Author Topic: Did Bush have plans to invade Iraq BEFORE 9/11?  (Read 3696 times)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Did Bush have plans to invade Iraq BEFORE 9/11?
« on: March 04, 2007, 09:29:51 PM »
This is somewhat old news but still relevant. There is quite a bit of speculation that our esteemed President wanted to invade Iraq long before the terrorist attacks of 9/11. Is this just the Liberal spinmeisters trying to discredit Bush or do these allegations have merit?

From an article published on March 17, 2005.

Two years ago today - when President George Bush announced US, British and Allied forces would begin to bomb Baghdad - protesters claimed the US had a secret plan for Iraq's oil once Saddam had been conquered.

In fact there were two conflicting plans, setting off a hidden policy war between neo-conservatives at the Pentagon, on one side, versus a combination of "Big Oil" executives and US State Department "pragmatists".

"Big Oil" appears to have won. The latest plan, obtained by Newsnight from the US State Department was, we learned, drafted with the help of American oil industry consultants.

Insiders told Newsnight that planning began "within weeks" of Bush's first taking office in 2001, long before the September 11th attack on the US.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/4354269.stm

"He was thinking about invading Iraq in 1999," said President Bush's former ghost writer.

"It was on his mind. He said to me: 'One of the keys to being seen as a great leader is to be seen as a commander-in-chief.' And he said, 'My father had all this political capital built up when he drove the Iraqis out of Kuwait and he wasted it.' He said, 'If I have a chance to invade, if I had that much capital, I'm not going to waste it. I'm going to get everything passed that I want to get passed and I'm going to have a successful presidency."

Herskowitz said that Bush expressed frustration at a lifetime as an underachiever in the shadow of an accomplished father. In aggressive military action, he saw the opportunity to emerge from his father's shadow. The moment, Herskowitz said, came in the wake of the September 11 attacks. "Suddenly, he's at 91 percent in the polls, and he'd barely crawled out of the bunker."

http://www.aljazeera.com/cgi-bin/conspiracy_theory/fullstory.asp?id=233

The Bush administration began planning to use U.S. troops to invade Iraq within days after the former Texas governor entered the White House three years ago, former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill told CBS News' 60 Minutes.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/01/10/oneill.bush/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Did Bush have plans to invade Iraq BEFORE 9/11?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 09:38:39 PM »
Iraqi invasion plans were laid on Bush's desk on Sept 10, 2001.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 09:43:04 PM »
It's amazing how much information is out there on this topic. Much of this has been known for a few years. It's surprising to me that more isn't made of it.

(CBS) In the aftermath of Sept. 11, President Bush ordered his then top anti-terrorism adviser to look for a link between Iraq and the attacks, despite being told there didn't seem to be one.

The charge comes from the adviser, Richard Clarke, in an exclusive interview on 60 Minutes.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/03/19/60minutes/main607356.shtml

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 10:16:22 PM »
Iraqi invasion plans were laid on Bush's desk on Sept 10, 2001.

::)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 10:21:33 PM »
::)

You doubt this? I don't know about the 9-10 thing...but he obviously wanted a reason and 9-11 gave it to him.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 10:25:45 PM »
LOL... sorry, my fault.

Even MORE incredibly, bush received Taliban invasion plans the day before 9/11.  holy shit.

September 10, 2001 - The White House's battle plan to invade Afghanistan and topple the Taliban and Osama bin Laden awaits President Bush's approval.

Finger-Pointing On Anti-Terror Plan

"An official said one such plan was drafted during the early days of the Bush administration, but was only ready for presentation to the president on Sept. 10, a day before the attacks.
Top Bush administration officials approved what McCormack called the "comprehensive strategy to eliminate al Qaeda" exactly one week before the Sept. 11 attacks." - CBS (08/05/02)

White House Reveals Pre-9/11 Plan
"The White House acknowledged Friday it had a battle plan to topple Osama bin Laden awaiting President Bush's approval in the days before the Sept. 11 attacks. The administration accused Democrats of seeking political gain by suggesting that Bush ignored warning signs of an attack.
A senior U.S. official, speaking on condition of an anonymity, said the options memo was prepared by Bush's foreign policy team as threats of terrorism spiked. It was dated Sept. 10 and sat on national security adviser Condoleezza Rice's desk for Bush's review when the World Trade Center and the Pentagon were struck.
"Why did it take eight months for us to receive this information? And what specific actions were taken by the White House in response?" Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle, D-S.D., said. "I'm not going to jump to any conclusions, but it's hard to understand why the information was not released."
House Minority Leader Dick Gephardt, D-Mo., posed a variation on the famous Watergate-era question: What did the president know and when did he know it?" - Yahoo News/AP (05/17/02) [Reprinted at:  NewsMine.org]

U.S. OK’d plan to topple Taliban a day before 9/11

"After years of delay caused by inadequate intelligence, the U.S. government decided just one day before the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks that it would try to overthrow the Taliban rulers of Afghanistan if a diplomatic push to expel Osama bin Laden from the country failed...
In the report, which was released at the outset of Tuesday’s hearing, the commission said the plan that senior Bush officials agreed upon on Sept. 10, 2001, featured three phases aimed at forcing the Taliban to expel bin Laden:

The United States would initially use diplomacy to persuade the Taliban to expel bin Laden and, if that failed, conduct a covert program aimed at “encouraging anti-Taliban Afghans to attack al-Qaida bases.”
If those steps failed, the senior Bush administration officials “agreed that the United States would seek to overthrow the Taliban regime through more direct action,” the report said.
But before the plan could be submitted to the president, bin Laden’s terrorists struck the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, killing nearly 3,000 people." - MSNBC (03/25/04)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 10:27:25 PM »
Also on 9/10/2001:

September 10, 2001 - Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld warns of Iraq's pursuit of WMD's hours before US and British planes bomb Iraqi missile sites

September 10, 2001 - The Massachusetts Urban Search and Rescue Task Force -- one of the first teams deployed to the WTC -- arrives late in the evening and goes into action the following morning on 9/11

September 10, 2001 - Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld announces that the Pentagon has lost track of $2.3 TRILLION DOLLARS of military spending.

September 10, 2001 - A group of top Pentagon officials cancel their travel plans for the next morning because of security concerns.

September 10, 2001 - San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown receives a travel warning eight hours before the attacks.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 01:40:29 AM »
  W had always harbored a desire to get back at Saddam for trying to kill his papa; 9/11 gave him an excuse.