Author Topic: Luke Wood, is bodybuilding your only source of $???  (Read 9923 times)

Spread Eagle II

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
Re: Luke Wood, is bodybuilding your only source of $???
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2007, 12:14:30 PM »
When I stayed in Tampa for a few weeks a few years ago, I entertained myself with a man called Mr. Chris Duffy.

He was a professional bodybuilder.
Gay?Maybe.Delicious? Yes.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2007, 03:20:01 PM »
milos charges 350 an hour...and still has a shitload of clients.  As long as people are willing to pay these prices, the pro's will keep charging them
Well you'd have to be VERY wealthy to pay a trainer $350/hour, so if they have that much money to waste then God bless the dumb fucks.
!

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2007, 03:26:10 PM »
I'd like to know the same thing about Flex Lewis - how does he make his $$$$ - he's only like 22 and practically lives in the States these days. How did he get his green card - does Milos sponsor him or something?

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2007, 03:35:41 PM »

99% of clients are middle aged overweight men and women..................t hey have 0 desire to look like a pro-bb
    they just wan't to get in shape for health and cosmetic reasons

Then why do they train with him?

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2007, 03:50:22 PM »
Blockhead, his parents don't make much money at all his family is involved in policing etc.

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2007, 03:51:14 PM »
Luke, what do you have to say?
shotgun on the team

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2007, 04:01:55 PM »
Blockhead, his parents don't make much money at all his family is involved in policing etc.
Hmmm...I just took a wild guess. It was more based on comparison with lots of National Level guys I know who still suckle off mamas tit.

Chick will deny deny deny as he is also a PR agent for AMI and whatever company he reps for.

There is not a single competitive bodybuilder who hasn't sold gear to his friends or others to make extra $$$ to subsidize his cycles and for extra scratch as they do their best to coast by and focus ONLY on eating, sleeping, training, tanning and basic travel expenses.

Most BB's live 'nig ga rich'.

Good question. How does Jimmy Lewis afford to stay here in the states? Does he have a day job? PT at Golds-Venice? PT at Milos' gym? Sponsors? g4p?
?

insidescoop

• Getbig II
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2007, 05:21:15 PM »
"NIG GA RICH"

Chick....dont you drive an ESCALADE?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2007, 05:50:34 PM »
Hmmm...I just took a wild guess. It was more based on comparison with lots of National Level guys I know who still suckle off mamas tit.

Chick will deny deny deny as he is also a PR agent for AMI and whatever company he reps for.

There is not a single competitive bodybuilder who hasn't sold gear to his friends or others to make extra $$$ to subsidize his cycles and for extra scratch as they do their best to coast by and focus ONLY on eating, sleeping, training, tanning and basic travel expenses.

Most BB's live 'nig ga rich'.

Good question. How does Jimmy Lewis afford to stay here in the states? Does he have a day job? PT at Golds-Venice? PT at Milos' gym? Sponsors? g4p?

Of course this is what you think...you live in fantasyland.

I only deny that which is untrue...are there guys that sell gear? of course....no big revelation there. I've never sold gear to make money, I owned my own gym for 9 years,and a limo service to make a living.....there are plenty of other examples as i already mentioned a few.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2007, 07:24:40 PM »
Then why do they train with him?

They like to brag show people pictures and say "This is my trainer!"

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2007, 05:16:09 AM »

Of course this is what you think...you live in fantasyland.

I only deny that which is untrue...are there guys that sell gear? of course....no big revelation there. I've never sold gear to make money, I owned my own gym for 9 years,and a limo service to make a living.....there are plenty of other examples as i already mentioned a few.

Chick, from your personal encounters with pro bodybuilders would you say the majority of them run legit businesses like yourself to get by, or that the majority are into shady practices to earn a living, like selling gear, G4P?? We all know Kamali lived in his parents basement until he was 33 and now gets supported by his wife, but what about other bodybuilders you know personally?
shotgun on the team

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2007, 05:38:19 AM »
look at lukes insane eating schedule:  ::) ::)

Current Offseason Diet

Meal 1.
7.30am 12 egg whites with 2 yolks, 160g oatmeal (dry), 1 large banana, 4
rice cakes with jam

Meal 2.
9.30am 250g chicken breast with 200g rice

Meal 3.
11.30am 250g beef mince with 200g rice

Meal 4.
1.30pm same as meal 2

Meal 5.
3.30pm same as meal 3

Meal 6.
5.30pm 5 rice cakes, 1 large banana and protein shake

Meal 7.
8pm 200g carbs in liquid form and a protein shake

Meal 8.
9.30pm 300g Steak, 150 bake potato and large serving of brocolli

Meal 9.
11.30pm Protein shake and some almonds

Meal 10.
2.30am (wake up) Protein shake

I eat this Monday - Saturday and have Sunday off. I may occassionally have some
nuts or a protein during the week as well.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2007, 05:51:37 AM »
look at lukes insane eating schedule:  ::) ::)

Current Offseason Diet

Meal 1.
7.30am 12 egg whites with 2 yolks, 160g oatmeal (dry), 1 large banana, 4
rice cakes with jam

Meal 2.
9.30am 250g chicken breast with 200g rice

Meal 3.
11.30am 250g beef mince with 200g rice

Meal 4.
1.30pm same as meal 2

Meal 5.
3.30pm same as meal 3

Meal 6.
5.30pm 5 rice cakes, 1 large banana and protein shake

Meal 7.
8pm 200g carbs in liquid form and a protein shake

Meal 8.
9.30pm 300g Steak, 150 bake potato and large serving of brocolli

Meal 9.
11.30pm Protein shake and some almonds

Meal 10.
2.30am (wake up) Protein shake

I eat this Monday - Saturday and have Sunday off. I may occassionally have some
nuts or a protein during the week as well.

I am a little disappointed that he does't wake up at 4:45am to have a whey protein shake/omega 3 and 1/3 baked potatoe. What is he thinking, he will never grow.
Here comes the money shot

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2007, 05:57:33 AM »
that guy must have no life. when will these guys learn that you dont have to eat every 2 hours??

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2007, 05:59:32 AM »
I am a little disappointed that he does't wake up at 4:45am to have a whey protein shake/omega 3 and 1/3 baked potatoe. What is he thinking, he will never grow.
haahahaha neurotic bodybuilders are funny

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2007, 06:21:57 AM »
They like to brag show people pictures and say "This is my trainer!"

But Mike anyone who has the disposable income to pay 80-90$ /hr is usually a "baby-Boomer" "geriatriac" age demographic and are NOT there because of the "look" of the trainer. Like you SAID before, they are there for general health reasons, Something an IFBB BBer knows VERY LITTLE about. I mean take Oprah for example, her trainer doesnt even look like he works out and we both know she could afford any rainer she wants. Please speak on this.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2007, 06:25:51 AM »
i worked as personal trainer..it was just an excuse to fuck milfs, and have em pay me  ;D

its easy as hell. just write a simple workout routine.takes me 2min. then tell em to eat healthy.

in the gym you just keep em going as most of them have zero motivation or will to workout.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2007, 07:34:12 AM »

lol.......jay cutler said he would wake up at 2:00am to engorge protein shake and then go back to bed ;D ;D. I hope the blender doesn't wake up his neighboors
Get Big, or Die Trying

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2007, 07:35:06 AM »
But Mike anyone who has the disposable income to pay 80-90$ /hr is usually a "baby-Boomer" "geriatriac" age demographic and are NOT there because of the "look" of the trainer. Like you SAID before, they are there for general health reasons, Something an IFBB BBer knows VERY LITTLE about. I mean take Oprah for example, her trainer doesnt even look like he works out and we both know she could afford any rainer she wants. Please speak on this.

OK.................this months issue of Muscular Developement has a small "blurb" on me (page 54)
   most of my clients (age range 35 - 65) have seen/bought this magazine to show/brag to their friends
    ""look who my personal trainer is"...............can you imagine if i was Darrem Charles?!?!?!?!

this is Palm Beach................... ..it's like a status thing (like a Lexus or mercedes)
        "My trainer is a professional bodybuilder!"................if the trainer has any sort of "celebrity
        status he is going to be in demand.............that's how it is here (not sure about other places)

insidescoop

• Getbig II
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2007, 09:10:49 AM »
Being a busy trainer has nothing to do with your "look".....ever been to Golds Venice and met "perry"?  No body whatsover and is one of the busiest trainers at Golds...personality, marketing savy, business approach......all mean more than 21 inch arms or a stupid trainer certification.......

Are some of you so thick that you dont know "personal trainer" is code for prostitute/drug dealer/unemployed?  These "gurus" (glass, chad, hany) are just glorified dealers...do you really think there is some special way to do a curl that Charles Glass can teach you which will give you 20 inch arms?

can anyone name the professions of the top ten at the Arnold?  Ill bet 3/4 are "trainers" like the the NJ pro that just got busted.

Chick lives in a little bubble.....sure, he has a job (for now) after bodybuilding sputters out (and it is a dying sport, ask me for proof) what is he gonna do next?  Even if he s making 100K per year, thats NOTHING in LA...whats he gonna fall back on (and your rich inlaws dont count)?  whats he gonna do, pick up his career where arnold left off?

antcraw

• Getbig III
  • Legacy of Brutality
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2007, 09:15:48 AM »
"NIG GA RICH"

Chick....dont you drive an ESCALADE?

Kamali is the posterboy for this.  Wasn't he trying to trick out his Hummer to be better then his "friend" Ludacris'? Or has that been repossessed already.
I'm Nick's role model!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2007, 09:22:53 AM »
Being a busy trainer has nothing to do with your "look".....ever been to Golds Venice and met "perry"?  No body whatsover and is one of the busiest trainers at Golds...personality, marketing savy, business approach......all mean more than 21 inch arms or a stupid trainer certification.......

Are some of you so thick that you dont know "personal trainer" is code for prostitute/drug dealer/unemployed?  These "gurus" (glass, chad, hany) are just glorified dealers...do you really think there is some special way to do a curl that Charles Glass can teach you which will give you 20 inch arms?

can anyone name the professions of the top ten at the Arnold?  Ill bet 3/4 are "trainers" like the the NJ pro that just got busted.

Chick lives in a little bubble.....sure, he has a job (for now) after bodybuilding sputters out (and it is a dying sport, ask me for proof) what is he gonna do next?  Even if he s making 100K per year, thats NOTHING in LA...whats he gonna fall back on (and your rich inlaws dont count)?  whats he gonna do, pick up his career where arnold left off?

Amazing...it's been a "dying sport" for 40 years now, yet there are more contracts than at any other time, more supp companies, more fans at the Olympia, etc...

I do many things that encompass the sport of bb, and have investments in companies that have continued to get bigger and make more money every year...

insidescoop

• Getbig II
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2007, 09:36:53 AM »
Okay....Ive been in the sport for 25 years...in the 80s, teen contests in bodybuilding were EVERYWHERE, with even local shows having 80-90+ contestants....in those days, if you werenta  pro by 25, forget it.

Those teens are now masters....with disposable income, mind you, ...which is why the supplement industry is doing okay, and why masters competitions are outstanding in quality with many comepetitors....compare the current NPC Teen Nationals with the NPC MAsters nationals.....it makes sense that companies are doing well financially....what happensover te next 20 years when there are no aging teens to fill the ranks?

Why are pros older these days?  Because the gene pool of younger guys is DYING.

In the 80s, most gyms hada  few teens interested in competing...that is almost nonexistent now, with most guys in their late 30s-40s the ones filling that slot.  Contracts?  Vince Mcmahan helped start that, maybe PDI will continue it, but even recently weider/ami tightened their contract belts

Id rethink those investments!

insidescoop

• Getbig II
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2007, 09:41:27 AM »
Of all people, Chick....

youve noticed the change over the course of your career...or have you been to self centered to notice it?  When you were in your twenties, all your contemporaries got pro cards (shawn ray,etc) in their twenties....you got yours in your thirties.....do you think you were that good....or do you think taht teh aggressive up and comers were gone, leaving a door open for some of the guys that kept hanging in there?

StillTippin

• Getbig III
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2007, 10:30:44 AM »
I'd like to know the same thing about Flex Lewis - how does he make his $$$$ - he's only like 22 and practically lives in the States these days. How did he get his green card - does Milos sponsor him or something?
Ok, so it's not just me that wonders about that then.  He seems to do a fair amount of traveling and he obviously has other expenses (food, drugs, clothes, etc)  How the hell does he do it??  lol  Seems like a nice guy though, always smiling in pics.  Wouldn't mind seeing him do another fit show segment as his one on calf training was pretty good.  Needs subtitles sometimes though, lol.