Author Topic: EXPERT TRAINER SCOTT ABLE SPEAK THE TRUTH ABOUT TODAY'S BODYBUILDING !  (Read 19813 times)

Stavios

Re: EXPERT TRAINER SCOTT ABLE SPEAK THE TRUTH ABOUT TODAY'S BODYBUILDING !
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2007, 09:52:34 AM »
are you really surprised by any of that, i don't understand that these guys take so much shit yet they're still only 260 pounds onstage, they should be at least 400 taking all that stuff.

260 onstage is pretty fucking big if you ask me  ???

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2007, 09:59:22 AM »
Nowadays you have 21 yr olds who step on stage over 260.. Get with the times, Stavios:)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2007, 10:00:26 AM »
260 onstage is pretty fucking big if you ask me  ???
not for the amount of shit they do, insulin, GH, grams and grams of roids, site injections, you'd think these guys would have 34 inch arms, 70 inch legs and 95 inch chests on all that shit, pathetic.

GreatFinn

• Getbig III
  • Havuja, perkele!?!
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2007, 01:21:59 PM »
nice writing. however we have all heard these train wreck stories before. what we need is some hard statistics and science behind it before any one will believe it.

Where do you need those statistic and science, because you will not believe which those tell you, no matter what. No one stop juicing if statistic tell him that he have 40% change to get heart or kidney problems. It is just same what they told you, average BB'er doesn't believe it...until his history prove that he can get hurt, and that you know only afterwards. Try to adopt that feeling which you get when you hear that you have less than year to live, if they doesn't find you a new heart, or when you hear that you can't survive without constant dialysis,  strict diet with very low protein and that you will need a new kidney. Our only pro, Marko Savolainen is great example of that. He stay in our history at the best BB'er ever, but with high price. When he start his training for his "comeback" he weight something like 200lb, maybe less. He told in the interview that he can easily could build up 24lb per six months, and just about year after that his weight was 260lb and rising. In that time he went to doctor because he need some tests for driving license, and that was end of it. He heard that his kidneys were just about dead, and he need to be under medication, go to dialysis 3 x week, stop eating protein, and easy off all training. Now his weight is 180lb and going down, and his bodybuilding days are done. Even if he get new kidney, he can't return, because it isn't going to work with all that crap + all drugs which you need with donated kidney. There is few questions to ask about all this; Have any of you any idea how much juice you need to use if you want to grow 24lb for every six months. Have any of you any idea how it feels, when you know that you may have to go to dialysis for next 30 years, three times for every week of your life. Do you understand that there isn't any point drive yourself in that condition at age of 30, just because you have an illusion that you may be best, because you will not ever be anything but wannabe. I don't know how many BB*ers there is in USA, but I bet there is few hundred thousands of them. Less than 1% get pro card, or any sponsorship, or any money from the sport. You have to be gifted to belong that less than 1%, you have to be gifted with abnormal system, asbestos kidneys and stainless steel heart. You have to be willing to die for it, because that is way better chance than survive it. For every living pro, there is thousands of dead, injured or burnout wannabes.     

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2007, 01:22:31 PM »
i dont really know scott or the type of relationship he and dan had. so i cant really answer that question. just read back as to what scott said. he said he tried telling dan about the dangers of over usage..and dan didnt want to listen.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink!
Much like an addict, you can counsel the person all you want, but until the day comes where that person wants to stop his/her habit, it's not going to happen.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2007, 02:54:54 PM »
Where do you need those statistic and science, because you will not believe which those tell you, no matter what. No one stop juicing if statistic tell him that he have 40% change to get heart or kidney problems. It is just same what they told you, average BB'er doesn't believe it...until his history prove that he can get hurt, and that you know only afterwards. Try to adopt that feeling which you get when you hear that you have less than year to live, if they doesn't find you a new heart, or when you hear that you can't survive without constant dialysis,  strict diet with very low protein and that you will need a new kidney. Our only pro, Marko Savolainen is great example of that. He stay in our history at the best BB'er ever, but with high price. When he start his training for his "comeback" he weight something like 200lb, maybe less. He told in the interview that he can easily could build up 24lb per six months, and just about year after that his weight was 260lb and rising. In that time he went to doctor because he need some tests for driving license, and that was end of it. He heard that his kidneys were just about dead, and he need to be under medication, go to dialysis 3 x week, stop eating protein, and easy off all training. Now his weight is 180lb and going down, and his bodybuilding days are done. Even if he get new kidney, he can't return, because it isn't going to work with all that crap + all drugs which you need with donated kidney. There is few questions to ask about all this; Have any of you any idea how much juice you need to use if you want to grow 24lb for every six months. Have any of you any idea how it feels, when you know that you may have to go to dialysis for next 30 years, three times for every week of your life. Do you understand that there isn't any point drive yourself in that condition at age of 30, just because you have an illusion that you may be best, because you will not ever be anything but wannabe. I don't know how many BB*ers there is in USA, but I bet there is few hundred thousands of them. Less than 1% get pro card, or any sponsorship, or any money from the sport. You have to be gifted to belong that less than 1%, you have to be gifted with abnormal system, asbestos kidneys and stainless steel heart. You have to be willing to die for it, because that is way better chance than survive it. For every living pro, there is thousands of dead, injured or burnout wannabes.     

DAMN.. so that's what happened to Marko? He was great, he looked great. Sad ending...

THE BAD GUY

• Getbig III
  • Some dream to get big I stay awake and get it done
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2007, 03:16:58 PM »
Scott's a funny guy he says he cant stand all the steroid abuse yet he let Scott Milne go and wouldn't train him cuz Scott M refused to take all the hight GEAR amounts ABLE was telling him to

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2007, 03:25:21 PM »

Do you have any recent pics of him?
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2007, 03:34:20 PM »
Do you have any recent pics of him?

marko didn just use anabolic steroids...sadly he also mixed it with all kinds of other drugs including heavy use of amphetamine. its due to the recreational drugs he was away from bodybuilding for long periods of time. its a sad story. he was doomed from the beginning.

Old-Skool

• Getbig III
  • Back in the Day....
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2007, 04:53:53 PM »
Scott Abel is a fkn joke. I'm from Canada and how come he never mentions that he dealt AS to all those he trained at ridiculous prices for years, had numerous local competitors near death onstage with outrageous diuretic/diet regimes, sat at Maple Leaf hockey games flexing in his spandex tank tops in the middle of fkn winter......I could go on and on and now he is holier than thou? First Class Clown!!!! Fukn hypocrite who pawns himself off as some self-proclaimed intellectual. Guys been a joke up here for a LONG time. NEXT.......

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2007, 07:54:46 PM »
Scott Abel is a fkn joke. I'm from Canada and how come he never mentions that he dealt AS to all those he trained at ridiculous prices for years, had numerous local competitors near death onstage with outrageous diuretic/diet regimes, sat at Maple Leaf hockey games flexing in his spandex tank tops in the middle of fkn winter......I could go on and on and now he is holier than thou? First Class Clown!!!! Fukn hypocrite who pawns himself off as some self-proclaimed intellectual. Guys been a joke up here for a LONG time. NEXT.......
thats your opinion

but he knows his stuff and his competitors do well.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2007, 07:58:37 PM »
What exactly happened and any idea what caused it, I mean a bit more specifically? He says both his kidneys and liver shut down, plus heart trouble.

i dont really want to get too much into his personal health issues. thats for him to tell. all i will say and know is that he had previous health issues(heart) before any gear was involved. add that to high gear use and you have problems.

not sure about his kidney and liver problems.

Stavios

« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2007, 08:48:10 PM »
yeah everyone is entitled to their opinion about Scott.

I never met him but from what I read he seems like a good guy

Mr. Michael Moore

• Getbig IV
  • A pretty good weight, for a small woman !
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2007, 11:52:25 AM »

Awesome post, thank you very much.

Could you care to elaborate a little bit more on the actual situation Savolainen is facing, nowadays? Thanks in advance.
Train forever !

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2007, 12:19:26 PM »
I didn't want to copie it here cause it is a long ass blog but he says a lot of interesting things
Come on.
Copie - Copy

Good article.  People who abuse gear for a trophy or just to be "jacked" are simply fools.  Exactly why I don't take anything because if I did, I'd be one of those fools who takes enormous amounts...hahah
It's just too progressive.  First its gear, then GH, then IGF-1, esciline, etc.  It's no longer bodybuilding, but a science experiment.  And the whole "do anything to win" attitude, is a garbage cover up for hardcore drug abusers.
"I play to win!!"
Yeah, that state fair trophy is yours! hahah  And it only cost you $1500.  Classic.
N

GreatFinn

• Getbig III
  • Havuja, perkele!?!
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2007, 12:27:12 PM »

Awesome post, thank you very much.

Could you care to elaborate a little bit more on the actual situation Savolainen is facing, nowadays? Thanks in advance.

That is actual situation, nowadays. Dialysis 3 times a week, not much hope about organ donor, he is training very lightly, some kickboxing, some weight training. He have a doctors order to diet down to under 80kilos/160lb, which is in near future. He can intake something like 0,2grams of protein per kilo of body weight, he may drink about 0.2 gal/day etc. He is still looking good, in fact he looks much younger now when he have stop juicing. What comes his past with rec drugs, amphetamine etc. he wasn't any heavy user. He was hooked on that shit, but he wasn't narc, like some seem to think. He used that shit to boost up his training, which isn't good idea at all, and it last quite short period, year or so. Not a big deal.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2007, 12:30:32 PM »
That is actual situation, nowadays. Dialysis 3 times a week, not much hope about organ donor, he is training very lightly, some kickboxing, some weight training. He have a doctors order to diet down to under 80kilos/160lb, which is in near future. He can intake something like 0,2grams of protein per kilo of body weight, he may drink about 0.2 gal/day etc. He is still looking good, in fact he looks much younger now when he have stop juicing. What comes his past with rec drugs, amphetamine etc. he wasn't any heavy user. He was hooked on that shit, but he wasn't narc, like some seem to think. He used that shit to boost up his training, which isn't good idea at all, and it last quite short period, year or so. Not a big deal.

Dude, that's sad! Marko was an inspiration to me to train and lift weights when I was a teen. He was a mass monster and a freak. That his bbing career should end this way without him having made an impact is sad...

This is a sport that swallows young men, chews them up, and spits them out with diminished health, or so it seems...

GreatFinn

• Getbig III
  • Havuja, perkele!?!
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2007, 01:00:17 PM »
Come on.
Copie - Copy

Good article.  People who abuse gear for a trophy or just to be "jacked" are simply fools.  Exactly why I don't take anything because if I did, I'd be one of those fools who takes enormous amounts...hahah
It's just too progressive.  First its gear, then GH, then IGF-1, esciline, etc.  It's no longer bodybuilding, but a science experiment.  And the whole "do anything to win" attitude, is a garbage cover up for hardcore drug abusers.
"I play to win!!"
Yeah, that state fair trophy is yours! hahah  And it only cost you $1500.  Classic.

I have been trying to find one article which I read few years ago, it was a study where some univercity was compared three group of people:

1. Group who are natural bodybuilders with good top of the line nutriments and proper way of training
2. Group who just take drugs, no training at all but same nutriments like group 1
3. Group who use drugs, and train like group 1 with same nutriments like group 1

Group 3 had a best rise of clean muscle mass, some crazy ponds for that short period of time, but only with a very short lead to group 2. Group 1 stay standing in the cloud of dust.

Science experiments, just like you say. Nothing to do with sport or genetics in that way it used to be in early days. Now your genetics is needed only for one reason. Your genetics is only protection against those drugs in your system. If your genetics doesn't work to your favor, you may end up like Marko Savolainen, trying lost your body mass as fast as you can because it may kill you before your 35'th birthday . If your ancestors was living in trees, your forehead is 2" thick and you can digest hub cap's, maybe you could have a shot for pro card after 10 to 20 years of super heavy juicing. Hey, even Jay or Kamali eventually had it.  

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2007, 01:19:08 PM »
Scott Able knows his shit but this read is also a classic situation of the pot calling the kettle black. He uses all kinds of gear/insilin/hgh as well as the people he claims are dying. I seen him in the square one shopping center in Mississauga, Ontario and he was fucking HUGE and sliced. Very freaky looking.

PB

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2007, 01:34:34 PM »
Dan never claimed he was natural
come on he turned pro as a super-heavy
Yes he did, in fact if you do a search on mayhem you will find at least one thread where says this (right after his pro card)

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2007, 02:27:25 PM »
Anyone know of Franco Santoriello? BBer that trained clients in a local gym near my place. A friend of mine was good friends with him. Hes an example of a steroid user and rec drug abuser. Guy was into coke,meth, booze, weed. Got caught with meth police searched his house found a bunch of gear sent his ass to jail. He was a real mess, I dunno what he does now, he may still be in jail. A shame considering he has a family with 2 kids.

Mr. Michael Moore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2007, 08:41:21 PM »
Anyone know of Franco Santoriello? BBer that trained clients in a local gym near my place. A friend of mine was good friends with him. Hes an example of a steroid user and rec drug abuser. Guy was into coke,meth, booze, weed. Got caught with meth police searched his house found a bunch of gear sent his ass to jail. He was a real mess, I dunno what he does now, he may still be in jail. A shame considering he has a family with 2 kids.

Holy shit, man, that is a traggedy!!! :'(

Santoriello was THE MAN!!! Great bodybuilder with humonguous quads (they resembled Phil Hernon's a lot) and a tiny waist. Fucking terrible way to fade.... :-\

He was the cover boy for the Cybergenics supplement kit that was a success in the early 90s. What a shame....don't even get me started with Paul deMayo... :'( :'( :'(

Somebody could dig up the interview DeMayo has done with Trevor Smith for his now demised website Nuclear Nutrition.....a real shame Paul's carrer ending....

What the fuck is this sport we all learned to love, guys????? >:(
Train forever !

Mr. Michael Moore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2007, 08:52:43 PM »
Scott Abel was all over the place around 2000, 2001. In every edition of Musclemag international there was a piece written by him. Greg Zulak used to talk about him a lot in his UNCENSORED column, now a Muscletech official piece of shit advertising in the mag.

Speaking of Muscletech, Scott used to be in their payroll, because I'm sure there was a lot of ads featuring Abel's pics endorsing Muscletech products. Abel has fucked up his lower back pretty badly, and went on hernia surgery to have it repaired. He came up with his shitty training protocol called INERVATION TRAINING, that he never went on explaining well what is that all about. I guess it was another piece of marketing shit or something.

Be that as it may, I don't think what Scott has said is a total waste or b.s.,just because of the source. The guy may have pretty well taken his own poison at some time, but that is not able to throw his points out in the garbage, because they are very very valid. I'm glad someone comes clean from time to time in the sport, mainly because these guys were in the making of things as we were whatching the scene unfold before our eyes. So their testmony is very regarded as someone testifying things that they happened to witness from a first observer point of view.

I still think Scott Milne could have done a lot better to himself in the sport. If Abel is the one to blame for Milne's fiasco, it's a real shame. :-\  The guy was a monster.
Train forever !

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2007, 10:21:31 AM »
I could be wrong but I don't think he trains bodybuilders

::)

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2007, 07:03:25 PM »

meth and coke are in every party im invited to,,i dont touch it but plenty competetive pros and amatuers use it to cut and dry out,,,i can say names but i dont wanna bring them down on a board,, its a lot more than you think,, i estimate it at 10% of all competetive bodybuilders,,you do the math

what ever this loonaateek abel is saying now,,involves a lot more than hormones,,the problems are created WHEN YOU HAVE PRE EXISISTING CONDITION YOU WERE NOT AWARE OF,,OR WHEN EVER YOU USE NARCS AND PAIN KILLERS IN ADDITION TO HORMONES,,

hormones by themselves DO NOT cause problems unless you abuse them at the 10+ grams a week for years over years none stop,, and i mean good 10-15 years none stop at those doses,,and its rare even for us pros
fallen angel