Author Topic: Do americans lose everywhere?  (Read 4100 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Do americans lose everywhere?
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2007, 10:47:13 AM »
This is true, and was especially true for the second world war, which ended up pulling America out of the depression.

Remember the dot.com bust?  That was just a precursor to the major recession that economists believe was going to happen at the end of 2001.

(Watch that video clip of the speech of the former LAPD detective talking about the CIA - it shows the breakdown crystal clear).

The war in afghanistan saved our economy.  The huge billion dollar economy hit was nothing compared to the hundreds of billions of war borrowing the wars have provided.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2007, 10:51:51 AM »
i made a typo.  I meant the end of war.  The end of war boosts an economy.  I'm getting the red white and blue bunting out and all the flags.

Blair will be gone by Christmas, then we'll have some other powercrazynutter in charge here.  Hope he can get along with you lot

friendly fire from Linda in London, England, Europe, the centre of the Universe.

where's that double click red button?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2007, 10:52:46 AM »

The war in afghanistan saved our economy.  The huge billion dollar economy hit was nothing compared to the hundreds of billions of war borrowing the wars have provided.

Of course. Now our economy is working off of the profits of the oil companies. Oil profits sort of have a trickle down effect on other firms, such as investment banks. The wallstreet investment banks seem to be making the news almost everyday for the past few months here in NYC. Their huge profits have actually revitalized downtown.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2007, 10:55:51 AM »
Of course. Now our economy is working off of the profits of the oil companies. Oil profits sort of have a trickle down effect on other firms, such as investment banks. The wallstreet investment banks seem to be making the news almost everyday for the past few months here in NYC. Their huge profits have actually revitalized downtown.

go figure. 
you're winning the war.

ffffire
xL

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2007, 11:02:20 AM »
yes, we are winning the war.  i'm happy about that.  we control, manage, and profit from the resources of a nation we don't own.  We rule!

My beef is - let's leave the cities and guard the border/pipeline/bases and let the Iraqis do their job.  It's what the UK now believes too.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2007, 11:07:20 AM »
If you ever get a chance, visit Europe, it's just a skip and a jump or a ferry across the Med to the Middle East.

with friendly fire
xL

ok it boils down to US or them.
who is the US and Canada ("America" to me) still paying hard cash to
to pay off the last world war?

WTF are you talking about? I'm an English man and I have travelled Europe.

I'm not interested in travelling to the middle east where my freedoms as a travel and a human and fucking restricted beyond comprehension.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2007, 11:15:41 AM »
WTF are you talking about? I'm an English man and I have travelled Europe.

I'm not interested in travelling to the middle east where my freedoms as a travel and a human and fucking restricted beyond comprehension.

move to the US then, you can't lose there.

xL

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2007, 11:45:17 AM »

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2007, 11:49:57 AM »
who is the US and Canada ("America" to me) still paying hard cash to
to pay off the last world war?

War bonds.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2007, 11:52:23 AM »

In many areas, it's not as bad as you might think.

MiniMiggy

• Getbig II
  • The Earth is your only home. Treat it well.
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2007, 11:57:39 AM »
What any major war did americans actually win? I hear they lose everywhere. Even as of yet the a an USA financially and ecomonically superior to everyone else, I hear had they had been really dragged into a real Real Deal war they'd lose. Heck It'd being fast, the majority of american population concentrated in megapolices whatever it's spelled.

For some reason, this question made me wonder if Russians enjoy the small pleasures in life: like standing in bread lines. Or having to deal with the mafia?

P.S. Does the name Togo ring a bell? Cuban Missile Crisis?

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2007, 12:04:27 PM »
War bonds.

to whom is the US still repaying war bonds?  that was my question. 

It was just recently in the news here that we in the UK had paid off the last one of ours from 1945 (to Canada and it was something like 6 bill or zill...

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2007, 12:12:42 PM »
Who does?

I'd hoped it was God, but perhaps it's not.

ps:

240 (I can scroll back when I'm in a posting box but haven't time to go back to quote and post again your wise words, wish I could though and perhaps I will...

okay, I'm responding to your bit about getting out and letting the Middle East do what they will.

The sad soldier I listened to on a tv phone in debate who is going back to Basra shortly said that they don't want us there and they're under fire every day.  He also said that it's not our place to sort it out, but it's about oil.  He even said that they've been fighting each other there for 2,000 or more years and it's hand to hand combat, not weapons of mass destruction.  Just arms for oil.

It's not about God.
As I said, I cried and the audience on the TV clapped.
xL

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2007, 01:17:28 AM »
Ur kidding right......Revolutionary war....Mexican American war......Spanish American War..Our parts of Both WW1 and WW2. Korea until the Chinese invaded..so stalemate...Desert Storm and Panama....we also kicked the shit out of Iraq until the insurgency started. There are very few countries that win a protracted insurgency, atleast in the 20th century. When there is few media around and no internet its easier to do what u have to to win. France, Britain, Russia etc have all faced protracted insurgencies within the last 100 years and have had mixed results.

hi honey  :-*  where are you these days? are you stateside yet?
w

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2007, 12:03:18 AM »
the first country to run out of money actually loses a war...Also sometimes its better to be precieved as the loser to your people to help extract more money for your defense...What sux about this country(the U.S) is we are not even using half of the technology we have available for our troops...Its a f cking joke...

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2007, 07:26:42 AM »
lose a few pounds or kilos.  none of you can fit on an aeroplane anymore

You think I should?  :-\   I have a 32" waist, and last time I had my bodyfat tested it was 8%.

and something like 99% of you don't even have a passport.

I've had one since I was 12 years old. My wife has had one longer than that. Given the amount of travel most well-off Americans do, I think your "99%" number is a bit inflated.  ::)

Not that I dislike Americans or anything, yours was the one country I chose and attempted to live in.  Couldn't get a green card on my own

That's because we don't give them to psychos.

and I decided against marrying.

xL

That's because most men won't marry psychos.  (except Mr. Intenseone, of course  ;D)
Ron: "I am lazy."

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2007, 08:23:03 AM »
hi honey  :-*  where are you these days? are you stateside yet?

YEP I"M BACK and despite all our issues this is still the best country in the world and I'm happy to be back. I've avoided the news for about a week and have eaten steak about 5 times in 7 days...i love this place.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2007, 09:57:06 AM »

YEP I"M BACK and despite all our issues this is still the best country in the world and I'm happy to be back. I've avoided the news for about a week and have eaten steak about 5 times in 7 days...i love this place.

Welcome home Major.  Thanks for your service.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2007, 10:06:20 AM »

Thanks for pointing this out.

Of course, this country isn't perfect, but which country is?

C'mon America haters tell us about this perfect country: China? France? Spain? England? Russia? Germany? Japan? Syria? Poland? Cuba?

Where is this model of perfection for us to emulate?

And don't tell us about Canada, Jag. Every time someone up there needs some serious surgery, they abandon your country and jump across the border.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2007, 10:42:25 PM »

YEP I"M BACK and despite all our issues this is still the best country in the world unless you count Canada and I'm happy to be back. I've avoided the news for about a week and have eaten steak about 5 times in 7 days...i love this place.

WooHoo!!! Another one home safe & sound! I'm gonna celebrate! I have lots to celebrate!  :)
I don't know why I've gotten into a negative rut these past few days... well, actually I do  :-X
But that's history. I have so much to be thankful for, and so much to be grateful for.
HH6, I'm happy you're home safe & sound. My best friend just finished major surgery and is home from the hospital.
His recovery is progressing waaaay ahead of schedule, and hearing the sound of his voice is just music to my ears.
Even when he hoarks up great big gobs of green phlegm while i'm eating home made cream of broccolli soup,
...his hoarking sounds are like music to my ears.  :D wierd huh? A storm blew the roof off my house in Jamaica,
...but I don't care. I have a roof over my head, clothes on my back, food on my table, a growing income stream, I'm healthy, and those I care about have roofs over their head, food on their tables, clothes on their backs, have an income despite not being able to work, are on the road to recovering their health. I AM BLESSED! now I just need to get laid. HA!

Those are the important things.
(BTW - I clarified your comment for ya. Think nothing of it)
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2007, 10:51:07 PM »

Where is this model of perfection for us to emulate?

And don't tell us about Canada, Jag. Every time someone up there needs some serious surgery, they abandon your country and jump across the border.

Hardly accurate, ...but for the sake of argument lets say it is... in the grand scheme of things, how often does one need major surgery in life? compared to how often one needs life, liberty, a safe environment within which to prosper, raise families... and truly pursue happiness, without being cannon fodder to corporate avarice?

Ya the weather blows... but hey... with global warming, ...we'll soon be downright tropical.  :)
w

theonlyone

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2007, 02:28:58 AM »

-Bush adresses to his fortune teller
-When will the 3rd world war occur?
-In 25 years
-How much will Pepsi Cola cost?
-25 copecks!