Author Topic: Professor at Kent State University running Jihad web site  (Read 3926 times)

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
Professor at Kent State University running Jihad web site
« on: February 28, 2007, 02:50:12 PM »
http://www.townhall.com/columnists/MikeSAdams/2007/02/28/me_and_julio_down_by_the_schoolyard

Interesting article right in your own back yard.

Why does the University still employ this fag?

Even after a petition:
http://www.petitiononline.com/drpino/petition.html
الاسلام هو شيطانية

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
Re: Professor at Kent State University running Jihad web site
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 02:52:11 PM »
You're asking for petition signatures and you call him gay?

LOL

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 02:56:10 PM »
You're asking for petition signatures and you call him gay?

LOL

Huh? No, the point I was making with the petition was that the University is fully aware of his jihadistic beliefs, yet they still employ him, and he is paid with YOUR tax money.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 03:26:36 PM »
http://www.townhall.com/columnists/MikeSAdams/2007/02/28/me_and_julio_down_by_the_schoolyard

Even after a petition:

Unbelievable.  Outrageous.  :o

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 02:59:04 PM »
Kent State issued a statement today saying the university has no connection to an anti-American Web site conservative bloggers say is run by associate professor of history Julio Pino.

Yesterday columnist Mike S. Adams accused Pino of running a blog called "Global War" at http://global-war.bloghi.com. The blog makes statements supporting al-Qaida and the Taliban and calls itself a "jihadist news service."

According to Kent State, the university has found no evidence that the site in question is run by Pino or that the man pictured on the site is Pino, nor has it found evidence that university servers were used in the creation or maintenance of the site.

"The opinions on the Web site ("Global War") do not represent the university," the statement said. "We do not speak for Pino nor defend any views he might have, and he does not speak for Kent State, his department or other faculty."
w

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 03:04:52 PM »

Even after a petition:

He must be tenured. They probably could only get rid of him then is if he kills somebody.
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 03:07:48 PM »
Hopefully some rednecks get hold of that guy. >:(
The House that Ruth built

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 03:41:58 PM »
What kind of pisses me off is the censorship and re-direction taking place on the internet.

I clicked on the link, and it redirects me to a different site. WTF!!!

If I wanted to see a different site, I would have clicked on a different site.

I was eventually able to see it, by clicking on it, and immediately doing a screenshot.

This pisses me off about the coming state run by incestuous corporations in bed with each other.

It's bad enough you have to pay for the isp, ...but then it gives you  what it wants to give you,
...and you're the sucker who's paying for it? ???   >:(
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 05:40:55 PM »
He must be tenured. They probably could only get rid of him then is if he kills somebody.

He'd probably have to kill a student in the classroom.  I view tenured professors second only to federal judges when it comes to job security.   

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 01:17:13 PM »
Professor accused of writing jihad blog
Julio Pino speaks out for his rights after national attention
by Katie Alberti

Issue date: 3/2/07 Section: News
Originally published: 3/2/07 at 12:52 AM EST Last update: 3/2/07 at 2:53 AM EST

Julio "Assad" Pino said the blog isn't the issue - it's freedom of speech.

At issue is a controversial blog that says Pino has ties to a Web site that supports al-Qaida, the Taliban and militant Palestinians.

On Tuesday, the Drudge Report, an international news Web site, posted a blog by Mike Adams, associate professor of sociology and criminal justice at the University of North Carolina-Wilmington. Within the blog, Adams alleges Pino, associate professor of history at Kent State, runs the site "Global War," which calls itself "a jihadist news service."

VIDEO

Watch an interview with Stater News editor Katie Alberti concerning the controversial Web site "Global War," which professor Julio Pino is accused of running. 

According to Adams' blog, he says because of Pino's decision to "'provide battle dispatches, training manuals, and jihad videos to our (enemies) worldwide' (he) deserves to be arrested and sent to an island off the coast of North America, stripped naked, interrogated, and, if necessary, tortured to ascertain the extent of his involvement in assisting our enemies."

Pino said he wouldn't acknowledge any connection with the extremist blog that has attracted national attention.

"The Web site is not the issue - freedom of speech is the issue," he said.

In his first in-depth interview on the subject, Pino said Adams went "beyond the course of civilized behavior."

"It all started because a man, or professor, from North Carolina, who knows nothing, made allegations that threaten me," Pino said.

He said he would not comment on "Global War" or his personal beliefs about the Web site.

"I have no comment," Pino said. "It is something which I feel every American holds dear: The right to say things and not say things."

Philosophy professor Norman Fischer, a friend of Pino's, said there is no reason for the media hype surrounding Adams' blog.

"This is the new McCarthyism - a revival attempt to stop political speech," Fischer said.

The blog is an issue, Fischer said, because Pino is a defender of Palestinian rights, something Americans might not agree with.

"As a citizen, I support Palestinian rights," he said. "So does Jimmy Carter and Assad Pino. We suffer the most from this new McCarthyism."

Pino, a Muslim convert, said he considers himself a "humble servant of God" and believes God wants peace.

In addition, he said the media attention has come about from his "unpopular" beliefs. But, he said it's what happens when "buzz words, such as terrorist" are used.

Yesterday morning, Kent State issued a statement emphasizing there is no connection between the university and the blog. The statement also said:
  • There is no evidence the Web site is authorized by Pino.
  • No Kent State servers or resources were used to create or maintain the site.
  • Pino has no complaints registered by students or instructors about his classroom conduct and demeanor.
  • The opinions on the Web site do not reflect those of the university.
  • Kent State and Pino have received hate mail and threats, which will be monitored by university officials.
  • As an employer, proper university processes are used to determine if a faculty member should be dismissed.
  • Kent State asked the blogs and sources to refrain from writing and distributing information associating the university with the Web site.

Pino echoed the university's statement.

"I don't speak for the university," he said. "And the university doesn't speak for me or endorse my beliefs."

Pino said he hasn't responded to interview requests from CNN, Fox and other media outlets because it's a matter of his personal beliefs.

"I don't want to be the focus of attention," he said. "If people have a personal problem, let them address me personally."

John Jameson, professor and chair of the history department, said Pino - along with the department - have received numerous threatening e-mails and telephone calls because of the blog.

"There's a concern for the faculty member Dr. Pino," he explained. "Some of the e-mails that have come into the university are threatening bodily harm. The blog itself that professor Adams has written, the last paragraph indicated he should be fired, arrested and taken to an island and stripped of his rights. This part is not getting a whole lot of coverage - that's not exactly an attitude that any sane group would care to advocate."

Jameson said Pino has been in the news before, such as in 2002 when he a wrote a Stater column praising a Palestinian suicide bomber.

But, Jameson said Pino has never had problems with his students.

"There'll be the occasional complaining student, but there doesn't seem to be any real issues here," he explained. "As far as overall effectiveness and teacher evaluations, he's a strong teacher."

Despite the attention he's received, Pino said every American should be able to state their opinions on any subject without feeling as if they'll be punished.

"I think it's important for all voices to be heard in the U.S.," he said. "Protect the rights of people and agree to disagree with me. The people who are upset are not reflecting on this issue but going with a gut reaction."
w

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2007, 01:44:57 AM »
Well of course he's a "servant of god and wants peace" NOW ::)

Muslims lie, more than the rest of us...

::) of course you can't believe this Jag because he has the same colour of skin as you...
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2007, 08:35:31 AM »
Oh, Ok. The guy is only a writer for a Jihadist blog and not the owner. All is forgiven.

________________________ _____

Kent State denies ties to jihadi site
Department head says professor contributed news but isn't creator
By Carol Biliczky
Beacon Journal staff writer
An Internet story on Wednesday identified a Kent State faculty member as the author of a jihadist news service on the Web.

The Drudge Report story accused Julio ``Assad'' Pino of posting ``Global War'' at global-war.bloghi.com.

Pino, 46, a Muslim convert and associate professor of history at KSU, did not return phone calls seeking comment.

His department head, John Jameson, defended him as a good teacher and said the allegations in the story appeared to have been blown out of proportion.

He said Pino told him he provided news stories to the Web site but didn't accept any ownership of it.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2007, 08:03:29 PM »
put him on a one-way flight to arghanistan, im sure he'll be happier there.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2007, 08:06:28 PM »
Well of course he's a "servant of god and wants peace" NOW ::)

Muslims lie, more than the rest of us...

::) of course you can't believe this Jag because he has the same colour of skin as you...

Actually Nordic, he is a muslim convert, and with a name like Pino, I suspect his skin color is more like yours.
w

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2007, 01:51:39 AM »
Actually Nordic, he is a muslim convert, and with a name like Pino, I suspect his skin color is more like yours.

Want a wager on that?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2007, 02:05:21 AM »
It's his right to SAY whatever he wants... however, if he DOES something... then we get to hang him... how's that?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2007, 02:19:51 AM »
It's his right to SAY whatever he wants... however, if he DOES something... then we get to hang him... how's that?

Moral condemnation might be an idea.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2007, 02:21:46 AM »
Moral condemnation might be an idea.

Who am I to condemn the idea of Jihad?

Do I think it's insane? Sure.

Stupid? Definitely.

Lots of things are insane and stupid, but as long as people only talk about them... there is no crime.

Crime requires action... when the action is taken, then and only then, can we take action in return.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2007, 02:44:58 AM »
Who am I to condemn the idea of Jihad?

Do I think it's insane? Sure.

Stupid? Definitely.

Lots of things are insane and stupid, but as long as people only talk about them... there is no crime.

Crime requires action... when the action is taken, then and only then, can we take action in return.

Ok, appears someone hasn't learnt from Nazism.

That started as just "talking", and you're very privileged to live in a part of the world where jihad hardly effects you. But those 10 year old kids in Sudan, Somalia, Afghanistan, Indonesia and Malaysia which are slaughtered daily are not.

Yeah you're right, "jihad" is above condemnation.

Leftist thinking like this is what is ruining Europe.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2007, 02:48:45 AM »
Ok, appears someone hasn't learnt from Nazism.

That started as just "talking", and you're very privileged to live in a part of the world where jihad hardly effects you. But those 10 year old kids in Sudan, Somalia, Afghanistan, Indonesia and Malaysia which are slaughtered daily are not.

Yeah you're right, "jihad" is above condemnation.

Leftist thinking like this is what is ruining Europe.

No, that's not true... When the Nazi's started rounding people up, THAT's when people should have done something... They let the Nazi's DO things, and didn't stop them.

It's not talk that hurts people.

See, what you are doing is putting thoughts and actions in the same light, and fortunately, they are not.

If this guy talks Jihad all day, I don't care... the second he does something and causes anyone to loose their individual liberties... THEN I take issue with it.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2007, 02:55:58 AM »
No, that's not true... When the Nazi's started rounding people up, THAT's when people should have done something... They let the Nazi's DO things, and didn't stop them.

It's not talk that hurts people.

See, what you are doing is putting thoughts and actions in the same light, and fortunately, they are not.

If this guy talks Jihad all day, I don't care... the second he does something and causes anyone to loose their individual liberties... THEN I take issue with it.

So if I stand outside a school shouting "drugs are ok" etc etc... That's ok?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2007, 02:57:13 AM »
So if I stand outside a school shouting "drugs are ok" etc etc... That's ok?

It's fine by me... I've already taught my kid that drugs are not good for him and if he takes them and I catch him... he's dead... so sure, have at it...

My kid will be the one kicking you in the balls for being stupid.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2007, 03:07:10 AM »
It's fine by me... I've already taught my kid that drugs are not good for him and if he takes them and I catch him... he's dead... so sure, have at it...

My kid will be the one kicking you in the balls for being stupid.

Well, personally, as far as I am concerned he is in a position where his opinions may have effect on students. When I was in college I can tell you nobody was as headstrong as they thought - me included - they were all susceptible to manipulation in one form or another. You can see it in the way they dress, behave etc.

All it requires is a single naive muslim student to take action from this mans words. If this led to this theoretical muslim student killing some people from the seed this "teacher" planted - then was condemnation not worth it?

And if me advertising illegal drugs in a positive light to kids outside a school in your opinion is "ok", then you're so far left it's dangerous.

Don't ever think your kid won't be persuaded by anybody but yourself.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2007, 03:16:01 AM »
Well, personally, as far as I am concerned he is in a position where his opinions may have effect on students. When I was in college I can tell you nobody was as headstrong as they thought - me included - they were all susceptible to manipulation in one form or another. You can see it in the way they dress, behave etc.

All it requires is a single naive muslim student to take action from this mans words. If this led to this theoretical muslim student killing some people from the seed this "teacher" planted - then was condemnation not worth it?

And if me advertising illegal drugs in a positive light to kids outside a school in your opinion is "ok", then you're so far left it's dangerous.

Don't ever think your kid won't be persuaded by anybody but yourself.

Left? Why is it Left or Right? WTF?

This isn't about some political agenda.

This is about having faith that I did a good job raising my kid to think for himself, not follow some crowd... I didn't follow a crowd... and even when I did some things that others were doing, I knew a limit... going to the mall hanging out with friends is ok... Killing people is not.

My parents raised a free thinking kid.

If a teacher makes some kid jump up and start killing people because of a "Jihad", then that kid is a fool and their parents should have taught "THEM" better.

I do not beleive that we must protect everyone from themselves... No one points a gun at a kid and says "Go kill this person". It just doesn't work like that...

You're saying we should be directing people how to think is what you're telling me? Isn't that as fascist as anything any Nazi ever did?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2007, 03:18:35 AM »
Left? Why is it Left or Right? WTF?

This isn't about some political agenda.

This is about having faith that I did a good job raising my kid to think for himself, not follow some crowd... I didn't follow a crowd... and even when I did some things that others were doing, I knew a limit... going to the mall hanging out with friends is ok... Killing people is not.

My parents raised a free thinking kid.

If a teacher makes some kid jump up and start killing people because of a "Jihad", then that kid is a fool and their parents should have taught "THEM" better.

I do not beleive that we must protect everyone from themselves... No one points a gun at a kid and says "Go kill this person". It just doesn't work like that...

You're saying we should be directing people how to think is what you're telling me? Isn't that as fascist as anything any Nazi ever did?

Wait, that's not I'm saying, outside of an educational establishment it's free game. But there are responsibilities within that establishment. You believe this is not true, and I believe that to be idiotic.
الاسلام هو شيطانية