Author Topic: Do you ever wonder why you do what you do regarding bodybuilding?  (Read 1985 times)

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
I will always contend that to make it anywhere in bodybuilding (even as an amatuer) you have to be extremely obsessive-compulsive and somewhat vain...it's just how it is. 

That said, do you ever ask yourself, "Why in the hell do I do this?"  Do you ever wonder if you choose this lifestyle or this lifestyle choose you?  Did your personality traits just lead to an obsession with working out?  Did working out for sports lead you into the lifestyle? 

The way one has to eat and live to make it anywhere as a bodybuilder would be viewed as borderline insane by any psychologist.  The meals, the hours of training, the narcissistic tendencies, the compulsion, etc. 

In short, what is it that lead many guys and gals into the bodybuilding/fitness lifestyle? 

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
Re: Do you ever wonder why you do what you do regarding bodybuilding?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 03:38:32 PM »
I would say that it is the heightened existence that comes with the lifestyle, the look, the sex and the drugs. Life is just more exciting when they are inflated, covering up reality, hiding deep insecurities. I think many are just addicted to it and could not exists in the world in its natural boring state. THese are people that always need to be 'high' and at all costs. To live a normal life is just too painful for them. 

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 03:50:12 PM »
i played team sports -mainly baseball my whole life. always having to rely on others. you got 9 guys on a field and if one of them makes a mistake the whole team suffers. bodybuilding is completely up to me, and i cant think of another activity that could provide me with that.

its a great way for me to show off the discipline i have for myself. people are fat and lazy for a reason. not too many people are walking around ripped with muscle that are lazy. people judge you based on how you look. i like people looking at me and knowing i dont watch tv all day eating potato chips.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 03:52:37 PM »
You fucking delusionites make it harder than it has to be.

Its the easiest thing in the world.

Its really.....all.

Too easy.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 03:54:16 PM »
i played team sports -mainly baseball my whole life. always having to rely on others. you got 9 guys on a field and if one of them makes a mistake the whole team suffers. bodybuilding is completely up to me, and i cant think of another activity that could provide me with that.

its a great way for me to show off the discipline i have for myself. people are fat and lazy for a reason. not too many people are walking around ripped with muscle that are lazy. people judge you based on how you look. i like people looking at me and knowing i dont watch tv all day eating potato chips.

I watch TV and eat potato chips A lot and am in really good shape.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 03:55:42 PM »
I watch TV and eat potato chips A lot and am in really good shape.
HAHAHAHAHA, exactly, chips will get you leaner than baked potatos will.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 03:57:18 PM »
HAHAHAHAHA, exactly, chips will get you leaner than baked potatos will.

Agreed.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 03:59:29 PM »
I will always contend that to make it anywhere in bodybuilding (even as an amatuer) you have to be extremely obsessive-compulsive and somewhat vain...it's just how it is. 

That said, do you ever ask yourself, "Why in the hell do I do this?"  Do you ever wonder if you choose this lifestyle or this lifestyle choose you?  Did your personality traits just lead to an obsession with working out?  Did working out for sports lead you into the lifestyle? 

The way one has to eat and live to make it anywhere as a bodybuilder would be viewed as borderline insane by any psychologist.  The meals, the hours of training, the narcissistic tendencies, the compulsion, etc. 

In short, what is it that lead many guys and gals into the bodybuilding/fitness lifestyle? 
Ever thinking about submitting some work for www.animalpak.com ?
?

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 03:59:42 PM »
Another intelligent post by Adonis.  ::)

Along with always admiring extreme size and strength ever since I was an infant,,bodybuilding has changed me in ways nothing else could. It taught me how to discipline myself and how to find strong sources of motivation. I truly owe my change in attitude towards life to bodybuilding. The best example I can give is how before bodybuilding I was a failure in school and in other ways as well. After I took up bodybuilding I started getting the highest grades in my classes because I had that extra confidence which I never had before. I changed from believing that I was doomed to be a failure all of my life to knowing now that I'm going to succeed and be whatever the hell I want to be.

What bonds me with the rest of you people? That's a good question.
~

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 04:24:04 PM »
Yah its really hard eating whatever I want, going to the gym 3-4 times a week for an hour.  ::)

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 08:48:00 PM »
Adonis, you look like a man who doesn't watch what he eats and works out 3 or 4 hours a week, too.  You look like SHIT, Adam!  Do you not realize how PATHETICALLY SMALL you are regarding lean muscle mass?  I'd say 10% of men in America who've never touched a weight in their LIFE have more LEAN MUSCLE MASS than you.  Why?  Because your genetics are SHIT and your work ethic is even worse.

You reign on planet Delusion, though.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 08:59:23 PM »
After seeing bodybuilders and the whole expo deal for the first time in person last week, I've asked similar questions myself.  I will try to articulate all of this in a full report coming soon.  It is...a very different industry.  Not meaning that in a bad way necessarily, but it does take a certain personality to be a bodybuilder I think.

Not meant in a positive/good way, either.... :-\
HAHA, RON.....

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2007, 09:02:14 PM »

I do ask myself that very question, usually on leg day, when I am struggling to breathe, and can barely stand.

Sadly, I'm one of the few people who do legs at my gym. In a way, it makes me feel proud. It takes real desire to train your legs, properly. Most fuckers are doing chest & arms, all week long. Not me.
HAHA, RON.....

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2007, 09:52:04 PM »
Well defined, SEPERATED, STRIATED legs are a GIFT of hard work that very, very, very few will ever know.  They seperate not only the neophytes at the gym from the hardcore trainers but also the hardcore trainers from people like Adonis...

I have, BY FAR, the best wheels at my gym.  Not even close.  And my  brother has better upper-wheels than me, but he lives about 40 miles away.  In Knoxville, there are only 3 or 4 people with better wheels than me, and they ALL use drugs.  Hitting 6 plates per side on the hack squat to parallel on your last set while NATURAL for LIFE at 202 for 4 reps is an accomplishment few will ever know.  Putnam has the best wheels in Knoxville by a landslide but he's playing a different game...

Legs seperate the MEN from the little BOYS/SWIMMERS (Adonis)....

Frauhorn

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2007, 09:58:31 PM »
Well defined, SEPERATED, STRIATED legs are a GIFT of hard work that very, very, very few will ever know.  They seperate not only the neophytes at the gym from the hardcore trainers but also the hardcore trainers from people like Adonis...

I have, BY FAR, the best wheels at my gym.  Not even close.  And my  brother has better upper-wheels than me, but he lives about 40 miles away.  In Knoxville, there are only 3 or 4 people with better wheels than me, and they ALL use drugs.  Hitting 6 plates per side on the hack squat to parallel on your last set while NATURAL for LIFE at 202 for 4 reps is an accomplishment few will ever know.  Putnam has the best wheels in Knoxville by a landslide but he's playing a different game...

6 per side is impressive, esp at that weight
could you post a pic of your wheels please? I'd like to see them

Frauhorn

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007, 10:04:21 PM »

also, just curious. how do you know where your legs rank in the whole city? is there a legs competition at the county fair or something? did you win a ribbon for your legs?

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2007, 10:13:44 PM »
Yep, I've been to every gym locally, but, better yet, I've seen all of the sorry ass drug abusers locally  as well.

Trust me...it's not close...

I do need to get some pics for this forum over the next few days.  Not because I care about any of you, but because I need to back up my smack with pics.  Putnam is the ONLY guy here that he the Size ALONG WITH definition over me...and he's living a different life than me.  Among naturals, it's a "game over" scenario.  Is it due to genetics?  Nope.  Is it due to work ethic?  Yep...

The Heckler

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2007, 10:15:42 PM »
I do need to get some pics for this forum over the next few days.  Not because I care about any of you, but because I need to back up my smack with pics.  Putnam is the ONLY guy here that he the Size ALONG WITH definition over me...and he's living a different life than me.  Among naturals, it's a "game over" scenario.

Yes, we will all be eagerly looking forward to seeing your pictures  ::)

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2007, 10:20:55 PM »
Adonis, at 160 POUNDS of you come show-time is laughable....

I'd shit on your face then piss all over you if you ever approached me at the gym and were to say who you are.  Not because I hate you at all but just because I know that I could do that do you and you're skinny ass could do nothing in response  :D

The Heckler

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2007, 10:22:31 PM »
I'd shit on your face then piss all over you if you ever approached me at the gym and were to say who you are.

of course you would ::)