Author Topic: Do certain people reinforce stereotypes??????  (Read 11827 times)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Re: Do certain people reinforce stereotypes??????
« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2007, 09:52:26 AM »
I love knocking these stero-types out of the park while still keeping true to my roots

I came up a little tough, made something of myself and i didnt have to "sell out" to do it...
No one defines me but me. can you dig it.

PS im not callin no one on here a sell out.

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #101 on: March 19, 2007, 10:01:31 AM »
Only black people seem to regard becoming rich and sucessful as 'selling out'. Its no wonder most of them still live like animals. Learn from us whites and Asians. We appreciate hard work and hard cash.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #102 on: March 19, 2007, 10:03:56 AM »
Only black people seem to regard becoming rich and sucessful as 'selling out'. Its no wonder most of them still live like animals. Learn from us whites and Asians. We appreciate hard work and hard cash.

You my homo friend are an asshole. If you were black you would understand...I dont reguard becoming rich and successful as selling out. No one does. But if you forget where you are from to  get there.. thats selling out....you must be young...everyone knows that.

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: March 19, 2007, 10:08:23 AM »
Boo hoo, black people were slaves a couple of hundred years ago. It should inspire them to work harder and show their former owners just how wrong they were with prejudices! Instead its murder, gangs, drugs etc. Black role models are few and far between, and even when someone positive does come along, like Obama, he is accused of not being black enough!

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #104 on: March 19, 2007, 10:10:37 AM »
Boo hoo, black people were slaves a couple of hundred years ago. It should inspire them to work harder and show their former owners just how wrong they were with prejudices! Instead its murder, gangs, drugs etc. Black role models are few and far between, and even when someone positive does come along, like Obama, he is accused of not being black enough!

ok you just said nothing in response to what i wrote...you watch too much news...

WillRiker

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #105 on: March 19, 2007, 10:19:02 AM »
ok you just said nothing in response to what i wrote...you watch too much news...

I do find it quite strange that Asians do seem to 'move up' the ladder, not only in Asia itself but also in the United States.

For some reasons - and I do not know why - black people in general have a harder time moving up the ladder.

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2007, 10:21:45 AM »
I agree that certain people reinforce stereotypes.

You have people especially the black race crying victim for generations of slavery and blame white people for this and that. But we forget to mention that it is the black race and its own people that sold other black people out for greed and money and use the white race as an example for being in a foreign land and such. If these people arent happy here why dont they move back to Africa and better themselves there?

Although racism and prejudice is real, shouldnt we rise above it all and make it a better place for people in general regardless of the color barrier?

Ive been guilty of judging people based on ethnicity but that was because of where I grew up. Where I grew up in Hawaii, it was the samoans or the local hawaiians that would be the troublemakers and want to start all this trouble for anyone that wasnt their ethnicity. For me it was the whites, japanese, the people of mixed ancestry that treated me like I was a person. As for the blacks, these were the people that couldnt accept another person who was mixed black and asian who treated people who were non black more better than someone who was half black...these are the real sell outs. And some talk about brotherhood and being so holy and righteous in God..yeah right!

Its like me going to a club and you have this white woman who tried to talk ghetto to me...now thats stereotyping thinking all black people talk ebonics and such..pisses me off...and I believe the reason why  is because you have all these videos portraying that most blacks are all white-woman loving man whores who steal peoples' girlfriends and impregnate all these women giving birth to so called bastard children...

It is the black preachers I distrust who call out the race card at every chance they get but you dont know what goes on behind close doors and how much money they hoard from the congregation to lead a rich and opulent life...

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2007, 10:25:23 AM »
You have people especially the black race crying victim for generations of slavery and blame white people for this and that. But we forget to mention that it is the black race and its own people that sold other black people out for greed and money and use the white race as an example for being in a foreign land and such. If these people arent happy here why dont they move back to Africa and better themselves there?
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2007, 10:28:04 AM »
Good Credit, no bastard children and don't own a piece...

Do you really think that people with lower incomes don't have what you have?
You are perpetrating a stereotype.
Not everyone is smart enough of financially savvy enough to move out of the hood.
They do the best they can with what they have.
Doesn't mean they own guns.
Doesn't mean they have bad credit or bastard children.

Could it be that some people are comfortable with their stations in life?
More material wealth does not make you a better person, just gives you more material "stuff".

Mo' money, Mo problems(Notorious B.I.G.)

Sandra

AHAAHHAHAHA!!!  Whatever helps you sleep at night Sandra.    Besides, the "stereotype" you refer to is now a class of people plain and simple.   They've adopted the stereotype and gone nuts with it.    And unfortunately most of folks in this "class" are yellow-toothed crack monkeys that carry weapons, tag walls and underpasses, have 2-4 shoeless dirtkids in their teens, never finish high school, have poor hygiene, endless debt and live and breathe violence.   Anytime you feel differently just watch the 10 o'clock news.

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2007, 10:34:20 AM »
Man of Steel...blame the music....its influences the youth to lie, cheat, steal, kill, smoke weed,  glorify murder and sleeping with peoples' wives/girlfriends....

Its all about the music...kids think its cool

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #110 on: March 19, 2007, 10:35:42 AM »
Man of Steel...blame the music....its influences the youth to lie, cheat, steal, kill, smoke weed,  glorify murder and sleeping with peoples' wives/girlfriends....

There's absolutely no doubt that the current "hip hop" culture has taken crappy kids and turned em into piles of dogshit.

incognegro

• Getbig II
  • I move the weight like i'm Oprah's son!
« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2007, 10:39:31 AM »
I go to getbig to talk about bodybuilding, supplements etc. and every thread turns into racist meltdown, with neo nazi rhetoric and kkk undertones completly ridiculous. squadfather strated this post just to spin everybody out and make them angry. I think he truly is intelligent he starts posts to piss evybody off and gets a kick out of it, quite frankly that truly is amusing

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #112 on: March 19, 2007, 10:44:47 AM »
I see that and I think 10th grade education, hourly wage job, borrows money from grandma, bound to have a cousin named "Rey-Rey".
thats exactly what i felt when i saw that video.
And same old routinely thug fashion.I think even thugs dont want to admit him.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2007, 10:52:04 AM »
guys like Davidpaul go to bodybuilding expos in a bandana, sunglasses and a hard ass attitude making gang signs and saying stuff like "sup bitch!!", do you think that this type of thing reinforces negative stereotypes?
Hahahaha! D tothemuthafkn P was just keepin it REAL, that's all. He be just a product of his enviorment. Grew up in the west side of Compton, CA. His mama taught him the lyrics to 'Fear of a Black Planet' before she'd ever help him out with hsi homework. It aint his fault. His culture is all he got.

Otherwise...

Sterotypes come from somewhere and are true majority of the time. Women w/ lower-back tattoos are 9 out of 10 times SLUTS. No exception. Men ages 15-24 who are of Italian descent and try too hard to be 'super-Italian' watch too many Scorcese films and are NOT in the mob.

ALl Arabs should be under watch at airports or government buldings. If a negore is looking suspiscious then he is probably about to 'jak' something, and YES...probably has a cousin 'RayRay' and a little cousin called 'peanut'...and probably likes RED flavor KooLaid. Not 'cherry'...RED.

?

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2007, 11:02:46 AM »
I do find it quite strange that Asians do seem to 'move up' the ladder, not only in Asia itself but also in the United States.

For some reasons - and I do not know why - black people in general have a harder time moving up the ladder.

No offense, but the average Asian is smarter and have better work ethics.

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
« Reply #115 on: March 19, 2007, 11:12:23 AM »

There is a sadder side to this........Black men tend to be bad Fathers they tend to roam around as if they are still in a village straying from one lover to the next.

This leaves a big void in many young blacks kids lives and they have no male role model, cue MTV! MTV portrays big no nonsense taking black guys with loads of money and bitches, who don't work hard for a living. With no role model to follow this becomes the norm and you have a situation where people dress and talk and ACT as if they are in a Rap video.

Yes blame the music but look at why these kids turn to it.

ta ta

Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: March 19, 2007, 11:13:57 AM »

Sterotypes come from somewhere and are true majority of the time. Women w/ lower-back tattoos are 9 out of 10 times SLUTS. No exception. Men ages 15-24 who are of Italian descent and try too hard to be 'super-Italian' watch too many Scorcese films and are NOT in the mob.

ALl Arabs should be under watch at airports or government buldings. If a negore is looking suspiscious then he is probably about to 'jak' something, and YES...probably has a cousin 'RayRay' and a little cousin called 'peanut'...and probably likes RED flavor KooLaid. Not 'cherry'...RED.

^^ TRUTH.  Most stereotypes originate based on some degree of truth, otherwise the stereotype wouldn't continue.  

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: March 19, 2007, 01:46:27 PM »
AHAAHHAHAHA!!!  Whatever helps you sleep at night Sandra.    Besides, the "stereotype" you refer to is now a class of people plain and simple.   They've adopted the stereotype and gone nuts with it.    And unfortunately most of folks in this "class" are yellow-toothed crack monkeys that carry weapons, tag walls and underpasses, have 2-4 shoeless dirtkids in their teens, never finish high school, have poor hygiene, endless debt and live and breathe violence.   Anytime you feel differently just watch the 10 o'clock news.

[/quote
Why would I watch the news for information that I can get straight out of the hood?  The news will just show you what is sensationalized.  The news doesn't show people of color doing well.  The feel good news reported is how a dog was rescued or a cat was found after days hidden in a stores' wall.

I have family in the hood. Hard working, upstanding people. Married with children, good credit and no criminal records. 
Like I said, there are bad apples in any neighborhood.  There are also good apples in any neighborhood.

So, you tell me you believe that everyone in the hood are just like the ones you see on the news.
I challenge you, go  to a local community center, a church, a neighborhood meeting in the hood, you may learn a thing or two.

Sandra

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: March 19, 2007, 01:58:18 PM »

Sandra,

Why is it in 'da hood' there are 5 churches on every block. Currency Exchage on the corner with a liquor store next to that.

Oh yea...a Beauty Supply store on every corner to.

Why is that?

Why do majority of your people think 'Lil Kim' is GREAT and Condoleeza Rice is a bitch? Why is Colin Powell a 'sell out' but Flava Flave is a hero?
?

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: March 19, 2007, 02:09:17 PM »
Sandra,

Why is it in 'da hood' there are 5 churches on every block. Currency Exchage on the corner with a liquor store next to that.

The same reason why you can walk in midtown Manhattan and throw a stone and hit churches of differing religions, people believe in faith and want to show it.
Who is exchanging american currency for something else?  Liquor stores make money in the hood just like in any other neighborhood.

Oh yea...a Beauty Supply store on every corner to.
Beauty supply stores...speaks for itself.  You have people in the beauty business, doing hair, nails, makeup, etc.
Also, people in the hood like to look good.

Why is that?

Why do majority of your people think 'Lil Kim' is GREAT and Condoleeza Rice is a bitch? Why is Colin Powell a 'sell out' but Flava Flave is a hero?

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2007, 02:12:53 PM »
I love knocking these stero-types out of the park while still keeping true to my roots

I came up a little tough, made something of myself and i didnt have to "sell out" to do it...
No one defines me but me. can you dig it.

PS im not callin no one on here a sell out.

Exactly... big_mal you seem like a good guy who doesnt get caught up in all that gangsta shit