Author Topic: Iraq Victory predictions  (Read 4419 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Iraq Victory predictions
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2007, 05:26:32 PM »
Actually, Sharia law contradicts everything you or I would consider to be 'freedom' in the way we exercise it during our daily lives.

Jihad is THEIR war... it's not about what you or I consider freedom. It's their idea of freedom.
w

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2007, 05:31:44 PM »
Jihad is THEIR war... it's not about what you or I consider freedom. It's their idea of freedom.

No, it's not what they consider to be 'freedom' either.  The jihadists want Sharia law, which they do not misrepresent as being freedom, and neither should you.
Thread Killer

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2007, 05:32:54 PM »
No, it's not what they consider to be 'freedom' either.  The jihadists want Sharia law, which they do not misrepresent as being freedom, and neither should you.

there are plenty of jihads. it simply means holy war
w

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2007, 05:37:56 PM »
there are plenty of jihads. it simply means holy war

And you can, no doubt, prove to me how a 'holy war' results in freedom for anyone?

I'll say it again, for your assistance: an indivdual's most important right is the right to live.  Jihadists believe in taking lives (women, children etc.) in the name of Allah, which contradicts everything that is just and free.
Thread Killer

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2007, 06:00:30 PM »
And you can, no doubt, prove to me how a 'holy war' results in freedom for anyone?

I'll say it again, for your assistance: an indivdual's most important right is the right to live.  Jihadists believe in taking lives (women, children etc.) in the name of Allah, which contradicts everything that is just and free.

Which differs from Bush's doctrine of taking lives in the name of freedom in what way? ???
That was rhetorical btw. What I really want to say is Shooo... be gone already!
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2007, 06:25:16 PM »
Bruce, you're turning more and more into a "paper" debater.

You lack common sense.

You told us that NO ONE IN AMERICA thought Saddam would abuse deadly agents we sent to his universities.  He was in the middle of a war with iran, and his people were uprising.  He had killed hundreds (many himself!) his first week in office, and thousands every year, ever since.  NO ONE considered this possibility?

Now, you say "An Iraq that is largely free of terror attacks would be one form of victory.  The longer term aspiration is to convince young Muslim men that freedom is a far more attractive choice than jihad.". 

THIS is the goal our brave folks are dying for?  "Convincing young Muslim men"?  Dude, you've been reading mother goose.  The answers you have, the assumptions you make... you completely ignore the real intentions of man.  You're living in f'king candyland, dude.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2007, 06:54:12 PM »
Bruce, you're turning more and more into a "paper" debater.

You lack common sense.

You told us that NO ONE IN AMERICA thought Saddam would abuse deadly agents we sent to his universities.  He was in the middle of a war with iran, and his people were uprising.  He had killed hundreds (many himself!) his first week in office, and thousands every year, ever since.  NO ONE considered this possibility?

Now, you say "An Iraq that is largely free of terror attacks would be one form of victory.  The longer term aspiration is to convince young Muslim men that freedom is a far more attractive choice than jihad.". 

THIS is the goal our brave folks are dying for?  "Convincing young Muslim men"?  Dude, you've been reading mother goose.  The answers you have, the assumptions you make... you completely ignore the real intentions of man.  You're living in f'king candyland, dude.

Interesting post, although I'm not sure you wrote it with your tongue planted firmly against your inner-cheek or if you were serious.  For the purpose of debate - I'll assume the latter.

Those universities you mention weren't actually the express property of Saddam.  They were medical research facilities trying to save lives - as the Americans were.  It's interesting you've neither admitted nor retracted your statement that we, in fact, gave Saddam chemical weapons or indeed WMD.  This is despite me having proved to you that your allegations were entirely wrong.

You mentioned me turning this into a 'paper' debate.  Well, are you honestly trying to tell me that we're not fighting an ideological war against militant Islamists?  Is it not part of this fight to convince a would be enemy that the way of the jihad is an archaic hate ritual that the West has exposed as folly?

Yes, we fight on battlefields, ones that no known enemy can defeat us on.  The fall of Saddam is proof that this coalition can take its forces across the world in a matter of days and annihilate the opposition.  But, we are also engaged, whether we like it or not, in a war of intellectualism versus middle-age hatred and bigotry.  If you believe this side of the war can be won with brute force alone than you do not have my support - the US has a great challenge ahead in persuading the growing Muslim demographic at home and abroad, that the Western way of life and freedom are ideologies worth pursuing.  This will be the true test of this war.
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2007, 07:06:16 PM »
Those universities you mention weren't actually the express property of Saddam.  They were medical research facilities trying to save lives

1) What country were they in?
2) Who was the leader of that country?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2007, 07:07:37 PM »
Those universities you mention weren't actually the express property of Saddam.  They were medical research facilities trying to save lives

Classic example of your naivety.

What do you mean, they weren't his property?  he's a dictator.  He shot his rival party on day 1 of his reign.  Do you think a little property theft is possible? ;)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2007, 07:09:10 PM »
Classic example of your naivety.

What do you mean, they weren't his property?  he's a dictator.  He shot his rival party on day 1 of his reign.  Do you think a little property theft is possible? ;)

Absolutely, I would have placed it within the realms of possibility.  It was naive, I agree, but the intention was to save lives.  You following that logic yet?

Now, the rest of my post?
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2007, 07:13:00 PM »
Absolutely, I would have placed it within the realms of possibility.  It was naive, I agree, but the intention was to save lives. 

YOU would have considered it a possibility, but NO ONE in the Reagan admin considered the possibility?

It was naive, I agree, but the intention was to save lives. 

How do you know this was the intention?  Because they said so?  Because you believe the best in men?  Or something else?

We'll get to the rest of your post when you clarify these two points.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2007, 07:16:08 PM »
YOU would have considered it a possibility, but NO ONE in the Reagan admin considered the possibility?

How do you know this was the intention?  Because they said so?  Because you believe the best in men?  Or something else?

We'll get to the rest of your post when you clarify these two points.

Actually, they were clarified by the US Senate report and that of the UN of being guilty of no more than that.  Now, can you explain why it is you lied on this very topic?
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2007, 07:17:19 PM »
Actually, they were clarified by the US Senate report and that of the UN of being guilty of no more than that.  Now, can you explain why it is you lied on this very topic?

Was this a dem or repub congress, and what was the exact quote where they provided Reagan's motive for delivering these agents to iraq?

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2007, 07:19:01 PM »
Was this a dem or repub congress, and what was the exact quote where they provided Reagan's motive for delivering these agents to iraq?

You just keep right on ignoring my questions, okay.  I'll treat you with the same dignity.
Thread Killer

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2007, 07:20:55 PM »

Are you refering to when they said they'd do everything possible to make sure Saddam won his war with Iran?
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2007, 07:32:25 PM »
Are you refering to when they said they'd do everything possible to make sure Saddam won his war with Iran?

uh oh.

this contradict bruce.

by the way, does anyone here believe Bruce, that the US DIDN"T KNOW saddam would grab the materials the moment they arrived on his soil, because "they weren't his property"?

hahahahahah "Those universities you mention weren't actually the express property of Saddam"

The murderous dictator won't steal from his own universities because "They're not his express property"?

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2007, 07:49:42 PM »
uh oh.

this contradict bruce.

by the way, does anyone here believe Bruce, that the US DIDN"T KNOW saddam would grab the materials the moment they arrived on his soil, because "they weren't his property"?

hahahahahah "Those universities you mention weren't actually the express property of Saddam"

The murderous dictator won't steal from his own universities because "They're not his express property"?

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

With logical argument like that, who here could disagree with you?  In case you're not aware, you're a laughing stock on this board for your gleeful buying into of anything of a conspiratorial nature.  You claimed the US gave Saddam WMD, and I proved you wrong, I'd be avoiding my questions too.
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2007, 08:00:10 PM »
With logical argument like that, who here could disagree with you?  In case you're not aware, you're a laughing stock on this board for your gleeful buying into of anything of a conspiratorial nature.  You claimed the US gave Saddam WMD, and I proved you wrong, I'd be avoiding my questions too.

yawn.  i only "buy into" those whose evidence shows there was an incomplete investigation, and another is needed to answer these concerns, for the vinctims if no one else.

Also, nice redirect ;)  I wouldn't want to have to back up that "express property of a dictator" thing either.

Admit it, you regret that one...

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2007, 08:02:36 PM »

You didn't prove shit. You do acknowledge that the US did give chemical weapons to an Iraqi university, right? If Saddam didn't use those chemicals, then how else did he end up getting the chemicals he used against the Kurds? When he gassed the Kurds the only major superpower he was in bed with was the US and you cannot deny this.

What you want are documents that just come out and say "US gave weapons to Saddam" which simply do not exist. However, documents that do tell what went down do exist and they're not at face value, meaning it's up to you to interpret them.

Why in the world would we give an educational institution chemical weapons? Ask yourself this question.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2007, 08:04:34 PM »
You didn't prove shit. You do acknowledge that the US did give chemical weapons to an Iraqi university, right?

No.  Get a clue.
Thread Killer

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2007, 08:05:41 PM »
Admit it, you regret that one...

Your sense of self-importance is amusing, I don't regret saying anything thus far.  Do you regret wrongly claiming the US gave Saddam WMD?  No, I don't expect you to deal with that question.
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2007, 08:11:09 PM »
Your sense of self-importance is amusing, I don't regret saying anything thus far.  Do you regret wrongly claiming the US gave Saddam WMD?  No, I don't expect you to deal with that question.

I wasn't wrong.

We gave materials to a university in a dictatorship whose war we vowed they must win.

Said dictator took these materials and created weapons which aided him in that war we wanted him to win.

You can candycoat it anyway you choose.  but it's a 'paper' debate in that in real life, everyone knows what happened except those little twits who refuse to face facts.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2007, 08:14:10 PM »
I wasn't wrong.

We gave materials to a university in a dictatorship whose war we vowed they must win.

Said dictator took these materials and created weapons which aided him in that war we wanted him to win.

You can candycoat it anyway you choose.  but it's a 'paper' debate in that in real life, everyone knows what happened except those little twits who refuse to face facts.

So you weren't wrong when you said we gave Saddam mustard gas?  Chemical weapons?  Anthrax?
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2007, 08:15:28 PM »
So you weren't wrong when you said we gave Saddam mustard gas?  Chemical weapons?  Anthrax?

wow.  you didn't even try to hide the fact you don't want to answer that.

ladies and gentleman, i give you the rabbit on the run!

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2007, 08:18:02 PM »
wow.  you didn't even try to hide the fact you don't want to answer that.

ladies and gentleman, i give you the rabbit on the run!

You accuse me of your own behaviour, that much is evident.
Thread Killer