Author Topic: Mass Monster barbell curls 185 for 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 6487 times)

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
Re: Mass Monster barbell curls 185 for 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2007, 07:39:51 PM »
Yeah but you gotta admit that if he was able to do just ONE with full range of motion, people would actually be impressed.

Sorry, but imo, this is an ego lift, and, obviously, attempt to get attension -- why else post it to youtube???

Tons of people do heavy lifts with plenty of body english (myself included - sometimes and as a specific part of my workout) but don't go around slapping everyone in the face with it.

Why he posted it is irrelevant.  That is up to him.  Why people feel compelled to give him crap is something else all-together and that speaks volumes about them.

One more thing, post a video of yourself doing it using the same form.  Can you?  I doubt it.  If you could, you would have pretty big arms and be a guy with decent overall strength.
w

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2007, 07:42:59 PM »
let's take a close look at the mighty Chris Mason's lifts and physique, shall we....Deadlifts off the supports in the power rack and lowered to floor 585, Barbell EZ bar cheat curls 170 for 6, Partial T Bar Rows 7 plates for 6 half reps......Arms 15 inches, Legs 22 inches, Chest 41 inches.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2007, 07:43:06 PM »
It isn't a matter of "who knows".  You know, and you know you cannot duplicate it so you mock it because it makes you feel insecure that the bodybuilding tenets you hold so dear have not allowed you to develop the strength that some beer-bellied middle aged guy has.  It would destroy your ego and all that you hold dear to realize that all you have done has been relatively for naught.

Rather than mock, offer constructive criticism, recognize the feat (if it deserves it), or say nothing.

Thats not a real demonstration of strength momentum did most of the work and who cares if I could duplicate  it or not? I don't what so I can impress you or him? lol will I gain some soft of Get Big You Tube respect ? will I be able to sit at the " cool table " with all the ego-lifters ?

real bodybuilders leave their egos at the door , fully working the muscle is the goal , the weight if the means to the end of that goal , ego lifting is for the most insecure ' bodybuilders '

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2007, 07:44:43 PM »
McGrath with actual development showing how it's done with about the same weight:

Frank is definitely using some body english in that video.  Gee, he is robbing his biceps of stimulation... ::)

Obviously, Frank is using better form than the other guy, but Frank has some of the hugest arms out there.  Funny, a guy handling 185 lbs with some body english has big arms... ???
w

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
  • The easiest person to deceive is one's own self
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2007, 07:46:01 PM »
let's take a close look at the mighty Chris Mason's lifts and physique, shall we....Deadlifts off the supports in the power rack and lowered to floor 585, Barbell EZ bar cheat curls 170 for 6, Partial T Bar Rows 7 plates for 6 half reps......Arms 15 inches, Legs 22 inches, Chest 41 inches.

WHAT A BEAST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   HAHHAHAHAHAHA

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2007, 07:46:26 PM »
It isn't a matter of "who knows".  You know, and you know you cannot duplicate it so you mock it because it makes you feel insecure that the bodybuilding tenets you hold so dear have not allowed you to develop the strength that some beer-bellied middle aged guy has.  It would destroy your ego and all that you hold dear to realize that all you have done has been relatively for naught.

Rather than mock, offer constructive criticism, recognize the feat (if it deserves it), or say nothing.

What feat is that, breakin you're back and elbows?  Makin an assss out of you're self?
Most are all show no go!

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2007, 07:47:18 PM »
Heh, no. Why he posted is the source of the mocking.

And, no. I can't do that. Never said I could. Never said I train for strength. Don't try to derail this by diverting attension to me. Doesn't help you in a debate -- only shows you have no where else to go and you're desperate.

This is about HIM.

I am not derailing anything.  I am trying to make a point which is lost on you.

What do you care if the man posts a video?  Perhaps he is proud of his strength.  He can do something YOU cannot and he felt like showing it.  So what?  Let the man have his pride.

It would be like you posting a picture of your arms and everyone mocking them including those with arms smaller than you.  Get it?

w

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2007, 07:49:31 PM »

Yeah, let's.  How about 635 lbs for a double, totally raw using a hook grip (from the floor):

w

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2007, 07:49:54 PM »
I am not derailing anything.  I am trying to make a point which is lost on you.

What do you care if the man posts a video?  Perhaps he is proud of his strength.  He can do something YOU cannot and he felt like showing it.  So what?  Let the man have his pride.

It would be like you posting a picture of your arms and everyone mocking them including those with arms smaller than you.  Get it?

Jesus christ man, can you get over it already. Or is the fact the guy is a tool like you comforting?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2007, 07:49:57 PM »
uh, serious?

Either way, I'd rather have 25" arms and only be able to curl 100lbs. I don't give a shit about strength other than how it help me keep from injury, grow stabilizer muscles (for a complete look vs/ the Dennis Wolf inflatable muscles look), and grow overall mass.

seriously, you should see this guy, average build, hairy, glasses, looks Irish and i swear that the man's arms literally look no bigger than 15 inches yet he claims to have benched 405 and deadlifted close to 700.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2007, 07:51:05 PM »
hahahahahaha, here's the same clown doing "tricep extensions", wait until you see this shit, comic gold ;D

&mode=related&search=

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2007, 07:51:19 PM »
Yeah, let's.  How about 635 lbs for a double, totally raw using a hook grip (from the floor):

Now thats a proper demonstration of strength , good job !

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2007, 07:51:27 PM »
uh, serious?

Either way, I'd rather have 25" arms and only be able to curl 100lbs. I don't give a shit about strength other than how it help me keep from injury, grow stabilizer muscles (for a complete look vs/ the Dennis Wolf inflatable muscles look), and grow overall mass.

Now that is just silly.

One more point that you just don't get; in order to have 25" arms (unless you inject them with oil) you need to lift HEAVY.  You have to be somewhat of an "ego" lifter as you call it.

I am not trying to pick a fight with you, just make a point.
w

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2007, 07:53:12 PM »
hahahahahaha, here's the same clown doing "tricep extensions", wait until you see this shit, comic gold ;D

&mode=related&search=

Whats the ROM 2 inches? what did that accomplish? lol

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2007, 07:53:29 PM »
Now thats a proper demonstration of strength , good job !

Thanks.  
w

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2007, 07:53:46 PM »

&mode=related&search=

hahahaha, classic little fatman syndrom, whose spotter is a skinny geek who doesn't even weight train

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2007, 07:54:01 PM »

Either way, I'd rather have 25" arms and only be able to curl 100lbs. I don't give a shit about strength.

No kidding. Read my post again: "I don't give a shit about strength other than how it help me keep from injury

In that case..

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2007, 07:56:20 PM »

&mode=related&search=

The dumbbell is large, it limits the ROM.  I know you have never tried such a feat, so you have no idea, but a big dumbbell like that makes a more complete ROM impossible.

The guy is strong, pure and simple.  Yes, he uses sloppy form and does not have a nice physique from a bodybuilding perspective, but he is strong.
w

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2007, 07:57:21 PM »
No kidding. Read my post again: "I don't give a shit about strength other than how it help me keep from injury, grow stabilizer muscles (for a complete look vs/ the Dennis Wolf inflatable muscles look), and grow overall mass."

And I lift very fucken heavy. Just don't go around bragging about it in public.

Ok, then post a video of some of your heavy lifting.  I would love to see it and be able to critique your form.
w

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2007, 07:58:18 PM »
The dumbbell is large, it limits the ROM.  I know you have never tried such a feat, so you have no idea, but a big dumbbell like that makes a more complete ROM impossible.

The guy is strong, pure and simple.  Yes, he uses sloppy form and does not have a nice physique from a bodybuilding perspective, but he is strong.
just the fact that you defend this skinny/fat clown tells me everything i need to know about you, Chris. ;D

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2007, 08:01:47 PM »
just the fact that you defend this skinny/fat clown tells me everything i need to know about you, Chris. ;D

The fact that you feel compelled to say the things you do online tells me, and everyone else, everything that we need to know about you, and frankly, it is quite sad.  

w

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2007, 08:02:32 PM »
here's the 14 inch armed wonder of nature Chris mason blasting his mammoth guns

&NR

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2007, 08:04:30 PM »
here's the 14 inch armed wonder of nature Chris mason blasting his mammoth guns

&NR

you gotta be kidding me !   hahahahahhahahahhahhahah a

hahahhahahahahhahahahahh a

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2007, 08:04:59 PM »
Again, I have to disagree. ROM doesn't have to be limited in this case because of the size of the dumbell.

Doing stretching pullovers will allow for a complete range of motion on any such movement.

You do stretching pullovers, right? So you aught to know this.

We will have to agree to disagree.
w

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2007, 08:06:32 PM »
you gotta be kidding me !   hahahahahhahahahhahhahah a

hahahhahahahahhahahahahh a

Please don't have your multiple aliases speak to each other.  It really looks stupid.  You do know that?  It has been pointed out to you over and over, no?

w