Author Topic: Muslim cabbies tell airport they won't bend in alcohol dispute  (Read 5605 times)

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
Muslim cabbies tell airport they won't bend in alcohol dispute
« on: February 28, 2007, 02:54:24 PM »
"I am Muslim. I'm not going to carry alcohol," Mohamed, a driver for Bloomington Cab, told a Metropolitan Airports Commission panel that gathered public opinion Tuesday regarding proposed penalties for cabbies who refuse service to passengers carrying alcohol.

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/breaking_news/16796944.htm?template=contentModules/printstory.jsp

The islamisation of the US begins.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Muslim cabbies tell airport they won't bend in alcohol dispute
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 03:17:48 PM »
That's messed up.... Away with him >:(

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 03:20:15 PM »
Worse still is the refusal to carry blind passengers due to their canine companions.
Thread Killer

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 03:29:34 PM »
Worse still is the refusal to carry blind passengers due to their canine companions.

Haha. Is there something in the Koran about that? "Beast shall transport man. Never other way round."  :)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 03:33:10 PM »
Haha. Is there something in the Koran about that? "Beast shall transport man. Never other way round."  :)

I'm really not sure, but I think whoever calls the shots on this should realise the vision impaired community's rights have to come first.
Thread Killer

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 03:55:14 PM »
"I am Muslim. I'm not going to carry alcohol," Mohamed, a driver for Bloomington Cab, told a Metropolitan Airports Commission panel that gathered public opinion Tuesday regarding proposed penalties for cabbies who refuse service to passengers carrying alcohol.

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/breaking_news/16796944.htm?template=contentModules/printstory.jsp

How do they even know if someone is carrying alcohol?

I say it's a free country, ...and they have the right to refuse carriage to anyone carrying alcohol, or travelling with a seeing eye dog if that's what they believe. By exercising that right, ...they also have the right to seek employment in some other capacity. By the same token, the cab companies also have the right as well as duty to fire their asses, ...and the city or whoever licenses cabs has the right to revoke and/or refuse to re-issue their licenses for discrimination. Their beliefs are one thing, ...however, when it infringes upon the lawful rights of others... they have no business being in a capacity that demands the rights of others be trampelled so they can practice their beliefs. Time for those cabbis to get a different job.
w

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 03:59:06 PM »

I say it's a free country, ...and they have the right to refuse carriage to anyone carrying alcohol, or travelling with a seeing eye dog if that's what they believe. By exercising that right, ...they also have the right to seek employment in some other capacity. By the same token, the cab companies also have the right as well as duty to fire their asses, ...and the city or whoever licenses cabs has the right to revoke and/or refuse to re-issue their licenses for discrimination. Their beliefs are one thing, ...however, when it infringes upon the lawful rights of others... they have no business being in a capacity that demands the rights of others be trampelled so they can practice their beliefs. Time for those cabbis to get a different job.

Your PC drivel makes me cringe. You need a good fucking off a 14 inch dildo.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 04:04:27 PM »

I say it's a free country, ...and they have the right to refuse carriage to anyone carrying alcohol, or travelling with a seeing eye dog if that's what they believe.

You must be kidding.
Thread Killer

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 04:06:27 PM »
You must be kidding.

No, she really believes discrimation is a valid choice if it is your belief.

If you ask me... businesses should discriminate against black women and not employ them!
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 04:07:22 PM »

Probably people carry alcohol separately, in duty-free bags?

Or if they're like me... you can hear their clanging bottles in the suitcase a mile away.  :D

Immigrants are often taxi drivers, and Sommalians tend to be strict about interpreting their religion so makes sense the dispute would center around this particular business. But, what you say is true... there are other means of gainful employment that wouldn't infringe on their beliefs.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 04:09:24 PM »

I'm sure you're equally appalled by Christian pharmacists who refuse to dispense medically prescribed abortion pills.

Right?  :)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 04:12:47 PM »
Your PC drivel makes me cringe. You need a good fucking off a 14 inch dildo.

don't tease me.  :P
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2007, 04:13:51 PM »
You must be kidding.

You must be illiterate.
w

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2007, 04:16:00 PM »
You must be illiterate.

Yes, my seeing eye dog proof-reads everything I type here.  Thankfully, my residence is not under Sharia law.
Thread Killer

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2007, 04:19:15 PM »
Hey, please hold it down in this thread, this is not a bush bashing thread and as such is supposed to be limited in particpation!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2007, 04:21:57 PM »
Yes, my seeing eye dog proof-reads everything I type here.  Thankfully, my residence is not under Sharia law.

That explains it.    ;)

w

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2007, 04:41:05 PM »
That explains it.    ;)

You, on the other hand, have no reasonable excuse for putting the wants of immigrant taxi drivers before the needs of people that are vision impaired.  Shame on you.
Thread Killer

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2007, 04:54:48 PM »
You, on the other hand, have no reasonable excuse for putting the wants of immigrant taxi drivers before the needs of people that are vision impaired.  Shame on you.

OK, so your seeing eye dog proof-reads everything you type.
What I wanna know is who translates or interprets what you read?
...John Feith and the neo-con cherry pickers?
w

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2007, 04:55:41 PM »
OK, so your seeing eye dog proof-reads everything you type.
What I wanna know is who translates or interprets what you read?
...John Feith and the neo-con cherry pickers?

Could it be the same person that pens your witty material?
Thread Killer

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2007, 05:06:06 PM »
Could it be the same person that pens your witty material?

Is this a new incarnation? Are we witnessing the re-birth of Bruce.
From passive / aggressive spin meister to naive troll? Enquiring minds want to know.
w

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2007, 05:10:11 PM »
Is this a new incarnation? Are we witnessing the re-birth of Bruce.
From passive / aggressive spin meister to naive troll? Enquiring minds want to know.

Care to engage this 'troll' in a debate?  You name the topic, we'll let the others decide the winner.  Think you can beat me?
Thread Killer

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2007, 05:14:02 PM »
Care to engage this 'troll' in a debate?  You name the topic, we'll let the others decide the winner.  Think you can beat me?

{LOL} I was mistaken, ...not just a naive troll, ...but a comedian too (not a good one, but I give pts for trying)
Sorry, you're not worth the effort, ...not that it would require much, ...but still not worth it.
w

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2007, 05:15:29 PM »
{LOL} I was mistaken, ...not just a naive troll, ...but a comedian too (not a good one, but I give pts for trying)
Sorry, you're not worth the effort, ...not that it would require much, ...but still not worth it.

How novel, you label my efforts here trollism, and yet you back down from a reasoned debate against me.  I'll put you back into the 'politely ignore' box from now on, okay?
Thread Killer

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2007, 05:15:40 PM »

He's lonely in The Cage without anyone to keep him company.  :)

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2007, 05:15:58 PM »
Doesn't look like there's much to debate.  Judi was agreeing that Sommalian taxi drivers should find other employment if they can't bring themselves to transport passengers with alcohol.  From the article posted, it doesn't appear that transporting seeing eye dogs is an issue with these people.

The Ribo does bring up food for thought in the post that got squashed between the others...