Author Topic: China to increase military spending  (Read 1409 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
China to increase military spending
« on: March 05, 2007, 08:53:43 AM »
China increases it's military spending by 17%+

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070304/ap_on_re_as/china_politics_2

China is soon becoming a rival.   Give their economy another 10-20 years and their military budget will start approaching ours.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
Re: China to increase military spending
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 09:20:37 AM »
China increases it's military spending by 17%+

This will pose a challenge to our spending more on defense than the rest of the world combined.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 09:29:09 AM »
These two quotes I found most interesting.

China's military spending is largely oriented toward possible conflicts over Taiwan, which split with the mainland in 1949 and has refused Beijing's offers for peaceful reunification.

The Pentagon believes China's total military spending may be much greater since the announced budget does not include weapons purchases and other key items.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 09:32:13 AM »
These two quotes I found most interesting.

China's military spending is largely oriented toward possible conflicts over Taiwan, which split with the mainland in 1949 and has refused Beijing's offers for peaceful reunification.

The Pentagon believes China's total military spending may be much greater since the announced budget does not include weapons purchases and other key items.

Taiwan is where a conflict with China and the USA will most likely originate.  China has never officially recognized Taiwan as a country and has sworn to make it part of China again.   T

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 09:41:20 AM »
I've never been up to speed on this.

Not that we could do dick about it in any event... but why do we care whether China assimilates Taiwan by force or not?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 09:52:35 AM »

Not that we could do dick about it in any event... but why do we care whether China assimilates Taiwan by force or not?

Because we have political and economic ties with that country.   Taiwan current govenment was established Chiang Kai-shek after the Chineese civil war in the late 1940's that resulted in communist china.

What can we do?  good question.  Ask a Naval commander how our carriers can thwart an attack.... at least for a little while  ;)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 10:13:53 AM »
What can we do?  good question.

China will soon overtake Japan as our largest creditor. If we so much as fart in Beijing's direction, they can dump their trillion or so in US debt instruments on the open market and fuck our economy so hard it will be rectally bleeding for the rest of our lives.

Admittedly, this would be costly to them in several respects. But they rightly consider the Chinese better able to weather deprivation and turmoil than Americans. Plus they control their media.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 10:41:26 AM »
china is some dangerous fvckers.  they just shot down one of their own satellites to show us they could do it.  bumping up their military by a fifth this year alone.

What are they prepping for?

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 10:56:07 AM »
china is some dangerous fvckers.  they just shot down one of their own satellites to show us they could do it.  bumping up their military by a fifth this year alone.

What are they prepping for?

President Cheney.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 04:07:31 PM »

exactly, fuck taiwan... I think you'd find real fast that people in America didn't give a shit.  There's no reason to give a crap about that.  they're all chinese, let them fight it out.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 04:14:20 PM »
But this all is proof that the corporation is in full control of the US Government.  As if any proof was needed.  ::)  The increase in spending was scuffed off as irrelevant... Trade held up as the important subject.