Author Topic: Juicers - veg & fruits  (Read 2237 times)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Juicers - veg & fruits
« on: March 02, 2007, 05:52:30 AM »
Anybody use a juicer?   What brand?   Any good recipes?    I should probably get more veggies in and I though juicing would be good.  A friend of mine juices beets with some fruit to make it taste good.   :P

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: Juicers - veg & fruits
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 07:09:32 AM »
I had one years ago.  The cleanup was too much trouble, so it never got much use after the first few weeks.  :'(

Hopefully they've got some better designs out now, but keep it in mind if you go out to spend your hard earned.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 11:31:50 AM »
I had one years ago.  The cleanup was too much trouble, so it never got much use after the first few weeks.  :'(

Hopefully they've got some better designs out now, but keep it in mind if you go out to spend your hard earned.

I agree. It was such a pain to clean up that I only used it about ten times or so.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 11:41:20 AM »
Mail me your pulp for compost.  ;D
S

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 05:39:02 PM »
I agree. It was such a pain to clean up that I only used it about ten times or so.

Same here - pain in the a$$ to clean.  I have a Juiceman Plus.  I used to juice carrots and tried dozens of different combinations.  Beets or any beet juice in a mix was just nasty  :-X   My favorites were carrots with 1/2 granny smith apple (this was the "base" for any combo) or plain 'ol OJ - the secret is to use a potato peeler to remove just the zest - leave all the white on.  It comes out smooth and creamy and tastes like a dreamsicle  :P
:

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 09:10:46 AM »

::)

my blender caught on fire grinding up chicken bones.   8)

I'm afraid to ask but why were you grinding up chicken bones?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 09:12:55 AM »
That's some voodoo shit right there.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 02:11:01 PM »

I bought this Waring juice extractor for $79.99 (on sale from $99.99) at Macy's. I have not used it yet.

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 04:07:13 AM »
I don't know about the other people, but I have a fridge ;D

I make a 1,5 liter once a week and keep it the fridge. I use the pulp in salads. Cleaning isn't a real big issue, once our finished you have drinks for a couple off days and pulp for a couple of days.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 09:01:57 PM »
    I could get a blender and just cut the veggies/fruits up and just blend em?  I like things pulpy anyways.   :-\

I don't think the result would desireable  :-X
:

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2007, 05:58:32 PM »

::)

it sounds like I would probably use it a few,and then put it on a shelf.      :P

I'd be better off getting a new blender and using the pulp and all which is good for you anyways

my blender caught on fire grinding up chicken bones.   8)

blending fruit and veggies defeats the purpose of juicing in the first place. you want to REMOVE the fiber, ie increase absorption rates. this increases the amount of enzymes flushing the system(hepatic system) and is the key to the health benefits. proteolytic enzymes are key here as they seem to bypass the gastric lining intact. which would help with bodybuilding.

i would juice and just suck it up and clean it.
i drink a liter of juice a day and it gives me a ton of energy. make sure there is a source of chlorophyl(spinach,kale,parsley, wheat grass).