Author Topic: Do you use supplements?  (Read 9954 times)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
Re: Do you use supplements?
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2007, 02:19:31 PM »

No they don't.

Hope this helps.

they aren't magic, but they do indeed have an effect on the body. claiming they don't kinda flies in the face of thousands of case studies.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2007, 02:20:40 PM »
I agree with Magoo.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2007, 02:26:33 PM »
Now I also agree with MattC.

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2007, 02:31:34 PM »
No... they don't you are wrong once again

proof please....... real one!
are you delusional?

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2007, 02:32:18 PM »

proof please....... real one!

you mean buttsuck's herculean physique isn't proof enough that you can be world class without supplements?  ::)

Knives

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2007, 02:40:30 PM »
when these guys are saying supplements don't work....what they are implying is that they do so little, it's practically nothing so you may as well not waste your time/money

I personally use whey/multi/creatine/bcaa/glutamine, but i'm doubting the effectiveness.  i think i might just run out and just use whey and a multivitamin in the future

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2007, 02:45:59 PM »
when these guys are saying supplements don't work....what they are implying is that they do so little, it's practically nothing so you may as well not waste your time/money

I personally use whey/multi/creatine/bcaa/glutamine, but i'm doubting the effectiveness.  i think i might just run out and just use whey and a multivitamin in the future

Whey isn't a "supplement" it's a food.  Protein is protein whether is comes from whey or a steak.  Multivitamins you should take anyway, but they don't do anything special for bodybuilding.  Don't bother with the rest.
Ron: "I am lazy."

AVBG

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2007, 10:40:49 PM »
I had three people tell me that NO XPLODE gives them better pumps than gear.  They would have no reason to lie about that.  I don't care if I make 0 gains directly off it, I would take it just for the improved pumps.

I have used NO XPLODE for the last 3 months..

Did help get a good pump? - Yes

Is it better than gear? Not even close.

Noticable anabolic benefits? ummm marginal at best.

Will I use again?... probably not.. might try some Gaspari stuff next.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2007, 11:29:01 PM »
The best supplements, the only one that will work in the long run, are whole foods. Could it be because our bodies have evolved around it for millions of years? Just a hunch...

mental_masturbator

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2007, 01:01:57 AM »
Sure:

1. creatine (Pfanstiehl Labs)
2. protein (ProteinFactory)
3. multivitamin/mineral (SuperSpectrim)
3. vitamin C (SuperSpectrim)
4. glucosamine HCl (Now Foods)
5. maltodextrin (Now Foods)
6. flax oil (Barleans)
7. valerian (grocery store brand)

Others I've used from time to time include: IP6 (I had cancer at the time), tyrosine (as a pre-training aid), glutamine (waste of cash), inosine (waste of cash), free-form amino's (waste of cash), eleuthero (interesting herb, seemed to help with stress), BCAA's (waste of cash).  I keep an open mind about supplements and refuse to write them off as completely worthless. 

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2007, 12:19:55 AM »
I'm up five pounds in one week from using Gaspari SIZEON grape blast.  My diet has not changed and I don't know what is going on, but this stuff is definitely working.  I do NOT gain five pounds in a week even with muscle memory.  At the fastest, muscle memory will be half that speed for me.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2007, 12:44:28 AM »
only supplement over the counter that works is called EPHEDRINE,, it is used for many many years with caffeine aspririn to reduce bodyfat% and water too! and prep you for a show wether you are natural or hormonized,,any bodybuilder to ever steped on any stage anywhere anytime used/use those products some way or another in some kind or form,,some added narcotics but that was when no one knew shit about shit back in pre historic days of bodybuilding,,or when the bodybuilder is extreme such as a number that come to my mind during these days in the years of 2000

in the usa it is easily found over the counter and it is called bronkaid,,since ephedra is band substance in usa,,but as you know in usa you can always bend the system and say you got astma and get the ephedrine this way in your local walmart or amazon.com on the internet,,,you add it to caffeine and aspirin and you will get down to 6% bf in no time,,

this is the only "supplement" that works,,all the rest are garbage

the way to maintain 200lb+ while reducing your bodyfat% to 5-6% is by using the right aas while on the ephedrine caffeine and aspirin,,

sooner you learn it better you will be,,

protien powders are ok for added protien intake/day but thats about it when it comes to supp
fallen angel

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2007, 12:52:40 AM »
what are the ingredients in there? if it doesnt have ephedrine caffeiene and aspirin,,it dont do nothing,,

same as creatine,,5lb extra water that will be diminished within 30 days after  dropping the thing,,
the human body is distibuting water differently from person to person,,,some get the water in the gut area or love handles as call it,,some get it evenly disributed everywhere icluding arms and thats why they add 1/4 of an inch on creatine and such,,,it is diff from person to person but!! it is water that the body hold between the muscle and the skin and not within the muscle,,thus waste and no benefit what so ever
fallen angel

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2007, 01:09:10 AM »
dianabol is a hormone,, it puts majority of the water into the muscle,,it blows you from within the muscle,,yes there is water between skin and muscle but the % is low,

im not talkng her about pumps,,you can get pumps from anything,,hell you inject straight ba or aa and ou will get a pump,,doesnt even have to be a hormone,,pump is blood pushed into the muscle,,

the question is what this pump do at the end result,,and supp cant and wont give the same effect of hormones,,you look for swole look that comes when the muscle push the skin because majority of water isin the muscle,,supp give you a PUFFY LOOK where it looks like you been eating too much sugar,,very similar to overweight people with diabetes,,soft and smooth,,the water is between the muscle and skin,,

it doesnt mean you cant get stronger,,,any addition of weight on your body,,especially water weight,,will result in you being a little stronger,,,both placebo effect and reality after a while

to your question in the other post,,
no hormone will hurt you at the end process unless you abused it for year over years in mega doses and combined it with narcotics and pain killers,,

if you had any health defects that you were not aware of,,that could mess you up too,,but most people dont have them,,and if they do they are very aware of it and you wont find them in the gym much
fallen angel

whitewidow

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2007, 01:14:36 AM »
No reason to be mixing all those creatine drinks when you can do a small IM injection. creatine is not as safe as people say it is. Id even go as far as saying testosterone enanthate is safer. the problem is you have to ingest too much by mouth and the pills suck. Only creatine I had luck on was vnutrex vitargo cgl. but too many nasty drinks easier to inject and pop dbol or tbol.

AVBG

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2007, 02:36:42 AM »
what are the ingredients in there? if it doesnt have ephedrine caffeiene and aspirin,,it dont do nothing,,

same as creatine,,5lb extra water that will be diminished within 30 days after  dropping the thing,,
the human body is distibuting water differently from person to person,,,some get the water in the gut area or love handles as call it,,some get it evenly disributed everywhere icluding arms and thats why they add 1/4 of an inch on creatine and such,,,it is diff from person to person but!! it is water that the body hold between the muscle and the skin and not within the muscle,,thus waste and no benefit what so ever
[/b]

exactly.. within 2 weeks of stopping no explode, I dropped 5 or more lbs of water.. true

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2007, 02:39:56 AM »
sissies use supplements..got the guts...go natural with out supplements...
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2007, 05:49:19 AM »
i will not discuss the rest of supplements, but protein powders are for a lot of people the ONLY way to get a right % or protein during a day...Most people dont have time or oportunity to have real food intake all the time...(wich is my case )
 If the strenght, size and other things you gain are because of the protein powder itself OR because of the higher intake of protein (no matter from how source) i will not discuss...but there is a gain nevertheless

!

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2007, 05:52:32 AM »
Are Fish oil caps worthless?

Fletch

• Getbig II
  • You must be very proud of yourself
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2007, 06:13:41 AM »
christ mattc you are a fucking tool. if you dont know the difference between testosterone based steroids and worthless bullshit supps like creatine and protien shit.

fucking hopeless. keep making the supp companies rich retards.
Put it on the Underhills

finurface

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2007, 06:24:46 AM »
Hahahah can you believe these guys? Supplements? Wtf.... total waste of money. You can get all the same nutrients from natural sources like meats and cheeses. Drink some dry collection of flavored crust or eat a nice juicy hamburger? Decisions decisions.
thats why u have an empty jug of supps near your bed on your night table?

idiot.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2007, 06:30:52 AM »
The new monthly offerings are usually wastes, based on theory and coincidentally, are discovered in regular intervals just in time for prescheduled marketing campaigns.

Whey protein is food.  It's useful.

Creatine does make your muscles fuller, and it might give you an extra rep or two.  It's a variable 2%.  Makes a slight difference if you have everything else nailed down.  Low ceiling, and ain't gonna win any contests for you.

I'm undecided on glutamine. 

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2007, 07:12:22 AM »
vanadyl suphate..

and a tiny bit or creatine...
carpe` vaginum!

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2007, 07:15:17 AM »
Protein daily..used to take some fat burner then i realized all it made me do was sweat...so now just good old fashion protein...all that other stuff tasted like ass...
footloose and fancy free

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2007, 07:41:08 AM »

regarding ECA:  is the aspirin really necessary?  or will you get the same results just taking ephedrine & caffeine?  why is aspirin part of the stack?