Author Topic: Revelation: The Iraqi WMDs *were* hidden  (Read 5131 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Revelation: The Iraqi WMDs *were* hidden
« on: February 20, 2007, 03:10:22 PM »

Q: How did Bush know that Iraq had WMDs?

A: Because the U.S. had supplied them to Iraq during the Iran-Iraq war.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
Re: Revelation: The Iraqi WMDs *were* hidden
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 03:15:59 PM »
Q: How did Bush know that Iraq had WMDs?

A: Because the U.S. had supplied them to Iraq during the Iran-Iraq war.

Wrong.  I've already posted extensively on this issue - The US NEVER provided Iraq with weapons of any sort.  Do some research.
Thread Killer

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 03:23:44 PM »
Wrong.  I've already posted extensively on this issue - The US NEVER provided Iraq with weapons of any sort.  Do some research.

bruce, although i agree with alot of your posts, i respectfully disagree.

they did supply saddam with weapons during the iran/iraq war.  it was only to stop the fanatical aiatola in iran from invading the oil fields.  at the time it was the right thing to do.
W

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 03:27:44 PM »
bruce, although i agree with alot of your posts, i respectfully disagree.

they did supply saddam with weapons during the iran/iraq war.  it was only to stop the fanatical aiatola in iran from invading the oil fields.  at the time it was the right thing to do.

I appreciate your respectful debate, MM, but they didn't.  I can again prove using the US Sentate inquiry, a UN report and one from the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute that this is indeed the case.

The US did not support Iraq in its unjust war against Iran.
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 03:48:03 PM »

we gave deadly strains of things like bubonic plague, mustard gas, and I think smallpox, to Iraqi universities.

Saddam was waiting to take them from the universities and then used to to kill rebels in his nation and Iranians they were at war with. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 03:51:13 PM »
The US did not support Iraq in its unjust war against Iran.

Huh?

Maybe 'they' were just lying to us at the time, but back then, the U.S. was very pro-Iraq after what had happened in Iran in 1979.

But it wasn't so much about supporting Iraq, it was about access to oil fields and testing out new weapons.  The U.S. has *always* conducted its weapons testing on foreign soil (such as the recent Israel-Hezbollah conflict). 

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 03:53:02 PM »
we gave deadly strains of things like bubonic plague, mustard gas, and I think smallpox, to Iraqi universities.

Saddam was waiting to take them from the universities and then used to to kill rebels in his nation and Iranians they were at war with. 

The US did not, Rob.  I've proven this to you already.  You're right to say some bacteria strains were given to Iraqi universities, but these were to help people, not kill them.  The US was simple 'naive' as the UN weapons inspectors were quoted as saying.

Bottom line, Saddam made his own weapons and used them accordingly, the US never supported him in doing so.

The mustard gas allegation is a horrendous lie.
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 03:54:32 PM »
The US did not, Rob.  I've proven this to you already.  You're right to say some bacteria strains were given to Iraqi universities, but these were to help people, not kill them.  The US was simple 'naive' as the UN weapons inspectors were quoted as saying.

Bottom line, Saddam made his own weapons and used them accordingly, the US never supported him in doing so.

The mustard gas allegation is a horrendous lie.

1) How did Saddam get the mustard gas?
2) Who was the irresponsible jackass who gave Saddam (losing a war to iran and control of his own nation) access to THE BUBONIC PLAGUE for research?

Shit man, if there's a clearer case of "we'll deliver all the shit to this address on this date - hope nobody steals it ;)", I've yet to see it.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 03:56:48 PM »
1) How did Saddam get the mustard gas?
2) Who was the irresponsible jackass who gave Saddam (losing a war to iran and control of his own nation) access to THE BUBONIC PLAGUE for research?

Shit man, if there's a clearer case of "we'll deliver all the shit to this address on this date - hope nobody steals it ;)", I've yet to see it.

The first part; I don't know, but it wasn't the US.  Perhaps look at his close ties with the Russians, French and Germans.

Your bubonic plague statement is false, the US didn't give anything to Saddam.
Thread Killer

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 04:08:56 PM »
http://www.iranchamber.com/history/articles/iran_iraq_war_american_interest.php

Mighty the way I read this is we provided guns and bullets.  It doesn't say we gave him chemical or biological weapons (unless I just missed that part).  It sounds you're saying we gave them conventional weapons and Bruce is saying we never gave the WMDs?   

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 04:12:52 PM »
Mighty the way I read this is we provided guns and bullets.  It doesn't say we gave him chemical or biological weapons (unless I just missed that part).  It sounds you're saying we gave them conventional weapons and Bruce is saying we never gave the WMDs?   

I'm saying we gave them neither, and can prove it too, BB.

But you're right to point out these weapons in question aren't WMD, proving again the frivolity of these claims.
Thread Killer

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2007, 04:17:36 PM »

this is from the same article:

A US Senate inquiry in 1995 accidentally revealed that during the Iran-Iraq war the US had sent Iraq samples of all the strains of germs used by the latter to make biological weapons. The strains were sent by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention [sic] and the American Type Culture Collection to the same sites in Iraq that UN weapons inspectors later determined were part of Iraq’s biological weapons programme (Times of India, 2/10/02).

i have seen two seperate shows on the history channel stating the US help saddam. 
of course he used these against the kurds not long after but people try to tie these two together. 
W

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 04:21:27 PM »
I'm saying we gave them neither, and can prove it too, BB.

But you're right to point out these weapons in question aren't WMD, proving again the frivolity of these claims.

You've convinced me earlier that we did not provide the weapons Saddam used on the Kurds.  I had previously accepted this as a fact. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007, 04:22:40 PM »

A US Senate inquiry in 1995 accidentally revealed that during the Iran-Iraq war the US had sent Iraq samples of all the strains of germs used by the latter to make biological weapons. The strains were sent by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention [sic] and the American Type Culture Collection to the same sites in Iraq that UN weapons inspectors later determined were part of Iraq’s biological weapons programme (Times of India, 2/10/02).

i have seen two seperate shows on the history channel stating the US help saddam. 
of course he used these against the kurds not long after but people try to tie these two together. 

He used gas (i.e., chemical weapons) on the Kurds, not biological weapons, no? 

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2007, 04:23:52 PM »
You've convinced me earlier that we did not provide the weapons Saddam used on the Kurds.  I had previously accepted this as a fact. 

You did, BB - and I thank you for your open-mindedness on this issue.

Keep in mind that I was using it in the context of Saddam's gassing of the Kurds in that thread, however I do extend it to the Iran/Iraq war also.
Thread Killer

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2007, 04:31:47 PM »

Yep, but that sure as hell isn't giving Saddam WMD.
Thread Killer

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2007, 04:41:03 PM »
He used gas (i.e., chemical weapons) on the Kurds, not biological weapons, no? 

i believe he used mustard gas on the kurds, but i could be wrong

W

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2007, 04:46:48 PM »
Yep, but that sure as hell isn't giving Saddam WMD.

no, we didn't say "here saddam, go mutilate your own people".
i've heard people try to bridge us giving him weapons and the killing of the kurds.
simply not true. 
although anyone can wrap their own political spin around why we sold him weapons, the truth is the aiatola in iran was the real issue.
W

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2007, 04:53:57 PM »
no, we didn't say "here saddam, go mutilate your own people".
i've heard people try to bridge us giving him weapons and the killing of the kurds.
simply not true. 
although anyone can wrap their own political spin around why we sold him weapons, the truth is the aiatola in iran was the real issue.

In my experience, people (the Left) will always try and put the worst spin on any geopolitical issue involving The US, regardless of how delightfully ignorant their view is.
Thread Killer

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2007, 04:58:49 PM »
In my experience, people (the Left) will always try and put the worst spin on any geopolitical issue involving The US, regardless of how delightfully ignorant their view is.

see, now this is where you and i agree.
the lefties will take info like i provided and run with it like forrest gump.

W

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2007, 05:11:14 PM »

i believe he used mustard gas on the kurds, but i could be wrong

It has been many moons since I "studied" this, but chemical and biological weapons are not the same.  I think chemical agents kill you pretty quickly, while biological agents (germs, etc.) work more slowly.  Mustard gas would be a chemical agent.  Don't quote me on any of this.   :)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2007, 05:15:10 PM »
It has been many moons since I "studied" this, but chemical and biological weapons are not the same.  I think chemical agents kill you pretty quickly, while biological agents (germs, etc.) work more slowly.  Mustard gas would be a chemical agent.  Don't quote me on any of this.   :)

Mustard Gas = chemical weapon
Anthrax = biological

Saddam used chemical WMD on the Kurds.
Thread Killer

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2007, 05:21:54 PM »

chemical weapons eat your flesh and organs.  you would die in a few hours.

biological weapons is also known as germ warfare.  spreading major diseases.

sorry, i quoted you.   :)
W

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2007, 08:03:55 PM »

So you're telling me that Iran was wrong to hate Britain and the U.S. so much after they overthrew the king that WE had installed there in Iran??