Author Topic: Who decided that the mother's "rights" outweighed the baby's rights?  (Read 24820 times)

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
Re: Who decided that the mother's "rights" outweighed the baby's rights?
« Reply #200 on: February 23, 2007, 03:50:28 PM »
I'll be addressing this in essay form for our Cage showdown.  Which reminds me, I've still gotta get my rules proposal to Berserker.

Do you believe that abortions should be made illegal or not?
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #201 on: February 23, 2007, 04:02:26 PM »
Do you believe that abortions should be made illegal or not?

All abortions illegal?  Absolutely not.
Thread Killer

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #202 on: February 23, 2007, 04:05:17 PM »
All abortions illegal?  Absolutely not.

Good. We might agree a bit more than Debussey thought.

Let us bring some haters to comment on the cage fight to make it interesting. Mightymouse72 = a good candidate. Both stupid and brainwashed. His vote should not count though.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #203 on: February 23, 2007, 04:20:01 PM »
Good. We might agree a bit more than Debussey thought.

Let us bring some haters to comment on the cage fight to make it interesting. Mightymouse72 = a good candidate. Both stupid and brainwashed. His vote should not count though.

Let me just make it clear again that as an agnostic conservative, I don't follow any particular piety (religious Right or Left), which allows me to make what I would consider to be more pragmatic assessments of complex issues such as this.  Having said that, you will notice I do tend to agree more with those who use their religion to defend lives, rather than take them.  I have a great appreciation for much of the belief system that makes the Christian faith, even though I am far from a believer.
Thread Killer

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #204 on: February 24, 2007, 10:12:21 AM »
I agree.

But the higher percentage the better IMO.

I certainly believe that the only way to make that happen is if condoms are widely available and the importance of protection from STD's is discussed with teens.

Some people argue that sex ed and condom availability leads to increased promiscusity among youth.

I doubt that very much.

Condoms are not more available and sex education in schools have been limited over the last 20 years.

Yet, teens are contracting more STD's and having more sex than they did back then.

So sex ed could actually serve to give some straight, boring and dull info, instead of the Britney Spears and Paris Hilton image that the teens are fed 24/7.

-Hedge

I'm not so sure about this.  Condoms are widely available now.  You walk into any 7-11, Safeway, Foodland, Longs, etc. and buy them.  I am pretty sure you can get them at Planned Parenthood and any number of clinics throughout the cities.  I think I heard some schools have condom dispensers in bathrooms?  (Cannot remember exactly).  But they are there if guys want to use them. 

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #205 on: February 24, 2007, 05:43:27 PM »
One thing people aren't adressing is culture. Generally irresponsible and poorer people tend to breed faster and have higher rates of STDs. You see this in ghetto areas, but not among all demographics. You don't see Indians or Asians that own the corner gas station fathering 6 babies.

The whole Hip-hop culture preaches irresponsible behavior. You want to adress issues such as birth control, crime and sexual, then start by looking into ways to supress the whole hip-hop culture.

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #206 on: February 24, 2007, 06:37:11 PM »
The hip hop culture has gone world wide.

I believe it begins (1) at home (2) education

Anything other than that has a finacial/political smell to it.
Follow the money.  Or the religion.

So, for those that are parents...."teach your children well"

Sandra

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: February 24, 2007, 11:12:31 PM »
One thing people aren't adressing is culture. Generally irresponsible and poorer people tend to breed faster and have higher rates of STDs. You see this in ghetto areas, but not among all demographics. You don't see Indians or Asians that own the corner gas station fathering 6 babies.

Says the man who has never been to Hawaii. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: February 24, 2007, 11:58:15 PM »

I believe it begins (1) at home (2) education

I agree.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: February 25, 2007, 08:45:55 AM »
Says the man who has never been to Hawaii. 

I'm sure hawaii has many ghetto areas.  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: February 25, 2007, 09:35:15 AM »
I'm sure hawaii has many ghetto areas.  ::)

Now I KNOW you've never been to Hawaii.   :)  Many of our towns are smaller versions what you see on the mainland, without much of the violent crime.  And there are plenty of Asians who commit crimes in Hawaii.  That's the point I was addressing.  I posted an article a while back about the most wanted criminals in Hawaii.  Plenty of Asians on the list.   

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: February 25, 2007, 01:08:41 PM »
Now I KNOW you've never been to Hawaii.   :)  Many of our towns are smaller versions what you see on the mainland, without much of the violent crime.  And there are plenty of Asians who commit crimes in Hawaii.  That's the point I was addressing.  I posted an article a while back about the most wanted criminals in Hawaii.  Plenty of Asians on the list.   

Well of course, as there are tons of asians in Hawaii and some are bound to commit crimes.  ::)

My point is on culture, not ethnic background. Black people and hispanics are the one's acting ghetto and they're the one's getting into trouble and having illegitimate children. And no matter what you say, mainland America is a lot different from Hawaii.

ps I live in NYC and the content of my posts come from observations I've made in the 5 boroughs. I live in the big city and I think my observations are pretty valid.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #212 on: February 25, 2007, 01:27:28 PM »

The root of most of it seems to be "Meth"

The same thing that's rotting the mainland from within.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: February 25, 2007, 05:02:26 PM »
Well of course, as there are tons of asians in Hawaii and some are bound to commit crimes.  ::)

My point is on culture, not ethnic background. Black people and hispanics are the one's acting ghetto and they're the one's getting into trouble and having illegitimate children. And no matter what you say, mainland America is a lot different from Hawaii.

ps I live in NYC and the content of my posts come from observations I've made in the 5 boroughs. I live in the big city and I think my observations are pretty valid.

What you're doing is painting entire races with a broad brush.  What I'm trying to say is it color/ethnicity is irrelevant.  It is about income and education.  Crime correlates with those two much more than it does with race/ethnicity.

It is the poor and uneducated Asians, Hawaiians, whites, blacks, etc. in Hawaii who commit most of the crime in Hawaii, just like they do on the mainland.  And yes, Hawaii is much different than the mainland overall.  We have the same kinds of problems, they're just much smaller.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: February 25, 2007, 05:03:27 PM »
The root of most of it seems to be "Meth"

The same thing that's rotting the mainland from within.

It's actually "ice" that has been a real scourge here.  Really big problem.