Author Topic: Case #2:"TWEETER" Adonis Principles in Action  (Read 56135 times)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
Re: Case #2: Adonis Principles in Action
« Reply #375 on: February 20, 2007, 06:27:41 PM »
It is very simple. TA had previously dieted like the typical bodybuilder...chicken breast, brocolli, oatmeal, etc. He had managed to get lean but like many bodybuilders he hated having to eat these foods, he had little energy from low carbohydrates, and just did not feel well in general. Therefore, he decided that he would diet a different way for the Mr. Getbig contest. He ate whatever he wanted and did not worry about protein; he simply tried to stay within a certain calorie limit. By doing this he was able to get into great shape and lose no muscle. He also developed an equation that determines the amount of heat (note that calories are simply a unit of heat) that his body releases in a closed system. This equation can be used by anyone to determine exactly how they will look and what bodyfat percentage they will be on a given date given a certain daily caloric intake. However, in order to determine this equation for an individual person, he must get a constant, which is what he is currently doing with me. He will analyze the correlation between my calories and weight for about a month (it has been 3 weeks so far) and then determine this constant to use in his formula; this is where the fun begins. So in a nutshell, this is how the Adonis Principles developed and what they are based on.

So basically - A calorie is a calorie (minus the "mystery" equation). But that's not something "new" invented by Adonis.

However, you still don't say what are these equations & constants are (& neither has he for that matter - but I could be wrong) & how would one figure them out. I really don't expect a simple or clear answer so you don't have to try to give one.

Either way if it works for you more power to you.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #376 on: February 20, 2007, 06:37:21 PM »
Adonis hasn't told anyone, other than maybe his girlfriend, what the equation is or how to calculate it, so I don't know. I am just going to go by what info he gives me when the time comes, which should be in about a week.

I see. Believe it or not I wasn't trying to be a dick - I've only seen the "runaround" from him when asked in threads. Hence, why I didn't expect a serious answer.

Good luck to you.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #377 on: February 20, 2007, 07:02:23 PM »
You are correct. It is not like I am eating donuts every meal; sometimes I will eat that full plate of food for the sake of satiety. It's just the fact that if I want a donut, it is not off limits for me. If you enjoy eating less calorie dense foods then thats cool because that is what works for you and what you enjoy. I personally enjoy a combination of sweets and less calorie dense foods. You will notice that when I post my diet for today that I ate much more filling foods than in the past few days, just because that is what I was in the mood for.

You aren't telling me anything new.

Dorian Yates notes in his first book that he used to eat Chocolate Cake and ice cream pre-contest every once and a while for sanity's sake.

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
« Reply #378 on: February 20, 2007, 07:27:31 PM »
Yeah, no problem man. That is one of the main reasons why I wanted to make this thread...because alot of people don't really understand what TA's ideas really are and what the results will be from implementing them. I think alot of people try to make it out to be harder than it is; other than the equation, it is really quite simple. Also, just because he refers to his ideas as The Adonis Principles, people tend to think that every aspect of the diet has to be invented by him; obviously there are going to be similarities with other diets. The point is that this type of diet is new to the bodybuilding world; foods formerly considered tabboo are now permitted.

fat ass women everywhere use these type of low calorie diets and just get fat as hell..

No offense bro..However, you look like you already lost some muscle...Not stored Glycogen but actual muscle tissue..

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #379 on: February 20, 2007, 09:06:11 PM »
I really don't understand why you are dieting in the first place.

You have zero muscle over the average male.

There's no point in being a ripped 125lbs.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #380 on: February 21, 2007, 05:11:41 AM »
you losing muscle,, inother words shrinking,,in other words losing some fat and some muscle,,adjust diet to daily activity,,you are a student that is active 24/7 you need more calories,, majority of them clean with couple cheating meals per weak if cutting,,

if you were home all day long and only trained an hour at night 4 times  per week,,then your current calories would be ok,,anyother case you will shrink to a very small weight and still wont touch 6% bf,,

trust me on that,,i do it for living
fallen angel

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #381 on: February 21, 2007, 05:29:08 AM »
if u do heavy deads, barbell rows
heavy dumbell shoulder press
and compound free weights

...should get ur mass and muscularity up big time.

wow, did you think of this all by yourself. You are so ingenious, are you a personal trainer to the stars?
Here comes the money shot

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #382 on: February 21, 2007, 05:31:49 AM »
looking slimmer, but still no definition.  What are you trying to prove?

that you don't need to join Curves to look slim

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #383 on: February 21, 2007, 05:33:27 AM »
The more H2O you drink, the less you'll retain.

AAS aside (not to mention the lack of nutrition), adding muscle, muscle fullness and muscle hardness (ie: quality) will never happen with this kind of "diet"

Princess, you are forgetting that he is training to look like a marathon runner without running

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #384 on: February 21, 2007, 05:35:43 AM »
How dumb do you have to be to not understand that when you are losing weight naturally , you don't lose only fat, nomatter how much do you train or what do you eat. If he loses 30 lbs , in the best possible scenario -15 lbs will be out of fat, 10lbs - muscle, and 5 water.

lol, logic doesn't really work with adonis, he lives in a fantasy land

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #385 on: February 21, 2007, 05:39:14 AM »
what is so interesting is that he could eat 4-5 moderate meals, lift heavy, throw in a cardio session here and there and look much better

lol

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #386 on: February 21, 2007, 06:27:41 AM »
Tweeter, I'm curious about your thoughts on this...
Without knowing for sure, what are you expecting in terms of a change once TA applies his "formula?" 

You are in a calorie deficit right now, so you will lose weight.  It's still a point of debate whether you are losing fat or muscle or both, and I'm not sure this will ever be resolved.

Once TA applies his "formula" and determines the "correct" number of calories for you to be on, my expectation is that it will still result in your being in a calorie deficit, so you will still lose weight.  I.e., it's a "diet." 

What am I missing here about this formula? 
What is it going to do for you in addition to what you are doing now?  (i.e., losing weight by being in a deficit)
:)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #387 on: February 21, 2007, 07:52:42 AM »
Keep in mind that the formula can be manipulated so that you look a certain way in a certain period of time. It is not as simple as simply saying that x equals your optimal calorie intake per day in order to lose weight; that is what makes this different than other diets. I will probably just pick a weight and bodyfat % range (say 6-7) that I would like to be at by a certain date. I will then use the equation to find the correct amount of calories to do this and then try it out. Some days I will eat more calories, some days less, but in the end it will average out.

Thanks Tweeter.  I'm skeptical...but we shall see.
:)

omg

• Getbig III
  • Maybe we all just havent figured it out yet
« Reply #388 on: February 21, 2007, 12:58:18 PM »
Here is a pic I took earlier today of me in an old pair of jeans that are way too big for me now
ur arms are gonna be 13inch when ur done cutting

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #389 on: February 21, 2007, 02:13:35 PM »
you losing muscle,, inother words shrinking,,in other words losing some fat and some muscle,,adjust diet to daily activity,,you are a student that is active 24/7 you need more calories,, majority of them clean with couple cheating meals per weak if cutting,,

if you were home all day long and only trained an hour at night 4 times  per week,,then your current calories would be ok,,anyother case you will shrink to a very small weight and still wont touch 6% bf,,

You are wrong.

Trust me on that.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #390 on: February 21, 2007, 02:26:56 PM »
Good Stuff so far!

The pictures from the back are the best though!

Get some new ones from the back up!

Week One:

Week 3:

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #391 on: February 21, 2007, 03:06:01 PM »
Still a long way to go....... good improvements keep at it!

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #392 on: February 22, 2007, 05:46:26 AM »
I'm going to start listing the times that I eat everything, so here is what I have had so far today:

9 am: Donut holes    227

11 am: Banana    105

2:15 pm: 2 White Caste Burgers    310
             Small orange                  45

3:45 pm: Sushi - spicy tuna    449

lol, so from waking up to 2pm you had 332 cals?

concentration camp prisoners were not treated as bad as that

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #393 on: February 22, 2007, 10:25:40 AM »
Tweeter, I'm hugely skeptical of this Adonis's principles in general, but I've got a few questions:-

1.  Are you doing any cardio at the moment?

2.  Do you feel quite tired and lethargic from the lack of cals/carbs?

3.  How have your strength levels changed since you started?

4.  You did 12 sets for bi's after 16 sets for back, and 13 sets for tri's after 13 sets for chest; do you think this is not overtraining slightly?

5.  Lastly, you say you're going to get down to your ideal bf, then work on increasing muscle mass from there.  You can lift heavier and gain more muscle at a higher bodyweight, so would it not be better to put more muscle on first, then try and trim down?

These are honest questions.  While I doubt Adonis's claims, I am interested in how they affect people, and if you believe them, then all the best to you.

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #394 on: February 22, 2007, 11:09:04 AM »

GH, what's the least amount of cals for cutting would you recommend for a guy 250-280lbs , on gear. Do you think it's a good idea going as low as 1200-1500 cals a day?

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #395 on: February 22, 2007, 01:17:22 PM »
1. Not really; I would guess that I walk an average of 2 miles per day getting around campus. Sometimes I will play some basketball or swim a little down at the aquatic center, but not really any traditional cardio. One day I ran a mile to see if it was any easier since losing weight, and it was.
2. No, I feel very good for the most part. The only time I really feel lethargic is if I eat too many of my calories early in the day and don't have any left to eat at night, or sometimes on days when I only eat very calorie-dense foods, such as donuts and ice cream. However, my body is continually adapting to the diet and I generally feel better each day.
3. I haven't noticed any change in strength yet. Sometimes I don't feel like doing quite as many sets, but thats about it.
4. I'm not a big believer in overtraining. As long as I don't feel really run down and exhausted, I will keep on working out. I used to think that anything over like 15 sets a workout was overtraining, but I don't follow that philosophy anymore. I also do not go to failure every set. Many of my ideas on training have been influenced by Serge Nubret's philosophy.
5. Trying to "bulk up" then cut down has always been my strategy in the past, and I have always just ended up getting fat. I would rather be lean year round and actually like a bodybuilder than one of those "perma-bulkers". Also, being natural, I am not going to be able to gain that much muscle mass anyway, whether I try to bulk up or not. That being said, I don't think that staying lean prevents one from putting on muscle mass.

Thanks for the replies. 

I honestly hope this works for you, and you reach the targets you've set yourself.

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #396 on: February 22, 2007, 03:55:02 PM »
God, I would much rather do cardio 7 days a week than to eat like a fish on this diet. You have to be ingnoring mega hunger pains and empty stomach. Like dude said, 9-2 and only 332 calories thats rediculous. 

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #397 on: February 23, 2007, 04:01:38 PM »
GH, what's the least amount of cals for cutting would you recommend for a guy 250-280lbs , on gear. Do you think it's a good idea going as low as 1200-1500 cals a day?

i cant tell you exact amounts because i need to know the lifter daily activities,,and know how active he is,,,you can keep muscle going as low as 1200cal a day if on hormones,,but for optimal results you need to know your body and your daily intake needs aka the amount of calories wasted during the day,,

if you are sitting home doing nothing but resting all day long and live on your girl,,which is common in some neck of the woods,,training at night 8 to 9,,4 times a week,,,eat sleep and hormonized,,you really wont nneed much calories,,

if you are working your ass construction,,then go with your kids to swiming pool and like playing tennis with your wife,,,then go to 10 diff ativities with friends,,you will have to use more calories,,while the guy who does nothing wont have to use as much.
fallen angel

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #398 on: February 23, 2007, 07:37:05 PM »

if you are sitting home doing nothing but resting all day long and live on your girl,,which is common in some neck of the woods,,training at night 8 to 9,,4 times a week,,,eat sleep and hormonized,,you really wont nneed much calories,,

One of your funniest post yet...But also true! :)

omg

• Getbig III
  • Maybe we all just havent figured it out yet
« Reply #399 on: February 24, 2007, 02:47:27 PM »
Even though they may be smaller, they could actually look bigger due to the increased definition. I would rather have smaller arms that are cut than bigger arms with no definition. Bodybuilding is all about how you look, which alot of times is really an illusion. But to create this illusion, you have to be lean.

what do ur arms measure now