Author Topic: Carbing up in Arnold's day vs Carbing up now  (Read 1183 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Carbing up in Arnold's day vs Carbing up now
« on: February 20, 2007, 12:16:17 PM »
I think back in the 70's carbing up meant eating a couple slices of wheat bread, a potato and some fresh fruit. Maybe a salad too.

Today some guys hit 800-1200 grams of carbs for 3 days during the carb up process. That alone can make any stomach look bloated. (obviously some guys have HGH organs too).

But seriously, when did carbing up get so over the top that guys constantly "spill over" and miss their peak?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: Carbing up in Arnold's day vs Carbing up now
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 12:21:46 PM »
I think back in the 70's carbing up meant eating a couple slices of wheat bread, a potato and some fresh fruit. Maybe a salad too.

Today some guys hit 800-1200 grams of carbs for 3 days during the carb up process. That alone can make any stomach look bloated. (obviously some guys have HGH organs too).

But seriously, when did carbing up get so over the top that guys constantly "spill over" and miss their peak?

people need to understand that nothing is bad for you in moderation, some of these bodybuilders act like they just ran a marathon or just did a triatnlon, i've said it before and i'll say it again THERE IS NO BODYBUILDER ON EARTH WHO NEEDS 800-1000 CARBS AND 400 PLUS GRAMS OF PROTEIN DAILY, it is impossible to break down enough muscle to require that many nutrients from just a weight training workout no matter how much you lift.