Author Topic: Hiding From the Parents  (Read 5706 times)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Hiding From the Parents
« on: March 15, 2007, 12:57:52 PM »
"This is a mandatory class, but don't tell your mom or dad, ok?"  -- yeah, these are the people teaching our children  ::)

Effort to hide homosexual indoctrination uncovered in IL school
Jim Brown
www.OneNewsNow.com
March 15, 2007

Concerned Women for America is blasting an Illinois high school for urging students not to tell their parents about its mandatory homosexual indoctrination program. Deerfield High School in Chicago has a class called "Freshman Advisory," in which ninth-graders are required to attend a panel discussion led by the Gay-Straight Alliance Network. The panel features homosexual upperclassmen telling students about their sexual experiences.

This year, students were required to sign a confidentiality agreement saying they would not tell anyone about the discussions, including their parents. Matt Barber, policy director for cultural issues at Concerned Women for America (CWA), says school officials showed complete disregard for the rights of parents and students who believe homosexuality is immoral.

"This is just another example of activists within our public government schools -- homosexual activists -- circumventing parental authority, parents rights, in order to indoctrinate impressionable young children. They know the propaganda all too well," Barber asserts. "You get hold of the minds of these young people, and you spoon feed them your dogma and indoctrinate them," he says; "then you control the future, and you help to further the homosexual agenda."

Deerfield Superintendent Dr. George Fornero says the district "made a mistake" by requiring the students to sign the confidentiality agreement. However, Barber feels the damage has already been done. He calls the district's actions "a shocking and brazen governmental abuse of parental rights," which is also detrimental to the children.

"They're exposing these kids to information and encouraging them, essentially, to participate in a lifestyle that places them at extremely high risk for disease," the CWA spokesman asserts. "And the fact that they have circumvented parental authority and essentially instructed these kids to lie to their parents tells you just how sinister this homosexual agenda is," he adds.

A group of parents recently took out an ad in the local Deerfield Review newspaper condemning Deerfield High School's "Freshman Advisory" and demanding answers about the homosexual indoctrination program.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Hiding From the Parents
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 01:01:28 PM »
Wow.   :o  Outrageous.  Glad someone blew the whistle. 

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 01:03:36 PM »
Shocking!!!   :o  There had better be some people fired over this.  I am tired of homosexuals shoving their lifestyles in our faces.  The nerve of those people.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 01:07:47 PM »
Something similar happened at my old high school last year.  The parents got wind of it, and chaos took over.  The GayStraight Alliance tucked tail and went running away! 

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 01:16:12 PM »
www.OneNewsNow.com

Your Latest News from a Christian perspective

Whether it's a story about prayer in public schools, workplace restrictions on Christians or battles for biblical truth within our denominations, the American Family News Network (AFN) is here to tell you what the newsmakers are saying.

AFN is a national Christian news service that exists to present the day's news from a Christian perspective. We not only feature the latest breaking stories from across the United States and around the world, but also news of the challenges facing Christians in today's society.

At OneNewsNow.com, you will get your news from reporters you can trust to give the latest news without the liberal bias that characterizes so much of the "mainstream" media.

::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 01:18:03 PM »

Whether it's a story about prayer in public schools, workplace restrictions on Christians or battles for biblical truth within our denominations, the American Family News Network (AFN) is here to tell you what the newsmakers are saying.

AFN is a national Christian news service that exists to present the day's news from a Christian perspective. We not only feature the latest breaking stories from across the United States and around the world, but also news of the challenges facing Christians in today's society.

At OneNewsNow.com, you will get your news from reporters you can trust to give the latest news without the liberal bias that characterizes so much of the "mainstream" media.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 01:19:02 PM »
I'd like to here someone's explanation for this. There's got to be more to the story than what this article is portraying.

The Confidentiality Agreement is rather disturbing, not to mention the fact that it can't be binding considering it was signed by 14 or 15 year olds.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 01:40:32 PM »

how can "the new's" have a Christian perspective?

Is that kind of like when Pat Robertson claimed that 9-11 and Katrina was God's punishment on the US?

BTW - if this story is true then it's totally outrageous and wrong.   Why would any school official tell a child (much less have them sign some sort of agreement) not to tell their parents about anything that they do while in school

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 01:44:22 PM »
I'd like to here someone's explanation for this.

Jeebus freaks making shit up?

That's my theory anyway.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 01:53:59 PM »

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 02:02:28 PM »

Haha excellent news source

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 02:04:29 PM »
how can "the new's" have a Christian perspective?

Is that kind of like when Pat Robertson claimed that 9-11 and Katrina was God's punishment on the US?

BTW - if this story is true then it's totally outrageous and wrong.   Why would any school official tell a child (much less have them sign some sort of agreement) not to tell their parents about anything that they do while in school

it's impossible for "Christian news" to not be bias

this is interesting.

there is a GSA at the school my son goes too.

I'm going to ask some questions about this.

I am not in favor of any policy, contract etc... that encourages kids to keep things from their parents.

that's one of the core reasons i don't like Hillary for pres.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 02:18:31 PM »

this is interesting.

there is a GSA at the school my son goes too.

I'm going to ask some questions about this.

I am not in favor of any policy, contract etc... that encourages kids to keep things from their parents.

that's one of the core reasons i don't like Hillary for pres.

I can think of at least 10 reason why I wouldn't vote for Hilary for any office but I'm not aware of what you're referring to here

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 02:38:57 PM »

By definition, their entire world-view is based on the acceptance of a physically impossible event through unquestioning faith.

Yeah, that's a heckuva news organization you got there.  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2007, 04:10:33 PM »

Biased doesn't mean inaccurate.  Reporting news from a "Christian" perspective means (to me) that they cover news you won't necessarily find on CNN. 

And of course this has nothing to do with the story Colossus posted.  I'm still shaking my head over that. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007, 04:15:26 PM »
I can think of at least 10 reason why I wouldn't vote for Hilary for any office but I'm not aware of what you're referring to here

she signed a bill that alllowed teens not to have to notify their parents if they are getting an abortion.

what are some of yours?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2007, 04:17:48 PM »
Biased doesn't mean inaccurate.  Reporting news from a "Christian" perspective means (to me) that they cover news you won't necessarily find on CNN. 

And of course this has nothing to do with the story Colossus posted.  I'm still shaking my head over that. 

i agree it doesn't bias doesn't have anything to do with accuracy usually.  but it does with what's acknowledge and reported like your examples about cnn and others about fox

and this thing in Illinois is reprehensible.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 06:27:36 PM »

Why are the Christians always whining?

Why are the gays always whining?

Hold on...

Christians whine.

Gays whine.

Therefore, Christians = gays.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2007, 06:28:28 PM »
ok conservs..here is a thought.

"do you REALLY want stupid people breeding?"

carpe` vaginum!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2007, 06:36:20 PM »
she signed a bill that alllowed teens not to have to notify their parents if they are getting an abortion.

what are some of yours?

She talks out of both sides of her mouth and most of the time she sounds more like a Republican than a Democrat.   I also get this feeling when I hear her speak that even she doesn't believe what she's saying. 

We had a similar initiative on the ballot in my state in 2004 and I was discussing this with an older and very right wing colleague and he actually convinced me that I should vote for it and his reasoning (thanks to his wife I believe) was that some kids could be the victims of rape/incest/child abuse from the very parent that has to be notified.

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2007, 06:50:13 PM »
As always, there are two sides to every story. According to the school this one day panel discussion includes gay kids as well as heterosexual kids talking about their experiences with bullying etc.  It seems to be part of a larger program designed to help freshmen integrate and covers all kinds of topics.

"We're not trying to tell people what to believe but how to behave," said Jennings, who described the Illinois Family Institute as one of several organizations trying to intimidate school districts.

"A program that helps kids deal with bullying and harassment helps kids learn," he said. "Politics and religion should be set aside in the school."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-070307gay-school,1,5590132.story?coll=chi-news-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2007, 06:55:04 PM »
She talks out of both sides of her mouth and most of the time she sounds more like a Republican than a Democrat.   I also get this feeling when I hear her speak that even she doesn't believe what she's saying. 

We had a similar initiative on the ballot in my state in 2004 and I was discussing this with an older and very right wing colleague and he actually convinced me that I should vote for it and his reasoning (thanks to his wife I believe) was that some kids could be the victims of rape/incest/child abuse from the very parent that has to be notified.

i agree, i  heard that side,  i think there could be a solution to it,  she states her situation and then she's doesn't have to inform her parents.  An investigation is then launched.  just a thought.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2007, 07:14:44 PM »
i agree, i  heard that side,  i think there could be a solution to it,  she states her situation and then she's doesn't have to inform her parents.  An investigation is then launched.  just a thought.

I had mixed feelings about it at the time but I don't think the law in my state had that provision.

Certainly seems reasonable.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2007, 11:27:02 PM »

what are some of yours?

That's how it's worked in Canada for the past 30 yrs. Girl can get abortions without parental knowledge/consent
w

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2007, 06:18:24 AM »
As always, there are two sides to every story. According to the school this one day panel discussion includes gay kids as well as heterosexual kids talking about their experiences with bullying etc.  It seems to be part of a larger program designed to help freshmen integrate and covers all kinds of topics.

"We're not trying to tell people what to believe but how to behave," said Jennings, who described the Illinois Family Institute as one of several organizations trying to intimidate school districts.

"A program that helps kids deal with bullying and harassment helps kids learn," he said. "Politics and religion should be set aside in the school."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-070307gay-school,1,5590132.story?coll=chi-news-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true
The issue still begs the questions of why the administration urged the students NOT to tell their parents? ???