.
Good post,
what ever anyone says about arnold albeit his body or personality noone can deny his determination and work ethic it took to get to the top.

I guess in pumpsters mind an easy life is growing up in post war Austria,poor,having a bully for a father and brother,going into the army then moving to America without money or speaking english. ::)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2007, 01:11:17 PM »
He did a hitch in the army and laid bricks for a while
Was arnie a bricklayer???

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2007, 01:24:53 PM »
anybody have a more recent pic?...... i thought i saw one floating around where he looked pretty decent
-

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2007, 02:46:32 PM »
He did look good in the pic of him in the hospital.