Author Topic: TRUMP: BUSH 'PROBABLY THE WORST PRESIDENT IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES'  (Read 4893 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
this looks fun:

I think he's trying to fire BUSH  ;D

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash2.htm

TRUMP: BUSH 'PROBABLY THE WORST PRESIDENT IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES'
Fri Mar 16 2007 16:12:53 ET

Donald Trump goes off on President Bush in a scathing attack during an interview with Wolf Blitzer on the Friday edition of CNN's 'Situation Room.

"Well, I think Bush is probably the worst president in the history of the United States. And I just don't understand how [the Democrats] could have lost that election."

MORE...

"Everything in Washington has been a lie. Weapons of mass destruction, it was a total lie.
It was a way of attacking Iraq, which he thought was going to be easy and it turned out to be the exact opposite of easy. He reads 60 books a year. He reads a book a week. Do you think the president reads a book a week? I don't think so. He doesn't watch television. Now, one thing I know is when I'm on television, I watch, or I try. You do. Your own ego says, let's watch. Whether good or bad, you want to watch. He doesn't watch television. He's on television being interviewed by you or someone else, he doesn't watch. Does anyone really believe that?"

On Saddam Hussein:

"Whether they like him or didn't like him, he hated terrorists. He would shoot and kill terrorists. When terrorists came into this country, which he did control and he did dominate, he would kill terrorists. Now it is a breeding ground for terrorists."

DEVELOPING...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
On Saddam Hussein:

"Whether they like him or didn't like him, he hated terrorists. He would shoot and kill terrorists. When terrorists came into this country, which he did control and he did dominate, he would kill terrorists. Now it is a breeding ground for terrorists."

::)

OzmO

• Getbig V
On Saddam Hussein:

do you disagree with the bold?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
do you disagree with the bold?

I don't know.  It might have been a breeding ground for terrorists before we invaded.  And Saddam sponsored terrorism, which made him a terrorist.

To say Saddam hated terrorists is beyond stupid.   

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
On Saddam Hussein:

DEVELOPING...

Great post Ozmo.  I love Trump, absolutely idolize him as the quintessential business mind, but his political nous (or lack thereof) leaves a lot to be desired.

http://www.husseinandterror.com/

He's way off on this one, no doubt. 
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I don't know.  It might have been a breeding ground for terrorists before we invaded.

Intel reports say it wasn't, until we got there.

And at this point, the whole world knows the truth.  There are still a small group - 1/4 of America - that believe Bush.  The rest of the world - nope.  Just a sliver of smallcocked proxy warmongers who need a daddy figure. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Intel reports say it wasn't, until we got there.

And at this point, the whole world knows the truth.  There are still a small group - 1/4 of America - that believe Bush.  The rest of the world - nope.  Just a sliver of smallcocked proxy warmongers who need a daddy figure. 

You crack me up.  It must be cool to be privy to information and have so many unequivocal answers to so many questions that much of the world doesn't know about.       

OzmO

• Getbig V
Great post Ozmo.  I love Trump, absolutely idolize him as the quintessential business mind, but his political nous (or lack thereof) leaves a lot to be desired.

i agree with you, i love Trump, only read one of his books though, "Art of the deal"  but politics most likely isn't his forte.

I've seen that site before from you. 

I just don;t think what he did have cooking was enough to warrant what we did also the considering the dynamics of the position he was in i don't think he would have done anything to jeopardize his power base.

but you and i have been down this road before.  I respect how you see it.   :)

He was a dangerous, thug who tortured and repressed his people.  Removing him at the very least was a good thing even though it hasn't turned out the way we thought it would for now.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
You crack me up.  It must be cool to be privy to information and have so many unequivocal answers to so many questions that much of the world doesn't know about.      

This kind of information isn't secret anymore.

They have this thing called a 'newspaper' at stores - check them out.

The Media: Not just for gay-rights/Obama-hating anymore.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Whatever you say Nostradamus.   ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Whatever you say Nostradamus.   ::)

i'm calling you at the univ in ten years to say 'toldja so'.  what you teaching this summer anyway?  buncha slackers over there.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.

LOL

I think Obama's intriguing. I know there's quite a bit of time left but I'd really like to hear him talk about his plans. I've heard nothing even remotely resembling his ideas for a Presidency yet.

McCain's the man right now but I'm certainly interested in what Obama has to say.

youandme

• Getbig V
I don't know.  

Why do you always say that when you mock things? It's common knowledge that Saddam controlled Iraq with a iron fist and killed terrorists.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Why do you always say that when you mock things? It's common knowledge that Saddam controlled Iraq with a iron fist and killed terrorists.

Is this a trick question?   :)  I say "I don't know" when I don't know.  I mock things that are funny, dumb, and/or don't make any sense. 

It's common knowledge that Saddam sponsored terrorism.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Just read the link Bruce.  Thanks for posting this.  Very difficult to conclude Saddam did not support terrorism.  Pretty compelling evidence. 

One thing I didn't mention (unless I just missed it) was the enormous amount of cash Saddam kept.  I doubt he used this cash for legitimate reasons. 

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4176/is_20040602/ai_n14577288

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
He's The Worst Ever
By Eric Foner

Ever since 1948, when Harvard professor Arthur Schlesinger Sr. asked 55 historians to rank U.S. presidents on a scale from "great" to "failure," such polls have been a favorite pastime for those of us who study the American past.

Changes in presidential rankings reflect shifts in how we view history. When the first poll was taken, the Reconstruction era that followed the Civil War was regarded as a time of corruption and misgovernment caused by granting black men the right to vote. As a result, President Andrew Johnson, a fervent white supremacist who opposed efforts to extend basic rights to former slaves, was rated "near great." Today, by contrast, scholars consider Reconstruction a flawed but noble attempt to build an interracial democracy from the ashes of slavery -- and Johnson a flat failure.

More often, however, the rankings display a remarkable year-to-year uniformity. Abraham Lincoln, George Washington and Franklin D. Roosevelt always figure in the "great" category. Most presidents are ranked "average" or, to put it less charitably, mediocre. Johnson, Franklin Pierce, James Buchanan, Warren G. Harding, Calvin Coolidge and Richard M. Nixon occupy the bottom rung, and now President Bush is a leading contender to join them. A look at history, as well as Bush's policies, explains why.

At a time of national crisis, Pierce and Buchanan, who served in the eight years preceding the Civil War, and Johnson, who followed it, were simply not up to the job. Stubborn, narrow-minded, unwilling to listen to criticism or to consider alternatives to disastrous mistakes, they surrounded themselves with sycophants and shaped their policies to appeal to retrogressive political forces (in that era, pro-slavery and racist ideologues). Even after being repudiated in the midterm elections of 1854, 1858 and 1866, respectively, they ignored major currents of public opinion and clung to flawed policies. Bush's presidency certainly brings theirs to mind.

Harding and Coolidge are best remembered for the corruption of their years in office (1921-23 and 1923-29, respectively) and for channeling money and favors to big business. They slashed income and corporate taxes and supported employers' campaigns to eliminate unions. Members of their administrations received kickbacks and bribes from lobbyists and businessmen. "Never before, here or anywhere else," declared the Wall Street Journal, "has a government been so completely fused with business." The Journal could hardly have anticipated the even worse cronyism, corruption and pro-business bias of the Bush administration.

Despite some notable accomplishments in domestic and foreign policy, Nixon is mostly associated today with disdain for the Constitution and abuse of presidential power. Obsessed with secrecy and media leaks, he viewed every critic as a threat to national security and illegally spied on U.S. citizens. Nixon considered himself above the law.

Bush has taken this disdain for law even further. He has sought to strip people accused of crimes of rights that date as far back as the Magna Carta in Anglo-American jurisprudence: trial by impartial jury, access to lawyers and knowledge of evidence against them. In dozens of statements when signing legislation, he has asserted the right to ignore the parts of laws with which he disagrees. His administration has adopted policies regarding the treatment of prisoners of war that have disgraced the nation and alienated virtually the entire world. Usually, during wartime, the Supreme Court has refrained from passing judgment on presidential actions related to national defense. The court's unprecedented rebukes of Bush's policies on detainees indicate how far the administration has strayed from the rule of law.

One other president bears comparison to Bush: James K. Polk. Some historians admire him, in part because he made their job easier by keeping a detailed diary during his administration, which spanned the years of the Mexican-American War. But Polk should be remembered primarily for launching that unprovoked attack on Mexico and seizing one-third of its territory for the United States.

Lincoln, then a member of Congress from Illinois, condemned Polk for misleading Congress and the public about the cause of the war -- an alleged Mexican incursion into the United States. Accepting the president's right to attack another country "whenever he shall deem it necessary," Lincoln observed, would make it impossible to "fix any limit" to his power to make war. Today, one wishes that the country had heeded Lincoln's warning.

Historians are loath to predict the future. It is impossible to say with certainty how Bush will be ranked in, say, 2050. But somehow, in his first six years in office he has managed to combine the lapses of leadership, misguided policies and abuse of power of his failed predecessors. I think there is no alternative but to rank him as the worst president in U.S. history.

Eric Foner is DeWitt Clinton professor of history at Columbia University.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
On Saddam Hussein:

unfortunately..the rest of the world already knows this...

and also said something about Ameircas being hated..which is true..i posted something about 2 of my friends getting the shit treatement at a bar in germany..there were white..

from now on when i travel..i'm canadian..
carpe` vaginum!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Behold our folly.

OzmO

• Getbig V
my friend does the same thing,  he never says he's America.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Is this a trick question?   :)  I say "I don't know" when I don't know.  I mock things that are funny, dumb, and/or don't make any sense. 

It's common knowledge that Saddam sponsored terrorism.   

"Common knowledge"? Whose? Bush's? Yours? The funny thing is that there is 0, zilch, nada, niente proof that the jerkoffmeister himself (Saddy-Huss) sponsored any type of terrorism. As far as the "common knowledge" you're referring to, well, you base your opinion on what you're told by the media, like 99.99% of us suckas, so that excerpt can just as easily be replaced with "media misinformation tells me that..."

Sadam did terrorize his population, but so did we. Funny thing is a couple of years ago, when Irak was at war with Iran, he was our paisan/down wit us. He was even paid a visit by Rumsfeld and the rest of the "hawks".

All of a sudden he decides to stop buying weapons (chemical, biological, etc.) from us, decides to invade Kuwait on legitimate claims that the kuwaitis were drilling into Iraqi territory, which is true BTW, around the Ratqa oil field area in fact, and he no longa ou boy. This can just as easily be replaced with Indonesia, Angola, Central American states (El Salvador, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Panamá), etc. The same pattern all over the place.

Dictator is our friend because he represents democracy (translation: our business interests) and a couple of years later, when the friendship (translation: our business relationship) is done, he is the worst muddafucka to come along since Lucifer. Well, I ain't buying it no mo.

I neither trust the majority of the US media nor the US government. Gotti used to call the US government the "alphabetized thugs" (IRS, CIA, FBI, NSA, etc.), and coming from a murderer thug like himself, well, it's a compliment to say the least (meaning they is beating us at our own game neegga!), for those who know "the game".       

So either we're true to ourselves and recognize that the US government is carrying, and has carried, out terrorist operations in some countries around the globe (usually the ones unable to defend themselves though) or keep the hypocritical game up until people will not only land planes into buildings, but do much worse. It's our call, although if you make this a "us", meaning the US government with the pasive complacency of the population, vs. the rest of the world, meaning 5 billion souls... Let's just say nature understands us humans from a "safety is in the numbers" standpoint.

You may either believe Bush (or the real president: Cheney)/Barbara Walters or your own guts. The later is right 99% of the time. When I travel outside the US I always make a point to distinguish the US population from its government, because the inmense majority of Americans are warm-hearted and want better for everyone.

Adios.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
"Common knowledge"? Whose? Bush's? Yours? The funny thing is that there is 0, zilch, nada, niente proof that the jerkoffmeister himself (Saddy-Huss) sponsored any type of terrorism. As far as the "common knowledge" you're referring to, well, you base your opinion on what you're told by the media, like 99.99% of us suckas, so that excerpt can just as easily be replaced with "media misinformation tells me that..."

"Shawn documents how some of the $10 billion obtained illegally by Hussein as part of the oil-for-food program between 1997 and 2002 was used to fund families of Palestinians suicide bombers."

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=51005

You probably don't consider this sponsoring terrorism, but I do.

Adios.   :) 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
unfortunately..the rest of the world already knows this...

and also said something about Ameircas being hated..which is true..i posted something about 2 of my friends getting the shit treatement at a bar in germany..there were white..

from now on when i travel..i'm canadian..

So Bush is responsible for Germans hating Americans?  O.K.   ::)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
So Bush is responsible for Germans hating Americans?  O.K.   ::)

Not just the Germans.
S

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Not just the Germans.

Ah yes.  The world loved Americans before Bush took office and Bush has caused the world to hate us.  Baloney.   ::)  Classic revisionist history. 

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
YES!!!! Trump is an absolute master, he should be president instead of bush.