Author Topic: Pre-Contest Chicken Breast Tip  (Read 2421 times)

willdafrog

• Getbig II
Pre-Contest Chicken Breast Tip
« on: February 08, 2007, 02:39:45 AM »

I know many of you are getting ready for spring and summer contests. 

Assuming your eating tons of dry chicken breast a week, I have a tip to make them more tasty, juicy and palatable.

What you want to do is brine your chicken breast for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator before grilling or pan frying.

(Brine means to place the raw chicken breast in a solution of water of salt.) 

Here is safe formula for most of you:

For every 5 pounds of chicken breast, use at least 1/2 gallon of water and 5 tablespoons of salt (enough water to fully submerge the chicken in the brine)

You can adjust the number of tablespoons according to your preference of taste or sodium intake allowance. 

I would use no less than 3 tablespoons of salt and no more than 10 tablespoon of salt.

If you are grilling, you can place it straight onto the grill from the brine solution.

If you are pan frying, make sure to dry the chicken breast on paper towels before frying (if you don’t; you will see how hot oil and water don’t get along to well).

Suggestion: Sprinkle Black Pepper (and dry herbs, if you like them) on both sides of the chicken breast before cooking.  Eating a pre-contest diet doesn’t have to taste bad =) 

My background: I have been studying cooking for over 5 years, so I know a little bit about taste and food preparation.

Good Luck everyone on your contest prep!!!             

TestDummy

• Getbig IV
  • 5%
Re: Pre-Contest Chicken Breast Tip
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 02:48:43 AM »
now I'm hungry................

willdafrog

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 03:39:27 AM »
Some info to go along with this thread:

This info is taken from bodybuilding.com from the article make your muscles grow: (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/vm17.htm)

Maintain A Normal Sodium Intake!

"2000-3000 mg of sodium is a reasonable level. If you train intensely, more may be necessary to replace what has been lost during activity. Sodium is an important cellular regulator and far too many people focus on eliminating sodium from their diets. The impact of this is beyond the scope of this article, but suffice it to say, don't go overboard in eliminating sodium intake. Adequate (but not excessive) intake may help you grow."

For your information: 1/4 tsp has 590mg

willdafrog

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 03:42:38 AM »
One word for people who don't understand sodium loading and water retention/excretion in relation to pre-contest diet:

"Homeostasis"

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 03:47:29 AM »

Assuming your eating tons of dry chicken breast a week, I have a tip to make them more tasty, juicy and palatable.

What you want to do is brine your chicken breast for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator before grilling or pan frying.

For every 5 pounds of chicken breast, use at least 1/2 gallon of water and 5 tablespoons of salt (enough water to fully submerge the chicken in the brine)

You can adjust the number of tablespoons according to your preference of taste or sodium intake allowance. 

I would use no less than 3 tablespoons of salt and no more than 10 tablespoon of salt.

If you are grilling, you can place it straight onto the grill from the brine solution.

If you are pan frying, make sure to dry the chicken breast on paper towels before frying (if you don’t; you will see how hot oil and water don’t get along to well).

Suggestion: Sprinkle Black Pepper (and dry herbs, if you like them) on both sides of the chicken breast before cooking.  Eating a pre-contest diet doesn’t have to taste bad =) 

My background: I have been studying cooking for over 5 years, so I know a little bit about taste and food preparation.

damn, that's too much work.

think i'll go with the 'adonis principles' and have a donut instead.

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 04:30:43 AM »

hahaha justification of unhealthy eating!

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 05:48:05 AM »
hahaha justification of unhealthy eating!

well, the donut will be lower in sodium, which could be a factor pre-contest. ;D

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 09:02:57 AM »
John Ramano's chicken Breast Tip:

1 dry chicken breast
1 cup of tuna
2 Dianabol caps
1 cup water
Have 1 plastic bowl near by

Blend and chug down -puke as needed into the plastic bowl and then re-eat up-chucked chicken/tuna shake until done.
K

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 09:09:34 AM »
Wrong forum.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 10:38:35 AM »

1 dry chicken breast
1 cup of tuna
2 Dianabol caps
1 cup water

Blend and chug down -puke as needed into the plastic bowl and then re-eat up-chucked chicken/tuna shake until done.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHA, RON.....

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
  • Team What The Fuck?!?!?!
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 10:41:29 AM »

1 dry chicken breast
1 cup of tuna
2 Dianabol caps
1 cup water

anyone who posts a Romano recommended recipe is obviously forgetting the main ingredient in that mans diet...  semen.  and lots of it. 
F

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 10:43:10 AM »

me too, after all "a calorie is a calorie"  ::)
tiny-tit bounty hunter

Mr Gethin

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 04:08:43 PM »
Tip - if you a b blood type eating chicken prior to contest you will more than likely hold water. Cut out a couple weeks out and see the change in condition in a couple of days ;)

www.kagedmuscle.com
Deputy Editor

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 04:15:22 PM »
I honestly like baked my chicken breasts smothered with cooked onions and green peppers.

Very simple and very good.

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2007, 06:46:54 AM »

Oh good shit, I was always wondering why my chicken tasted like road kill....

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2007, 08:51:28 AM »
yeah, pre-contest soaking your food in salt has to be a great idea.  ::)

elspecimino

• Getbig III
  • hulk hogan=largest arms in the world
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2007, 08:47:40 AM »
Be a man and eat it plain.