Author Topic: A stinging *left-wing* critique of the Clintons  (Read 713 times)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
A stinging *left-wing* critique of the Clintons
« on: February 21, 2007, 03:46:17 PM »
It's long-ish, but good. Here are some money quotes to whet your appetite...

http://www.counterpunch.org/stclair02212007.html

---------

The left has a case of political Alzheimer's disease. That's the most gracious way of putting it--how they could immediately wipe from their minds every betrayal of Clinton Time, and heap all of it on poor Bush.

[The Clintons have] perfected the art of politics without conscience.

Hillary was all about self-enrichment. She really did, I think, feel a sense of entitlement--she wanted money, she wanted power, she wanted prestige.

[Hillary's is] the career of a sleazy corporate lawyer.

The Clintons are political invertebrates. They really don't have any kind of spine. They're infinitely flexible, because really, it's all about power for them.

Hillary complains that Bush can't even admit he's made a mistake in Iraq, and then she's asked if she made a mistake in voting not just for the authorizing legislation, but every single appropriation. "Is that a mistake," she's asked. "No," she says, I wouldn't call it a mistake.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
Re: A stinging *left-wing* critique of the Clintons
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 04:04:10 PM »
The Hillary part is spot on, I don't think she has to apologise for anything other than having a double-standard when it comes to GWB.  Either way, a mistake is not a lie, and changing your mind years later isn't either.
Thread Killer