Author Topic: Professor at Kent State University running Jihad web site  (Read 3925 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: Professor at Kent State University running Jihad web site
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2007, 03:23:50 AM »
Wait, that's not I'm saying, outside of an educational establishment it's free game. But there are responsibilities within that establishment. You believe this is not true, and I believe that to be idiotic.

But that is what you're saying... Educational establishments are all about thought aren't they?

If you tell one professor that he can't teach because he might convince a child to Jihad... You have to be for another teacher not teaching because he might convert someone to Christianity if they are very prominent in their church, or that perhaps they believe in Communism or Capitalism or whatever.

Because they are prominent and vocal about their beliefs... they should not be allowed to teach... That's what you're saying.

I believe you're heading down a very slippery slope if you start telling people what they are allowed to do in regards to educating because of their religious beliefs.

Or really, you're just saying it because it's "Jihad" and it's "Muslim" and because it teaches violence, then we should not allow those teachers who believe it to teach... Then we should not allow Football, Hockey, or any other violent sport because it teaches violence.

Institutions of higher learning are SUPPOSED to expose young adults to numerous things... If by the age of 18, a child doesn't realize that killing is wrong, they were screwed long before they met this professor.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2007, 03:29:47 AM »
Right, so I should be allowed to make a white power website advocating the murder of black people, and still be able to teach at an educational establishment?

This isn't going far between us now, it's a roundabout, we need someone else's input.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2007, 03:35:52 AM »
Right, so I should be allowed to make a white power website advocating the murder of black people, and still be able to teach at an educational establishment?

This isn't going far between us now, it's a roundabout, we need someone else's input.

In my opinion you can make a website about whatever you want... People do it all the time... There's a million white power websites out there and YES some of them do teach.

If my son is in a professor's class and the professor starts going on about white power blah blah blah... then of course I would expect my son to either suck it up and deal with it, or drop that class... I certainly don't expect my son to start "lynching" people because of their color.

He does not know bigotry of any form... and I have taught him how stupid it is.

Again, I don't think the professor has any pull on anyone's personal life.

There's an old saying... "No one can make anyone do anything they don't want to do."

I believe that whole heartedly... If someone starts offing Christians because of a Jihad, or black people because some dipshit said "white power" a lot, then those people wanted to do it anyway and just wanted an excuse.

I don't believe in condemning  people  for thought... Watch them... Carefully, but until they do something, you are just taking away their freedom, and that is wrong.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2007, 03:45:51 AM »
All idealistic points.

And I don't believe with "No one can make anyone do anything they don't want to do."

Some naive and weak minding individuals ultimately do make their own decisions thru the manipulation of others, if you would have asked them a year prior they would have rejected the claims, only to be molded by other people. As does the islamic ideology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideology
الاسلام هو شيطانية

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2007, 03:47:58 AM »
All idealistic points.

And I don't believe with "No one can make anyone do anything they don't want to do."

Some naive and weak minding individuals ultimately do make their own decisions thru the manipulation of others, if you would have asked them a year prior they would have rejected the claims, only to be molded by other people. As does the islamic ideology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideology

Freedom is an idealistic idea isn't it?

I suppose I'm just an idealistic person then... I believe in peoples rights.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2007, 04:12:42 AM »
Well counter evidence against your point of "people only do what they want to do" and in favour of my "people can be changed by an external force to believe in something they wouldn't have" is nazism in Germany.

Do you believe the majority of people in Germany hated Jews and Gypsies prior to being manipulated by the Nazi regime?

Now you're trying to sound poetic: "I suppose I'm just an idealistic person then... I believe in peoples rights."
الاسلام هو شيطانية

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2007, 12:34:58 PM »
Well counter evidence against your point of "people only do what they want to do" and in favour of my "people can be changed by an external force to believe in something they wouldn't have" is nazism in Germany.

Do you believe the majority of people in Germany hated Jews and Gypsies prior to being manipulated by the Nazi regime?

Now you're trying to sound poetic: "I suppose I'm just an idealistic person then... I believe in peoples rights."

Not trying to sound poetic at all... that is just what I believe.

I believe that the people in Germany were looking for a scapegoat for their problems at the time... they didn't care who it was... Hitler said Jews.

The basic principle is the same... The German populace at the time WANTED to blame their problems on someone... which really goes in line with what I'm saying.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2007, 03:29:54 PM »
So, little boys aged 8 etc model "aryans" where looking for a scapegoat?

INTERESTING! :o
الاسلام هو شيطانية

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2007, 03:35:55 PM »
So, little boys aged 8 etc model "aryans" where looking for a scapegoat?

INTERESTING! :o

Man, no 8 year old gave a shit... we're talking about ADULTS.

He is a professor, teaching ADULTS... you sure are good at the spin... no, wait... you're not.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2007, 04:03:43 PM »
Man, no 8 year old gave a shit... we're talking about ADULTS.

He is a professor, teaching ADULTS... you sure are good at the spin... no, wait... you're not.

I'm not gonna agree that all college students are "adults".
الاسلام هو شيطانية

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2007, 04:05:38 PM »
I'm not gonna agree that all college students are "adults".

Funny... 99% can vote, and in many countries drink and fight in wars, and they pay taxes.... I'd say they are adults.

Apparently you have some different qualification for the term.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2007, 04:22:04 PM »
Funny... 99% can vote, and in many countries drink and fight in wars, and they pay taxes.... I'd say they are adults.

I wouldn't.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2007, 04:26:28 PM »
I'm kinda caught up on this one. I mean he does have the right to express his views, but others have the right to be displeased. Obviously, if he's teaching that jihad garbage in class then he needs to go.

I'm an advocate for palestinian rights myself, but I don't go about praising terrorists and suicide bombers. This professor seems extreme.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2007, 04:28:32 PM »
I'm kinda caught up on this one. I mean he does have the right to express his views, but others have the right to be displeased. Obviously, if he's teaching that jihad garbage in class then he needs to go.

I'm an advocate for palestinian rights myself, but I don't go about praising terrorists and suicide bombers. This professor seems extreme.

I believe the point was that he was not teaching it in his classroom, but was advocating it outside in his personal life.