Author Topic: Evaluation/feelings on Tony Freeman  (Read 6290 times)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Evaluation/feelings on Tony Freeman
« on: March 06, 2007, 04:56:12 AM »
Based on his 2 early wins, top spot at the recent ASC and his overall shape and x-factor physique, I give a major thumbs up for the physique of Tony Freeman. Many forgot him and felt he would always be an  lower tier pro, BUT, he proved them wrong. The man is around 6'2" and now carries enough mass to satisfy the most hard core judge and fan. His shape and balance is damn near perfect and all that matters is how conditioned he is when he hits the stage. Yes, Victor and Dex  got past him again at the recent ASC, no complaints here on that, but I think Freeman could beat them both soon. Should he come in shredded for the next Olympia, it might be all she wrote for the rest on the Olympia stage in the fall of 2007.I predict a definite top 3 at the O for Tony with a real shot at the overall title this year.
 Jay Cutler looks more muscular and thick overall, but, Jay needs to be  100% shredded to maintain his edge over the field this year. I have always been a major fan of Tony and feel he has the ideal , modern pro physique.  Comments?

Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Evaluation/feelings on Tony Freeman
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 05:05:09 AM »
Howie,

Having "feelings" for a bodybuilder is dangerous.  They'll break your heart, bro.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 05:15:38 AM »
Why is it that his pec tear gets little to no criticism?  It's still a very noticeable flaw on an awesome physique.  Other guys get nailed for the slightest tear, but he seems to get passes all the way.  Not trying to discredit him, he's awesome, just don't quite see how people are so willing to jump harshly on one guy for a minor tear and not mention the obvious distortion to Freeman's pec?

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 06:32:46 AM »
Why is it that his pec tear gets little to no criticism?  It's still a very noticeable flaw on an awesome physique.  Other guys get nailed for the slightest tear, but he seems to get passes all the way.  Not trying to discredit him, he's awesome, just don't quite see how people are so willing to jump harshly on one guy for a minor tear and not mention the obvious distortion to Freeman's pec?
Because it's NOT a very noticeable flaw. I wouldn't even have seen it if certain people like yourself on this board mentioned it.
!

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 06:40:15 AM »
Based on his 2 early wins, top spot at the recent ASC and his overall shape and x-factor physique, I give a major thumbs up for the physique of Tony Freeman. Many forgot him and felt he would always be an  lower tier pro, BUT, he proved them wrong. The man is around 6'2" and now carries enough mass to satisfy the most hard core judge and fan. His shape and balance is damn near perfect and all that matters is how conditioned he is when he hits the stage. Yes, Victor and Dex  got past him again at the recent ASC, no complaints here on that, but I think Freeman could beat them both soon. Should he come in shredded for the next Olympia, it might be all she wrote for the rest on the Olympia stage in the fall of 2007.I predict a definite top 3 at the O for Tony with a real shot at the overall title this year.
 Jay Cutler looks more muscular and thick overall, but, Jay needs to be  100% shredded to maintain his edge over the field this year. I have always been a major fan of Tony and feel he has the ideal , modern pro physique.  Comments?

Howard

are you not a pedophile  ::) ::)

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 07:11:08 AM »
Because it's NOT a very noticeable flaw. I wouldn't even have seen it if certain people like yourself on this board mentioned it.

His pec tear is only noticeable in front poses....Especially relaxed pose you can tell big time....How old was the oldest Mr. Olympia???? I can't remember, but if Freeman keeps up the way he is going than he might break that record in the next few years.......Best of luck to Freeman he has surprised the hell out of me this year....
You Can't Do It!!!

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 07:12:17 AM »
Howie,

Having "feelings" for a bodybuilder is dangerous.  They'll break your heart, bro.

Beat me to it.  ;D

Rich2

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 07:14:56 AM »
i would still like to see maybe 10 more pounds of muscle on his frame (especially chest and arms) and slightly better conditioning.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 07:24:19 AM »
Beat me to it.  ;D

i am that is not the first time a man has "beat you", did you like it?
Here comes the money shot

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 07:27:12 AM »
Back in 04' he was placing low in the GNC show and in 05' he was mid-low placing at the Arnold... How things have changed in the last 2 years. I have to give him props... I never thought he would rise through the ranks like he did.

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 09:37:27 AM »

WHAT OTHER GUYS ARE THEY JUMPING OR JUDGING HARSHLY ?  distortion ? The pec tear was 9 years ago and you are the only moron complaining about it - what's wrong Toney X you in the Nationals years ago so you could not live your dream of being a body builder? Get over yourself and Post things that make sense - " I do not want to discredit him" then what the hell are you saying?

Moron - I will buy you a ticket and you can sit with me at his next show and then we can look at this magical distortion that has been repaired . You can explain who should be beating him with Shape, symmerty and Size - if you did not know that is BODYBUILDING ....

XMAN is 6'2 289 repaired pec tear and #5 in the world .... Discredit that punk ! T R U E S T O R Y

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 09:39:13 AM »
i would still like to see maybe 10 more pounds of muscle on his frame (especially chest and arms) and slightly better conditioning.

That is the Plan - He will be another headache too Ronnie and Jay ...

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2007, 09:48:12 AM »
Tony is bad muther f'er, but the pec tear is very obvious I am sorry.......
You Can't Do It!!!

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2007, 09:58:02 AM »

Why are you sorry - You guys wanted this guy with the belly too be the next big thing at one time -

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2007, 10:02:09 AM »
Naa I gave up on Badell about two years ago he let himself go and his belly is just gettin bigger...Toney has an amazing shape to him, but the tear is very very noticeble....
You Can't Do It!!!

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2007, 10:22:48 AM »
Naa I gave up on Badell about two years ago he let himself go and his belly is just gettin bigger...Toney has an amazing shape to him, but the tear is very very noticeble....

Does not seem to interfere with his placings.

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2007, 10:27:37 AM »

Like I said Freeman has an amazing shape & condition to him, but in the past judges have torn other great bodybuilders apart for having obvious muscle tears....If Freeman ever did become Mr. Olympia I would have a big, big problem with it honestly, only because his tear does take away from his physique in many frontal poses....When there are other bodybuilders out there that are the same and better than Freeman without the noticeable muscle tear.....
You Can't Do It!!!

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2007, 10:37:27 AM »
Phil Heath and Dexter Jackson appear to have bigger arms than Toney.

Im sure he is doing whatever he can to remedy the situation. I hope he doesnt turn to synthol.

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2007, 11:01:59 AM »
Phil Heath and Dexter Jackson appear to have bigger arms than Toney.

Im sure he is doing whatever he can to remedy the situation. I hope he doesnt turn to synthol.

appear is the magicl word.... well he added size too it last year and I am sure he can have some more for you later on this year....

swoody

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2007, 11:09:09 AM »
You can tell he has a tear, but it does not take away from the fullness of the muscle.  That is why the judges are overlooking it.  In most muscular shots, it just looks like a striation... More tricep and back mass and he could take the whole thing in a year or two...

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2007, 11:31:21 AM »

It's not any more obvioius than a left biceps tear....I think a guy named Dorian had that, he did alright in bodybuilding right? ;)
just not good enough

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2007, 01:42:42 PM »
exactly, it is very noticeable. 

People missed my point/question.  It's not to attack Tony for his tear, he is a bad muther f'er with a #1 physique.  Over the years, it has not been at all uncommon for a minor flaw due to a tear to get 10 times more attention.  I shouldn't have to prove that, anyone who's been on these boards for a while knows this.  I was ONLY curious as to why people didn't dwell on Tony's pec while other guys get nailed bigtime for the problem.  For me, it's not that big of a deal, my question was, how can so many other minor tears be jumped on but Tony largely gets a free pass.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2007, 01:45:07 PM »
exactly and he deserves the placings. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2007, 01:48:26 PM »
It's not any more obvioius than a left biceps tear....I think a guy named Dorian had that, he did alright in bodybuilding right? ;)
yup, but there is no shortage of critics for that tear, hence my question.  Why the free pass on the board for Tony when other minor tears get heavy criticism at times?

AVBG

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2007, 02:01:45 PM »
I wonder how Toney will fair against Dexter this weekend?