Author Topic: Do americans lose everywhere?  (Read 4093 times)

theonlyone

Do americans lose everywhere?
« on: February 21, 2007, 11:02:11 PM »
What any major war did americans actually win? I hear they lose everywhere. Even as of yet the a an USA financially and ecomonically superior to everyone else, I hear had they had been really dragged into a real Real Deal war they'd lose. Heck It'd being fast, the majority of american population concentrated in megapolices whatever it's spelled.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
Re: Do americans lose everywhere?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 07:25:42 AM »
Listen, bud... We kicked all kinds of ass in Grenada!!  >:(

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 07:27:07 AM »
Ur kidding right......Revolutionary war....Mexican American war......Spanish American War..Our parts of Both WW1 and WW2. Korea until the Chinese invaded..so stalemate...Desert Storm and Panama....we also kicked the shit out of Iraq until the insurgency started. There are very few countries that win a protracted insurgency, atleast in the 20th century. When there is few media around and no internet its easier to do what u have to to win. France, Britain, Russia etc have all faced protracted insurgencies within the last 100 years and have had mixed results.
L

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 07:38:20 AM »
lose a few pounds or kilos.  none of you can fit on an aeroplane anymore and something like 99% of you don't even have a passport.

Not that I dislike Americans or anything, yours was the one country I chose and attempted to live in.  Couldn't get a green card on my own and I decided against marrying.

xL

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 07:39:14 AM »
Our parts of Both WW1 and WW2.

We were only in WWI for the last quarter of the game. And it still ended in a draw.

As for WWII, while we certainly acquitted ourselves nicely in the Pacific [with a hell of a "Finish him!" closing combo], our contributions to the defeat of the Germany - though not insignificant - are exaggerated in the American memory. The true heroes of that struggle are the Russians and the British - in that order.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 07:44:39 AM »
We were only in WWI for the last quarter of the game. And it still ended in a draw.

As for WWII, while we certainly acquitted ourselves nicely in the Pacific [with a hell of a "Finish him!" closing combo], our contributions to the defeat of the Germany - though not insignificant - are exaggerated in the American memory. The true heroes of that struggle are the Russians and the British - in that order.

well put.  The Russians lost more young men than is imaginable.  Thanks for knowing your history.

xL

let's not have another world war, it's not possible.
but should we get out of Iraq?

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 07:47:17 AM »
We were only in WWII for the last quarter of the game. And it finished fine, they saved France

But unfortunately, the British only really remember the Nazis (along with the fact that the US showed up at the end, thankfully.
xL

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 07:54:14 AM »

Ask old rooster - he should remember WW1 !!

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 07:56:46 AM »
We could easily crush Iraq and the whole Middle East if we needed to.
S

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 08:58:54 AM »

well put.  The Russians lost more young men than is imaginable.  Thanks for knowing your history.

xL

let's not have another world war, it's not possible.
but should we get out of Iraq?

hahahaha, do you know why the Russians lost more men than everyone else? Their little strategy of loading the soldiers up on vodka and throwing as many at the Germans as it took to overwhelm. If you refused to charge you were shot by your commanding officer on the spot. Casualties didn't mean shit to their government. It's the way things were done over there.

And for the people who claim we can't win a war, just think about what we could do if we actually brought the draft back and decided to, we could steamroll any country we wanted to. This little pissant bullshit of throwing a 100k or so guys over there to try to manage the situation and not win it is laughable.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 09:45:45 AM »
And for the people who claim we can't win a war, just think about what we could do if we actually brought the draft back and decided to, we could steamroll any country we wanted to. This little pissant bullshit of throwing a 100k or so guys over there to try to manage the situation and not win it is laughable.

Do you honestly think a draft would be acceptable in this day and age?

We already have the poverty draft.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 09:50:59 AM »
hahahaha, do you know why the Russians lost more men than everyone else? Their little strategy of loading the soldiers up on vodka and throwing as many at the Germans as it took to overwhelm. If you refused to charge you were shot by your commanding officer on the spot. Casualties didn't mean shit to their government. It's the way things were done over there.

The Romans gave their men wine.

Let me re-read your thread
where you coming from?

xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2007, 09:53:30 AM »

go for it and see where it gets you.

But could you please leave Israel and Palestine on the map, they're kinda nice?  Holy lands etc.

xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2007, 09:56:00 AM »
Do you honestly think a draft would be acceptable in this day and age?

We already have the poverty draft.

Ever been to Italy?
They've only just now stopped drafting all men at 19.
Yesterday their president got overthrown too.

Mad world news.
I hope you're keeping up
and not just living in your own little world where you think you run it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2007, 09:57:20 AM »

Yep.  Doing so would kill the infrastructure and we'd have 7 iraqs to deal with, all roach-ridden with terrorists, oil, and other problems.  Whenever you hear people brag "I think we should nuke it all and start over" they don't realize what uncontrollable chaos that would cause.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 10:00:13 AM »
hahahaha, do you know why the Russians lost more men than everyone else?

It was very very cold and they died coming into help us all here

from the north. 

I think they got attacked everywhichway also.  They had nothing. 
Noone sold arms in those days
xL

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2007, 10:00:50 AM »
hahahaha, do you know why the Russians lost more men than everyone else?

Well, Stalin's liquidation of the officer corps certainly didn't help.  :)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2007, 10:06:34 AM »
Yep.  Doing so would kill the infrastructure and we'd have 7 iraqs to deal with, all roach-ridden with terrorists, oil, and other problems.  Whenever you hear people brag "I think we should nuke it all and start over" they don't realize what uncontrollable chaos that would cause.

I've posted this earlier today, but I'll post it again.
there was a 24 year old lad on a call-in debate tv show this morning who was about to go back to Iraq.  He said Bush was a warmonger and the audience clapped (they're beginning to dislike America in England, which is strange)...

but that British soldier said he'd do his job anyways.

with friendly fire
and mad love
Linda
x

i live in London.  I saw those bombs on buses and the tube.  it was only minor news, not like 9/ll or anything, but the world is going to the dogs.

Is the American army going to come back to England, please?  we've non left here.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2007, 10:19:52 AM »
Economically, America has won in every war.

That's exactly what ever government would like to achieve.

Sure, on the field it hasn't all been rosy, but apart from Vietname America laughed all the way to the bank.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2007, 10:23:04 AM »

go join the army then, they need you bad.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2007, 10:27:10 AM »

Sure, on the field it hasn't all been rosy, but apart from Vietname America laughed all the way to the bank.

and you've put it in a bombshell.  well put.
I thought this recent war was about religion like the one they've not yet quite finally sorted out in Ireland.

then I thought a bit more and realised it was about oil.  Which is about America.

You've put it into perspective.  It's about who gets rich quick.

the bank of england just recently paid off the last of the war payments to Canada (we were in debt for 50 years for the last war !!!

with friendly fire
etc
xL

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2007, 10:33:49 AM »

and you've put it in a bombshell.  well put.
I thought this recent war was about religion like the one they've not yet sorted out in Ireland.

then I thought a bit more and realised it was about oil.

You've put it into perspective.  It's about who gets rich quick.

the bank of england just recently paid off the last of the war payments to Canada (we were in debt for 50 years for the last war !!!

with friendly fire
etc
xL

America isn't the big bad man for trying to look out for it's citizens and the countries future success.

It boils down to: them or us. America has continued to seal it's future success with Iraq etc.

Canada and the US are themselves still paying off their debts for the WW, so don't think Britain is hard up.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2007, 10:39:14 AM »

If you ever get a chance, visit Europe, it's just a skip and a jump or a ferry across the Med to the Middle East.

with friendly fire
xL

ok it boils down to US or them.
who is the US and Canada ("America" to me) still paying hard cash to
to pay off the last world war?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2007, 10:41:42 AM »

This is true, and was especially true for the second world war, which ended up pulling America out of the depression.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2007, 10:44:29 AM »
oh now you've got me going.  Apparantly (I was born a bit later, but my mum and dad lived through it, my dad went in the navy on an aircraft carrier to singapore)

apparantly war is good for western economies, everyone gets a job cleaning up afterward.

ff
x