Author Topic: Milos's arms workout !!  (Read 9713 times)

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
Re: Milos's arms workout !!
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2007, 09:04:40 AM »
Milos's Arms were his weakest link at some point. I guess his formula didn't work for him
Get Big, or Die Trying

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2007, 09:06:30 AM »
Milos's Arms were his weakest link at some point. I guess his formula didn't work for him
Yeah from the point he started lifting to now..
L

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2007, 09:25:49 AM »
How the hell do you accomplish Giant Sets these days with gyms as crowded as they are nowadays, forcing you to wait for your turn with the equipment?    Maybe if you had your own private gym, otherwise, no friggin' way.

There is no way in hell I could accomplish these giant sets at the gym.  Way too packed.  You would need like 5 benches/pieces of equipment lined up. 

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2007, 09:27:35 AM »
I can see this workout giving you a great pump, esp. if you're on the juice. But if you're natural, it's probably good for only about 2 weeks, after which it'll fail to stimulate growth, since you need progressive overload and a 6-8 rep range (to failure) if you wish to induce eventual hypertrophy. Like someone mentioned before, it'd be good to use it to get through a plateau, by doing it a few times inbetween 12 week (or more) cycles of heavy training, but not make it a norm.
Telling the truth,i think its quite opposite.
Its good for natural bber too. Because,you dont use heavy  weight with forced reps and your muscle tissue would be repaired easily.If you lift heavy with forced reps,its very hard to recuperate until next workout day.

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2007, 09:31:21 AM »
If you lift heavy with forced reps,its very hard to recuperate until next workout day.

Which is why you adjust your rest periods.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2007, 10:11:20 AM »
Telling the truth,i think its quite opposite.
Its good for natural bber too.

Of course; this theory that there are such defined, separate rules for naturals and juicers is always as amusing as it is unfounded.

affy

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2007, 10:34:33 AM »
btw Stavios how long did this entire routine take

and how long of a break did you take between each giant set

that shit doesnt look like its possible to complete in under 2 hours

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2007, 10:37:26 AM »
Of course; this theory that there are such defined, separate rules for naturals and juicers is always as amusing as it is unfounded.
Yeah. But not so difficult to separate. Above all,juicers recuperate faster than natural. About muscle growth,i havent seen fine line as you say.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2007, 10:40:04 AM »
Yeah. But not so difficult to separate. Above all,juicers recuperate faster than natural. About muscle growth,i havent seen fine line as you say.

Exactly, in terms of recuperation and perhaps endurance but these are only some of the aspects.

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2007, 11:18:17 AM »
i cant see how a natural (wich is not strong as a bull) can grow from that....the guy will finish the 3rd giant set with 5lbs weights. Would that cause growth? I can only imagine the 4th, 5th, 6th...set
 The purpose on this is the 'shock' factor? is more of a 'defining' workout? i would like a lot to know what Milos has to say.... ???
!

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2007, 11:21:15 AM »
hahahahahaha, i don't give a shit if he did 11,558 reps, he's still using girl weight.

Question....you think that would work for a natural?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2007, 11:47:04 AM »
imo, depends on the level of the natural.

My workout partner is an advanced natural with fuck-all genetics, so I think it'd work for him.

I just wonder about ovetraining

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2007, 02:51:30 PM »
How the hell do you accomplish Giant Sets these days with gyms as crowded as they are nowadays, forcing you to wait for your turn with the equipment?    Maybe if you had your own private gym, otherwise, no friggin' way.

That's the only problem I have now.

My Gold's is so fucking crowded.

Back at my old hardcore gym, we could do giant sets.
HAHA, RON.....

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2007, 02:56:21 PM »
That's the only problem I have now.

My Gold's is so fucking crowded.

Back at my old hardcore gym, we could do giant sets.

The gym I train at is absolutely packed all day long, with the exception of early morning, and it doesn't start to thin out until after 8:30PM. Even at that time there are still 3 dozen people there at closing time.   I'd be luck to find free equipment to do a superset with 2 exercises let alone a giant set of 5.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2007, 04:47:48 PM »
A workout this complex is retarded. Its progressive weight training not rocket science. Milos wants people to think its rocket science. thats how he makes his dough.
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2007, 04:51:22 PM »
Someone posted this pic of the pretentious blowhard "dr. michael moorer"...ROFL

That dumb pic is funny but the comment the guy posted isn't?  The guy owned you Pumpster. Your comeback reeks of desperation.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2007, 05:18:16 PM »
That dumb pic is funny but the comment the guy posted isn't?  The guy owned you Pumpster. Your comeback reeks of desperation.

You have serious issues with inadequacy dude, in no small part due to your 13" guns here on a bodybuilding site. You're absolutely friggin' ripe for the Milos plan, you loser. I can easily see your arms skyrocketing to at least 13 1/4" on it. Watch out for those stretch marks! ::)

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2007, 05:21:02 PM »
how come putting someones name in quotes is supposed to be an insult.  im surprised all the brainiacs on here cant come up with anything other than,   ok "username"  ::)

settle down "halloweenman".
Deep Tissue Massage

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2007, 06:02:51 PM »
I always go to the gym around 9 pm so there isn't a lot of people.

it took be about 10 minutes to put everything in place and I was ready to go !

I can't say I'd do it every week, I would alternate it with a heavy arms workout too with lower reps of 6-8

Pretty much agree, though I thrown in weeks with more reps (8-10) too.
The lighter weights you must use with Giant sets, forces your muscles to work a lot harder, but (the main reason I started to try the giant set method) allows your joints a rest. Since I started using giant sets about 3 months ago, my joints almost feel like new.
I don't use the program exclusively, and I'm not even Milos would use it every workout, every day for months on end. Every few weeks, though, it really gets you good.

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
  • Team What The Fuck?!?!?!
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2007, 07:03:54 PM »
settle down "halloweenman".

ok "power rod"   ::)
F

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • http://www.milossarcev.com
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2007, 07:45:44 PM »
I disagree - sorta. As you get more advanced, you require more varied stimulus.

But imo, you are right, those exercises he's doing are all very simple and basic ,so you're right, it's not rocket science in that sense.

On the other hand, its not what he's doing, its the fact that he's doing both a lot, quick, full contraction and sometimes partials or cheats, strategic pauses, and a huge variety.

Soon, Hyde will get accommodated to that workout and it'll have to change. My guess is that Milos changes it -- at least slightly -- each workout. Throw one or two exercises out, toss a new one in with an extreme angle or method to surprise the muscle.

But what he throws in, is what makes Milos, Milos. As his client changes, my guess is that Milos analyzes what's changing. Then throws in exercises to emphasize any weak points that are starting to appear. So it's a constant balancing act.

It's actually kinda cool. I'm just beginning to get it cuz my trainer is smart (I'm parroting what he tells me) not me.

;)

"Observe everything...accept what is usefull...discard what is useless and create YOUR OWN...(style of training)". - Bruce Lee

Every day is opportunity to learn something new...something better.
Tomorrow's workout will be better than today's...

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2007, 04:24:18 AM »
You have serious issues with inadequacy dude, in no small part due to your 13" guns here on a bodybuilding site. You're absolutely friggin' ripe for the Milos plan, you loser. I can easily see your arms skyrocketing to at least 13 1/4" on it. Watch out for those stretch marks! ::)

Wow, what an awesome comeback. ::)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2007, 04:28:08 AM »
;)

"Observe everything...accept what is usefull...discard what is useless and create YOUR OWN...(style of training)". - Bruce Lee

Every day is opportunity to learn something new...something better.
Tomorrow's workout will be better than today's...

Weight training is simple. The greatest bodybuilders in history like Arnold, Sergio, Reeves used basic, straightforward routines. You could blow your arms up just using barbell curls, dumbell curls, lying triceps extensions, pressdowns and some forearm work. Thats about it.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2007, 04:29:13 AM »

How many times you jerk off to that photo now>

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2007, 04:37:35 AM »
Milos method is pathetic, sarcev who the fuck has 4 hours to spend in a gym