Author Topic: Do you guys think the judges will screw Rusty at the Ironman too ?  (Read 7256 times)

Stavios

Re: Do you guys think the judges will screw Rusty at the Ironman too ?
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2007, 12:11:19 PM »
Everyone reads getbig.

Ask anyone what the biggest judging sham of 2006 was.

You'll see a little clown waving.

Exactly !
the more we talk about it, the more the judges will stop fucking up the placings  >:(

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2007, 12:54:59 PM »
I hope not the guy has a great physique......

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2007, 12:57:45 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me if he did.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2007, 08:06:41 PM »
No.  I predict that they will judge that contest (more) fairly.  The reason is that the Ironman has been around for a long while; 16 years I think.  It is a smaller show but it has a kind of institutional credibility that they have to be mindful of and protect.  By contrast the “2006 Masters Professional World Champion” had no history, no credibility to maintain, and no future prospect. That contest never existed before and will never be staged again; that alone has the scent of fraud.

I'm not saying Rusty should or will win, but the coming Ironman can boost its credibility with honest placings.

It could be put on every year for the next 10 years...all it needs is a promoter willing to put up the sanction fee and prize money...

Do it yourself, promote the hell out of it...get involved.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2007, 08:14:17 PM »
It could be put on every year for the next 10 years...all it needs is a promoter willing to put up the sanction fee and prize money...

Translation:    Bob begged Ryan to buy him another title, but was told "no".  ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2007, 08:18:39 PM »
3 weeks out
dude has some huge calves
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2007, 06:54:27 AM »

Do it yourself, promote the hell out of it...get involved.

If I were to get involved in such a contest, or more specifically, if I were to sponsor or put up money, I would be invested in the outcome and expect to have influence on the final placings.  And that brings us back to the problem with the outcome of the “2006 Masters Professional World Champion.”  :-\

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2007, 08:01:14 AM »
GetBig has influence to make some real positive changes.

Remember what John Romano said after the Mr Getbig and the stupid pic of fake amature Phou Phoulan with the womans wig on appeared in his magazine making us all look like fools. "You guys underestimated yourselves."

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2007, 08:10:56 AM »
I hope not he is the most under rated pro out there right now.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2007, 08:40:42 AM »
If I were to get involved in such a contest, or more specifically, if I were to sponsor or put up money, I would be invested in the outcome and expect to have influence on the final placings.  And that brings us back to the problem with the outcome of the “2006 Masters Professional World Champion.”  :-\

You're not making any sense....so what was the "problem with the outcome"? What conflict do you imagine there was?

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2007, 08:45:19 AM »
I think Chick deserved the victory..... bodybuilding is not only about aesthetics..... though personally I would rather have Rusty's physique

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2007, 03:53:06 PM »
You're not making any sense....so what was the "problem with the outcome"? What conflict do you imagine there was?

Take yourself out of the equation, if you can.  Any objective person—even those who know nothing about bodybuilding—can see the problem with Rusty placing eighth.  If you can’t see the problem with the placings . . . there is no point in continuing the dialogue.  :(

Once the credibility of the placing is very obviously compromised, the contest has no credence.  I suspect the Ironman will go a decidedly different route.

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2007, 03:55:40 PM »
Is this shit between Chic vs. Rusty should've won that contest any similar to ARNOLD vs. SERGIO??

Get over it already, there's 1,000 more shows in the future. Cry babies c'mon show some coconut balls hard like steel
#

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2007, 03:58:06 PM »
Get over it already, there's 1,000 more shows in the future.

if only that were true.   There had not been a pro Masters competition since 2003.  Doesn't look like there will be one this year.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2007, 04:14:18 PM »
Take yourself out of the equation, if you can.  Any objective person—even those who know nothing about bodybuilding—can see the problem with Rusty placing eighth.  If you can’t see the problem with the placings . . . there is no point in continuing the dialogue.  :(

Once the credibility of the placing is very obviously compromised, the contest has no credence.  I suspect the Ironman will go a decidedly different route.

Your STILL not saying what you think the problem is (was).....you're talking about sponsorsips, judging, etc....spel it out already.

If your contending Rusty should have placed higher...your right...I think he should have placed higher also.

What route will the Ironman go? Rusty will place 12-13th, as he should...and then what?? Another conspiracy?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2007, 04:25:04 PM »
Your STILL not saying what you think the problem is (was).....you're talking about sponsorsips, judging, etc....spel it out already.

If your contending Rusty should have placed higher...your right...I think he should have placed higher also.

What route will the Ironman go? Rusty will place 12-13th, as he should...and then what?? Another conspiracy?

You could never beat Rusty in a fair contest.
just push some weight!

luv2build

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2007, 04:27:46 PM »
He will only be screwed if Chic is competing

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2007, 04:29:38 PM »
You could never beat Rusty in a fair contest.

I competed against Rusty many times before the MWC...and beat him every time...were al those contests unfair as well?

luv2build

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2007, 04:34:52 PM »
No just the last one

luv2build

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2007, 04:36:34 PM »
and before you get all bent out of shape over this one.  It is not a personal attack, just an opinion.   You still won the title.

body88

« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2007, 04:45:05 PM »
I competed against Rusty many times before the MWC...and beat him every time...were al those contests unfair as well?

You think Rusty being placed 8th in that contest does not hurt the credibility of the judging? That is just ludicrous. There is no way any subjective judge could place Rusty in eighth. Claude presented one of the  worst packages to ever step on a pro stage in that show. Yet , he places ahead of Rusty, who should have been in AT LEAST second place.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2007, 05:07:46 PM »

No probably not.  But the last one was, thats a fact.  Everyone knows it but you.  Give Manion some truth serum and ask him.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2007, 06:22:42 PM »
So where would you have placed Rusty, Keith?

body88

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2007, 06:24:53 PM »
So where would you have placed Rusty, Keith?

You think Rusty being placed 8th in that contest does not hurt the credibility of the judging? That is just ludicrous. There is no way any subjective judge could place Rusty in eighth. Claude presented one of the  worst packages to ever step on a pro stage in that show. Yet , he places ahead of Rusty, who should have been in AT LEAST second place.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2007, 06:30:52 PM »
Of course it does...

That being said...it's a preference. Rusty was soft during the PJ...some judges will automatically mark you way down for not being conditioned, and will place more conditioned guys ahead of you even though they have less symmetrical/ balanced physiques.

Beleiev me..I had my share of it for a looong time. I clearly had the better physique, better symmetry, better proportion, better balance....but soft....and I was placed accordingly.