Author Topic: Mr. Olympia 2007....BIG ISSUES  (Read 3397 times)

nastyn

• Getbig II
Mr. Olympia 2007....BIG ISSUES
« on: March 08, 2007, 01:05:04 AM »
Scott...Oliva...Schwarze negger...Haney....Yates. ..Coleman.....just to name a few...these gentleman and champions of their era were dominating..they werent just great...they exceeded everyones expectations including their own, their oponents..and all the fans.....Yates brought in the era of density, thickness, and size...Ronnie elaborated it.....Heres the problem...Jay Cutler is obvi the current Mr. Olympia...however, the lineup for the 2007 list makes Jay look vulnerable....everyone for the most part knew Ronnie would win for atleast the last  6 years..and what i think, only 2 of his 8 olympias were close calls....the 2006 olympia was a tight race between coleman and cutler....Not to take anything away from Cutler...but he really isnt a gr8 mr. olympia...he doesnt have the olympian body..he is just big all around...his arms are too small for his back..his back is just wide..its not a coleman back...its not a Yates back....his calves are the only thing that is olympia level....the bottom line is...that Cutler is not unbeatable...are we really looking forward to Cutler dominating the next 3-4 Olympias? 
     As far as coleman goes...he will never be like he was in 2003, or 99 etc...bc the old age caught up with him..his time is close to over...however...heres what i believe....I think if he can come in a lil lighter and a similar conditioning to 04,03....I think he should get the title for a few reasons..
1....the man has paid his dues like everyone else..HOWEVER he has 8 sandows...are we going to wait 10-15 more years to have someone race to 8 trophies like Haney and Coleman? Coleman set the bar real high for winnings and bodytype....is Cutler an 8 trophy winner? I dont think so but i think he deserved the 2006 olympia.... bc he came in better than Ronnie..and that is all someone had to do, especiallly Jay, in order to earn the win.....
2....Ronnie should win 2007 is because the man is 43 years old...regardless of what he says to people's faces...he is injured..the training has taken its toll..the lat tear...the quad tear...PLUS he even admits in this months FLEX MAGAZINE issue that he doesnt lift as heavy anymore because hes tryin to come in a little lighter....this obviously means that what has worked for him in the past doesnt work anymore for obvious reasons (age, and losing the 2006 olympia) and the man has earned the right to a 9th trophy having the all time record...Let him retire with that...
3.  No bodybuilder ever reached his size or had cuts at that size...he brought bodybuilding to another level.....who ever thought Yates would get his size and still stay conditioned like that?> the man was granite....Ronnie, although didnt have the conditioning of Yates...had the size and an olympian body...with the exception of Colemans calves....and his 2006 body...the rest of his olympia showings, the man came in with a body that was tremendously overwhelming and hard to compete against...give him a 9th trophy, for no one has ever had a body like his.

I like Jay..I like Coleman and i like most of the olympians...however, Jay's body is not the ideal olympia body...The Olympia is headed in a new direction or in a way, an older traditional direction....more aeshetics, more tie ins..more cuts.....Shawn Ray for example competed in an era where the flavor of the decade was SIZE brought in by Dorian....Shawn competing in the early-mid 80s woulda ripped shit up.....in the 90s it was very complicated to do bc whoever rocked the scales were the most dominating regardless of proportion...Now in the 2000's it appears anyone can get huge due to technological advancements in supplements, gh, insulin, and anabolic steroids, dieruetics etc....The judges are not stupid people, they are aware of this...so what i believe is that they will start looking at people within the next 1-3 years who are more aesthetic as opposed to just pure mass....I believe that if Shawn Ray were to start competing or in his prime starting at this point after the coleman era...he would without a doubt win an olympia in the next 2-5 years....
For Jay to lose this Olympia heres what must happen...Jay must come in a lil heavier which might make him look a lil bloated with a newer lighter Coleman coming in looking crazy at 280-275lbs.....Coleman must repair his back and bring back the width and let it roll for one more ride, take a few inches off his waist and bring the striated glutes in....and let the back double bi turn into LIGHTS OUT GAME OVER mode....Also for Jay to lose...Martinez must come in as heavy as possible without losing the aesethics of his body..gr8 abs...great arms...thick and cut back.....If Jay comes in looking like he did in 2006, he will not win the olympia because although he won that olympia, there were obvious flaws...1, his color was too dark...2, his abs were not the "Jay ABS" that we all know he has..they were a lil flabby...3, his arms were  overpowered by his upper body...and his hamstrings were not completely shredded let alone his glutes....Yes he brought his back up a lot...however, its only wide and theres less of a V-taper as opposed to Ronnies back pre-06.....Jays back was wider than Ronnies...but the lower back was still a lil watery which i thought was obvious...
Last point.....As far as confidence goes...I hope Jay Cutler is not sitting in his house feeling like its the beginning of an era because in order to stay on top, every appearance must be better than the next....the 2006 olympia was lost because Ronnie got too cocky and came in too heavy and injured.....Ronnie wants to retire, hes 43, tied for most ever Olympia wins..and wants that final trophy so u better believe hes hungry and making adjustments as i write this...Ronnie got a reality check..that if u assume shit and keep pressing your luck by adding more weight, and more weight, its going to eventually catch up with u......Jay must feel a little more confident knowing what it takes to win an Olympia yet still stay poised and ready for a battle against a lineup of guys that might be smaller than him, but are more aesthetically pleasing to look at and obviously Ronnie Coleman whos freaky size can be ruthlessly dominating......I think we are for an interesting olympia....yet which way is the olympia headed? are we going to stay with just size? or more aesthetics? either way, theres big issues for 07 regarding who will win and what type of era is getting ready to begin....Was Jays win a fluke? Was Ronnie's loss a fluke?  Is Victor Martinez ready to advance to the top 2? 
KEEP IN MIND..THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION...SO DONT START CURSING AT ME OR TALKING SHIT...BECAUSE IM NOT INSULTING ANYONES OPINION...I JUST WANNA SEE WHERE EVERYONE STANDS OR HOW THEY FEEL....PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DISAGREE OR AGREE BUT PLEASE SAY WHY..THANKS!

In Strength
Noah

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
Re: Mr. Olympia 2007....BIG ISSUES
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 01:08:47 AM »
My eyes hurt........

What a mess.

Try paragraphs, spacing, et cetera.
HAHA, RON.....

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
  • Team What The Fuck?!?!?!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 01:11:13 AM »
"in strength"   ::)
what a douche
F

nastyn

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 01:12:26 AM »
yea take an easy way out and call me a douche..ur real cool...lets see u post somethin intelligent and then we'll talk

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 01:12:33 AM »
WOW SOMEONE HAS TOO MUCH IDLEING TIME ON THERE HANDS
i

The Heckler

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 01:14:49 AM »
I read the first few sentences but refuse to read the rest of this garbage.

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 01:18:24 AM »
"gr8"

Oh brother........
HAHA, RON.....

The Heckler

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 01:20:56 AM »
"gr8"

Oh brother........

Did you read this shit?  If so, what did this mongrel say?

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 01:22:47 AM »
Did you read this shit?  If so, what did this mongrel say?

Actually, I was just scrolling through it, and for some reason his "gr8" caught my eye.

Read that shit?
 ::)

HAHA, RON.....

The Heckler

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 01:23:48 AM »
Actually, I was just scrolling through it, and for some reason his "gr8" caught my eye.

Read that shit?
 ::)

hahaha

nastyn

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 01:25:05 AM »
u guys apparently dont have the ability to contribute anything positive..so id appreciate it if u would please stop insulting me...although its a lot of stuff i wrote, its a lot of useful information and gives the average fan somethin to think about.

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 01:27:32 AM »
yea take an easy way out and call me a douche..ur real cool...lets see u post somethin intelligent and then we'll talk

you are a douche and you prove it by your reply.  you posted paragraphs of your own opinions and go ahead and claim them to be "intelligent".  right!  it's only intelligent to you because its your own opinion.  
well, survey saaaaays.........  douche!
and again----->  "in strength"  do you sign your christmas cards like that?   ::) ::) ::) ::)
F

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2007, 01:29:19 AM »
also, please explain how diuretics help you "get huge"
???????????????????????????
F

nastyn

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2007, 01:30:14 AM »
Dieuretics dont help u get huge..i was jjust making a point on how it helps u kick the water out of ur body...i was sayin supplements in general

in strength
Noah

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2007, 01:30:56 AM »
also, please explain how diuretics help you "get huge"
???????????????????????????

But.....but....he's given us "a lot of useful information"........HAHAHA!
HAHA, RON.....

nastyn

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2007, 01:34:07 AM »
Its really easy to tear someone's opinion up from a computer miles away....the bottom line is that I just want people to comment if they have somethin to contribute and not say bullshit bc they feel like makin themselve look cool by saying crap to someone that put a lot of thought into a posting.

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2007, 01:35:42 AM »
Its really easy to tear someone's opinion up from a computer miles away....the bottom line is that I just want people to comment if they have somethin to contribute and not say bullshit bc they feel like makin themselve look cool by saying crap to someone that put a lot of thought into a posting.

HAHA, RON.....

jonsande

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2007, 01:56:37 AM »
Stop typing in parts...it's a real eyesore...I think that this is a good way to transcribe someone's speech who just smoked a blunt to print...closing my eyes now....ohhhhhh shit...paragraphs, dude...paragraphs....

AVBG

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2007, 02:12:52 AM »
Jay was the best on stage in 06.. He improved on weekpoints and left nothing in terms of his prepto chance...

If you don't like his physique, too bad enough people (and judges) do...

What may happen in 07, we'll find out in time.

AVBG

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2007, 02:15:54 AM »
LOL.. The opening thread reminds me of Jerry McGuire.. "The Memo/mission statement"

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2007, 02:23:27 AM »
If you want positive replies you have to give SOLID gold here. Sorry  :(

Short, sweet, and to the point makes it. Don't reply to negative posts it only makes more.

I'd like to read that but theres just too much. Sorry.

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2007, 03:29:20 AM »
Jay was the best on stage in 06.. He improved on weekpoints and left nothing in terms of his prepto chance...

If you don't like his physique, too bad enough people (and judges) do...

What may happen in 07, we'll find out in time.

Jay's weak parts are structual - not much he can do about it
The O is open for any one in the TOP 5 and that is a TRUE STORY <except dexter>

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2007, 03:32:44 AM »
u guys apparently dont have the ability to contribute anything positive..so id appreciate it if u would please stop insulting me...although its a lot of stuff i wrote, its a lot of useful information and gives the average fan somethin to think about.

Noah Steere?  If so I am sure everyone will change their attitude.

Frauhorn

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2007, 03:44:08 AM »
I actually read the whole thing, took just over a minute. thanks for sharing I found that a quite interesting critique

Frauhorn

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2007, 03:45:17 AM »
but then I can read without reading out loud at the same time.. so that helps